918 vs Pirelli Aventador

Nuvolari612

If you think the 918's 6:57 lap is all it got and the SV can match the 918 on the track, you are in a world of surprise.

Let's wait until someone put the SV on the Laguna Seca track and see how many seconds it can shave from the regular Aventador's lap of 1:35s. The current production car record lap is 1.29.89 in a non-Weissach 918, you think the SV can shave 5 seconds from the regular Aventador's time? :eusa_think:

I just came back from an airport strip event with a few friends. The best I did in my 918 was 0-60 in 2.3s, 0-186 in 18.7s and 0-60 in e-mode in 5.1s.

:iamwithstupid:

LaF is Faster on a track than a 918 which is faster than a p1 which is faster than an SV will be, all things being equal.

Souce: Enough seat time in them all (hundreds upon hundreds of miles in the big 3, only a day in an SV). With that said the SV is a fantastic bargain.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow these arguments.... they are all amazing cars... who gives a fcuk about 5 seconds on a track... I don't get the hate for one or the other. True car enthusiast will appreciate them all for what they are.....

LaF is Faster on a track than a 918 which is faster than a p1 which is faster than an SV will be, all things being equal.

Souce: Enough seat time in them all (hundreds upon hundreds of miles in the big 3, only a day in an SV). With that said the SV is a fantastic bargain.

I also think a big plus for some including me is the SV is all NA power with no electric assistance. 8500 RPM's of a screaming v12 that hangs with the big 3 at almost half the price!

I also think a big plus for some including me is the SV is all NA power with no electric assistance. 8500 RPM's of a screaming v12 that hangs with the big 3 at almost half the price!

I agree, I love the SV. The other three are awesome but the SV, and especially the SVR are silly fantastic machines.

Wow these arguments.... they are all amazing cars... who gives a fcuk about 5 seconds on a track... I don't get the hate for one or the other. True car enthusiast will appreciate them all for what they are.....

I hope it does not come across as hate - brands and their owners have been competing for years.

5 seconds on the track is like losing 5 inches off your pecker ... feel free to try it :)

Pirelli made special handcut racingslicks for the Huayra that went around the Top Gear track and got caught. First they claimed the tires were PZeros, then "corrected" themselves and said the tires were Trofeo Rs wich wasnt correct either... So its not like Pirelli together with a manufacturer hasnt "cheated" before.

If you look at the Nurburgring lap with the SV, you can tell that after about half the lap the tires are done, and I find it weird that a regular tire by Pirelli would be toast after just half a lap..

Iv'e always been suspicious about the insanely fast SV lap since the time was released, however I guess we wont find out what tires were actually on until we get to see a picture published of the tires, wich I doubt will happened im afraid.

Let's not add the Huayra debacle into this.

SV had more speed higher at the end of back straight.

SV is better in tight corners while the 918 is better in faster corners.

I fail to see the tires going at half lap - no driver is that good.

Test at Silverstone showed a different result.

P1 918 LaF in that order.

Can't get it to load - click latest news hopefully the owner has an SV incoming :)

http://thesupercarkids.com/track-shooutout...-vs-918-spyder/

Happy to elaborate. My comments are an educated guess

Thought so, unfortunately I tend to care for facts not guesses, educated or otherwise.

I hope it does not come across as hate - brands and their owners have been competing for years.

5 seconds on the track is like losing 5 inches off your pecker ... feel free to try it :)

How about 2.7in off your pecker?

Hockenheim short lap times: 1m 09s (SV) vs. 1m 06.3s (918)

You still think the SV is "only" 2s slower than the 918 at the Ring? :rolleyes:

You post pixie dust one lap hitter quitter with no video and ask me to cut off my pecker.

I posted which car performed better based on the ring run where they ran for 7 minutes not 60 some odd seconds so feel free to respond to that post.

Regardless would gladly cut 2.7 off my pecker vs unable to perform after 66 seconds - now I know why 918 owners love batteries.

Let's see the video / drivers / tires etc.

You post pixie dust one lap hitter quitter with no video which means no driver info no tire info etc.

I posted which car performed better based on the ring run where they ran for 7 minutes and you had no response.

Then posted results at Silverstone - again no response. ThethetheFerrari was one second faster than the new F12 tdf at Fiorano and I am pretty sure the SV is faster than the new F12 and Silverstone showed the ThethetheFerrari faster than the 918 :)

You post pixie dust one lap hitter quitter with no video which means no driver info no tire info etc.

I posted which car performed better based on the ring run where they ran for 7 minutes and you had no response.

Then posted results at Silverstone - again no response. ThethetheFerrari was one second faster than the new F12 tdf at Fiorano and I am pretty sure the SV is faster than the new F12 and Silverstone showed the ThethetheFerrari faster than the 918 :)

Let me educate you here......

Hockenheim short lap was test done by Sports Auto magazine in Germany with their world-class Supertest. 918 is 2.7 seconds faster. Both lap times were conducted by Sports Auto test driver. Every information on tires and etc are published. Fact.

N-Ring laptime. 918 development prototype (which is a lot slower than the final production 918) is almost 3 seconds faster than the SV. Fact.

Silverstone short lap. 918 is faster than the LaF (not the other way around as you have made up), but lap time is so close, that I would say the result is a draw. Fact.

You think the SV is faster than the new F12 TDF? Sure, that's your theory and assumption. Not a fact.

So let me get this straight.......in your messed up logic, you think that just because the SV might be faster than the new F12 TDF, which in turn is 1 second slower than the LaF at Fiorano, which is slightly slower than the 918 at the Silverstone short track, makes the SV faster than the 918 at the Ring or any other track?! :jackoff:

Let me educate you here......

Hockenheim short lap was test done by Sports Auto magazine in Germany with their world-class Supertest. 918 is 2.7 seconds faster. Both lap times were conducted by Sports Auto test driver. Every information on tires and etc are published. Fact.

N-Ring laptime. 918 development prototype (which is a lot slower than the final production 918) is almost 3 seconds faster than the SV. Fact.

Silverstone short lap. 918 is faster than the LaF (not the other way around as you have made up), but lap time is so close, that I would say the result is a draw. Fact.

You think the SV is faster than the new F12 TDF? Sure, that's your theory and assumption. Not a fact.

So let me get this straight.......in your messed up logic, you think that just because the SV might be faster than the new F12 TDF, which in turn is 1 second slower than the LaF at Fiorano, which is slightly slower than the 918 at the Silverstone short track, makes the SV faster than the 918 at the Ring or any other track?! :jackoff:

The La was faster than the 918 at Silverstone. I posted a video by the same driver at the track on the same day produced by the owner of all three cars could not have been more FAIR speaking of fair its sort of important to compare cars on the same day with the same or equal driver but you already knew that ... just don't like to prove or post it.

Ferrari has tape of the La and F12 tdf which is ONE FULL second slower and I believe the SV is faster than the F12 tdf all day long on any track but for the 1/4 mile.

My logic is based on tape - you know how to view tape but prefer not to as it may show your thoughts are ... thoughts.

You know when one get's pissy it's usually because they can't prove their point :)

The La was faster than the 918 at Silverstone. I posted a video by the same driver at the track on the same day produced by the owner of all three cars could not have been more FAIR speaking of fair its sort of important to compare cars on the same day with the same or equal driver but you already knew that ... just don't like to prove or post it.

Ferrari has tape of the La and F12 tdf which is ONE FULL second slower and I believe the SV is faster than the F12 tdf all day long on any track but for the 1/4 mile.

My logic is based on tape - you know how to view tape but prefer not to as it may show your thoughts are ... thoughts.

You know when one get's pissy it's usually because they can't prove their point :)

You need to go back and watch the Paul Bailey's video my friend. The results were P1 (58.24s), 918 (58.47s) and LaF (58.58s). If you are curious, here are the telemetry data as well since you can't even watch a video properly :eusa_wall: :

P1 - 160.076 mph

ThethetheFerrari - 159.799 mph

918 - 157.698 mph

Max Cornering

918 - 1.29 g

P1 - 1.26 g

ThethetheFerrari - 1.24 g

Max breaking

918 - 1.49 g

P1 - 1.46

ThethetheFerrari - 1.38 g

As for your so-claimed secrete Ferrari video, show me. Ferrari's official record is that the F12TDF (1:21s) laps the Fiorano track 1.3seconds SLOWER than the LaF (1:19.7s). :eusa_think:

Are you even for real? Or just some troll here who can't even get his facts straight?

Those time would indicate that the SV is slower than a regular A...which is highly unlikely...which in turn should tell us that different day, different condition tests shouldn't be taken too seriously.

At its price point the SV has no equals..at its price point the 918 has no equals... Given the choice.. Id just rather be slow in a Porsche CGT over either of them.

You need to go back and watch the Paul Bailey's video my friend. The results were P1 (58.24s), 918 (58.47s) and LaF (58.58s). If you are curious, here are the telemetry data as well since you can't even watch a video properly :eusa_wall: :

P1 - 160.076 mph

ThethetheFerrari - 159.799 mph

918 - 157.698 mph

Max Cornering

918 - 1.29 g

P1 - 1.26 g

ThethetheFerrari - 1.24 g

Max breaking

918 - 1.49 g

P1 - 1.46

ThethetheFerrari - 1.38 g

As for your so-claimed secrete Ferrari video, show me. Ferrari's official record is that the F12TDF (1:21s) laps the Fiorano track 1.3seconds SLOWER than the LaF (1:19.7s). :eusa_think:

Are you even for real? Or just some troll here who can't even get his facts straight?

Stand corrected - you are very good at copying and pasting admittedly made a mistake while at work arguing with a 918 owner who now questions if I am real keep your jv comments to yourself.

Have a good day - don't forget to plug in your V8 hybrid :)

At its price point the SV has no equals..at its price point the 918 has no equals... Given the choice.. Id just rather be slow in a Porsche CGT over either of them.

I thought you were getting a CGT, did you ever find one?

Love my CGT - more than a handful full traction WOT isn't found until 4th gear.

Seat of the pants car even going slow it's demanding - sounds like an F1 feels like a full built race car. The clutch is a myth from guys who can't drive best part of the car I liked it so much I bought a NOS spare :)

FWIW, as it has been said the 918's 6.57 lap at the Ring was done with a pre-production car. The cars that went out to the customers have been upgraded and it's believed that a now stock 918 would be able to cut about 5-10sec from the pre-production cars time.

Motortrend were for example one second faster round Laguna Seca with the upgraded car, and that's a 90sec lap.

I was shocked when I heard that the SV did a sub-7min lap at the Ring and looking at the specs it's difficult to see how it could be so much faster than the regular Aventador. I hope the rumours about the tires aren't true though.

I was shocked when I heard that the SV did a sub-7min lap at the Ring and looking at the specs it's difficult to see how it could be so much faster than the regular Aventador. I hope the rumours about the tires aren't true though.

I agree with you, I felt the same about the light versions of the Gallardo range, SL and STS, the changes in specifications are insignificant but the cars feel and drive completely different, night and day IMO, I guess small changes can make big differences.

Also all this lap times and metrics are mostly PR BS, I am yet to see one of us, and we have tones of exotic owners here with all sorts of toys, get anywhere near those numbers on the respective tracks.

It's like factory claims for fuel consumption and emissions, take them with a huge grain of salt LOL.

FWIW, as it has been said the 918's 6.57 lap at the Ring was done with a pre-production car. The cars that went out to the customers have been upgraded and it's believed that a now stock 918 would be able to cut about 5-10sec from the pre-production cars time.

Motortrend were for example one second faster round Laguna Seca with the upgraded car, and that's a 90sec lap.

918 owners will keep begging like Oliver (may I have some more) Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 and recently boosted output of the rear e-motor and torque to improve handling.

They have some 25 odd prototypes that don't have a VIN one was used for the RING LAP! These prototypes are going to be flaunted all over the world and they will continually be tweaked.

5 10 seconds another myth makes the Pirelli tire team look even better as we all know Pirelli makes an inferior tire. It held back the P1 and it holds

back the SV. Don't be shocked there is a perfectly good tape to watch suggest stop listening to 918 fan boys.

Personally think these guys are nuts getting in a street car and running at the Ring.

Unless the test is done the same day with same driver and identical tires, it is completely irrelevant. And it is irrelevant anyway as both cars are plenty fast and whatever happens on the ring will never be duplicated on the street.

Enjoy both cars for what they are, they are works of art.