SV exhaust to quiet

Bld

Now I am anxious to experience it myself, thank you!

We won't mind if you want to share few photos :icon_thumleft:

Believe it or not, haven't taken any photos yet. Will do so soon and try to upload (also have not yet uploaded any photos to this website).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get straight pipes without a crossover/x-pipe and it will be loud. Dump primary cats to make it LOUD.

That would work, but I think that would be too loud for me. With my LP 700, just opening up the exhaust valve fully was good enough.

while shifting hard in Corsa mode under heavy use, it was harsh but less violent than my LP 700 was.

The violence and brutality of corsa shifts are my absolute favourite thing about the LP700. Hearing that shifts are less brutal in what's suppose to be a more hardcore version is (to me) a let down.

It's had a full restoration. Installed a dz302 with corvette heads - original dz with ram air sits in storage with the rosewood steering wheel.

Son wants an exotic the Z may be on it's way out tossed him the keys when he said you know it's my b-day today completely forgot had the keys in my hand. Suggested over a year grab a 92 TR512 when they were 100k now at 250k he realizes his dad every once in awhile is right plus that was his birth year. Silly Kids!

very nice! :icon_thumleft:

I took delivery of my SV last Thursday. Amazed at how different it is than my 2012 LP 700. Much crisper and precise. However, the exhaust is way to quiet, especially at lower rpm. My dealer said they installed the exhaust software update, and that appears to have lowered the rpm range when the valve opens to between 2,500 and 3,000 rpm. However, below that rpm it is very quiet - no way the valve can be open at low rpm. Anyone else notice this?

The LP 700 had an optional exhaust valve override that I believe kept the valve open at all rpm. My dealer tells me that is not available on the SV, only the software upgrade I already have.

I had a Capristo remote exhaust controller on my LP 700, and that solved my sound concern on that car. I'm wonderng if one is available for the SV, and if it would give better low rpm sound.

Interested in any thoughts.

I'm getting mine but have a LNB Valveless / Catless system tuned by ECU Tuning Group now on my 2014 LP 700Visit My Website. But when I called these guys they installed on a 2016 SV no probs I guess. So all my stuff should work i hope!!

IMG_6707.JPG

Does the exhaust tuning increase power and torque on the SV like it does on regular LP700? (See attached Sound Performance Tuning PDF)

I don't know - haven't heard anything about its effect on power or torque. I'm curious too.

Does the exhaust tuning increase power and torque on the SV like it does on regular LP700? (See attached Sound Performance Tuning PDF)

If the SV exhaust is the same as the LP700 (probably is), then you should see similar gains. The tune probably won't net as much of a gain as the LP700.

If the SV exhaust is the same as the LP700 (probably is), then you should see similar gains. The tune probably won't net as much of a gain as the LP700.

As I understand, the SV exhaust is totally different than that on the LP 700, and that is where they got a substantial part of the weight reduction and power increase.

As I understand, the SV exhaust is totally different than that on the LP 700, and that is where they got a substantial part of the weight reduction and power increase.

Will find out very soon I guess, but the crap I took off my LP700 prolly knocked 50 pounds off and it's one hell of a lot faster and shifts so flipping fast my fingers have a hard time keeping up till she hits redline. Plus after the major tune its way smoother shifting as well and more fun to drive. I hope the SV will gain even more power & fun. I do not think it will be as comfy on long trips thou. No glove box either. Saved them 3 pounds I bet! I think they even took the manual out! Another pound! LOL

Which one has the most F1 pitch...Kreissieg?

I'd say Kreissieg or Power Craft

Kreissieg was the champ, I would put them at 3 now though.

Power Craft pitch doesn't get as high as Kreissieg, it has a high "mid range" pitch but it does produce a more consistent sound than Kreissieg.

Power Craft pitch doesn't get as high as Kreissieg, it has a high "mid range" pitch but it does produce a more consistent sound than Kreissieg.

So what's 1 and 2?

So what's 1 and 2?

I think its a matter of opinion also what other components and tune you do. I did LNB valveless muffler very unrestrictive, Capristo cat less down pipes and an aggressive tune from ECU Tuning group car is smooth loud fast and bonus ...... shoots HUGE flames if needed. This except tune should work on SV but doubt I will get the huge gains as the factory tweaked the ECU I would guess. In 12,000 hard KMs I have never seen 1 light or overheated at all.

I think its a matter of opinion also what other components and tune you do. I did LNB valveless muffler very unrestrictive, Capristo cat less down pipes and an aggressive tune from ECU Tuning group car is smooth loud fast and bonus ...... shoots HUGE flames if needed. This except tune should work on SV but doubt I will get the huge gains as the factory tweaked the ECU I would guess. In 12,000 hard KMs I have never seen 1 light or overheated at all.

Just want to do catback. Aiming more for the F1 noise, don't care too much about shooting flames.

there are around 20 different exhausts for the Aventador, the majority of them retain the stock "gruff" sound so they basically sound similar. There is only a handful that have managed to get rid of the gruff and produce distinct high pitch noise which IMO can be objectively rated.

So what's 1 and 2?

1 Star Dropper/Brilliant This is the highest pitch system out there. I would actually consider it higher pitch than an F1 sound in that, F1 sound has a symphonic quality to it, this exhaust has a really raw and "industrial" high pitch under load. This exhaust does produce a very clean F1 sound when revving though.

grigio has the Star Dropper, the chrome wrap has a "popular brand". there is no comparison.

all three have the Star Dropper

LB roadster has the Star Dropper, other roadster has Kreissieg. drastically different.

there are more clips of the Star Dropper just pm if you want, I don't wanna flood the thread.

2 FRF This exhaust actually came out a few months ago. It produces a really clean high pitch, the sound is tuned much better than the Star Dropper for a more sophisticated sound.

Sup, thank you for your valuable insight. You are right, those whom are wanting to go for the ultimate highest pitch should look into Star Dropper, for a more organic experience my money rests on FRF.

I will be getting the FRF for my next purchase.

P.S. I can't stop raping the replay button on the last vid, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...