Painting my car

Mondi

So before I get called crazy for painting 1 of 2 6-speed arancio atlas LP640s let me briefly explain my reasoning. My top 3 favorite colors on this car are in this order: 1) Rosso Andromeda 2) Arancio Atlas 3) Grigio Telesto. Red has always been my favorite color followed by orange and my first Lambo was Rosso Andromeda. Every time I look at my car I think "I love this car, love the color!" But after a couple seconds I think to myself "but it would be so much nicer in red." Since there aren't any US Rosso Andromeda 6-speeds available I've decided to paint the car and make it perfect for me. I've got a 670 body kit that will be delivered next week so this is the perfect time to paint the car as the kit will need to be painted. I don't necessarily care about resale as I'm planning on keeping it long term and handing it down to my son - I'm 29 and single so it won't be for a while lol.

I've already found a shop that's going to redo the entire interior in black alcantara with red alcantara inserts and red Q-Citura stitching.

So my question is. What shops in the LA area do you guys recommend? Money isn't a factor and it will be a full repaint (engine, panels, and trimmings out). I've already talked to Mitch at Famous Autosports and like his work. They painted a GTR in Monterey Blue and their work looks flawless.

i could trade you my telesto LP for your LP! hahaha... best of luck and can't wait to see the finished product. if you don't mind me asking, who's SV kit did you end up going with?

i could trade you my telesto LP for your LP! hahaha... best of luck and can't wait to see the finished product. if you don't mind me asking, who's SV kit did you end up going with?

Haha thanks man. I chose the Premier4509 kit with the small deck wing

PM Kinnsella, he has his G painted by a SoCal shop and was pleased with their work as I recall.

Will do. Thank you

I hope I dont get flamed for this but here goes.

Putting on the premier kit and painting such a rare car should be a ..... Punishable crime! I would rather try and chase down the red one in canada bring if over im sure it would cost you less!

Now, we are all free to do as we desire with our money and belongings but with such a rare car and so desirable im highly against it. Since you are changing so many things in this car why not start with another Egear car altogether? A manual conversion could be done , change of colour and the interior for the same price price you could sell your car for! So the savings would be the price pf the kit, interior redo, and colour change!

Just saying of course you are free to do as you so desire but what you have here sir is one very rare bull.

PS have you seen the premier kit in person? Touches it ? Looked at fitment etc? I have in a members car that did a roadster from this forum and if i may say ABORTION? IMO of course but the body lines flow so nicely on a LP, the SV also it very thoughtout . Not so much on a premier kit. I compare it with the Gembella kit on the carrera GT. Just a bunch of sharp edges that take away from the true design of the car.

So please think very hard about this. I might have stepped out of line but I know i speak for many here.

Go-ran - that's pretty much the response I was expecting. I contacted the seller of the red Canadian car a few months ago before I purchased mine but it was already sold. I had Ed (the king when it comes to locating 6-speed LP640s) try to locate the new owner to make an offer but had no luck. I'm giving it another month before I paint my car so hopefully I'll be able to locate the red one and trade mine for it. I haven't seen the kit in person but if I don't like it I'll get an other one, that's not an issue.

Hannibal - wraps only look good from 5 feet away IMO. Don't like the fact that the door sills will still be orange and the orange/black interior wouldn't match the red exterior.

I had my Gallardo completely repainted due to stone chip damage, the windscreen, lights, grills and wipers were replaced too. AVIO in West LA did a slow but excellent job. The paint has held up very well. My 06 Gallardo looks brand new.

Yours isn't an LP640 though right?

No, it isn't. If the list I have is correct there isnt such thing as a Rossa Andromeda LP-640. Mine does have a lot of the upgrade though.

Go-ran - that's pretty much the response I was expecting. I contacted the seller of the red Canadian car a few months ago before I purchased mine but it was already sold. I had Ed (the king when it comes to locating 6-speed LP640s) try to locate the new owner to make an offer but had no luck. I'm giving it another month before I paint my car so hopefully I'll be able to locate the red one and trade mine for it. I haven't seen the kit in person but if I don't like it I'll get an other one, that's not an issue.

Hannibal - wraps only look good from 5 feet away IMO. Don't like the fact that the door sills will still be orange and the orange/black interior wouldn't match the red exterior.

I think you've seen some bad wraps man! Some of them are amazing now. The quality shops will even wrap the door jams and the door handles. See Roy and his SV he wrapped brown.

I think you've seen some bad wraps man! Some of them are amazing now. The quality shops will even wrap the door jams and the door handles. See Roy and his SV he wrapped brown.

Thanks for he info, I'll look into it. If I can find a shop that can do a flawless wrap then I'll go that route.

So before I get called crazy for painting 1 of 2 6-speed arancio atlas LP640s let me briefly explain my reasoning. My top 3 favorite colors on this car are in this order: 1) Rosso Andromeda 2) Arancio Atlas 3) Grigio Telesto. Red has always been my favorite color followed by orange and my first Lambo was Rosso Andromeda. Every time I look at my car I think "I love this car, love the color!" But after a couple seconds I think to myself "but it would be so much nicer in red." Since there aren't any US Rosso Andromeda 6-speeds available I've decided to paint the car and make it perfect for me. I've got a 670 body kit that will be delivered next week so this is the perfect time to paint the car as the kit will need to be painted. I don't necessarily care about resale as I'm planning on keeping it long term and handing it down to my son - I'm 29 and single so it won't be for a while lol.

I've already found a shop that's going to redo the entire interior in black alcantara with red alcantara inserts and red Q-Citura stitching.

So my question is. What shops in the LA area do you guys recommend? Money isn't a factor and it will be a full repaint (engine, panels, and trimmings out). I've already talked to Mitch at Famous Autosports and like his work. They painted a GTR in Monterey Blue and their work looks flawless.

Specialty Car Craft

1862 S La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035

(310) 838-5551

Just talked to Mitch about a wrap after Hannibal recommended it. Mitch said he could wrap the entire car where it would look perfect and he's got a complete interior that he could reupholster and swap out with mine. I'll be going this route to preserve the original paint and original interior. I just hope the wrap comes out good, everything I've seen so far hasn't impressed me up close.

Just talked to Mitch about a wrap after Hannibal recommended it. Mitch said he could wrap the entire car where it would look perfect and he's got a complete interior that he could reupholster and swap out with mine. I'll be going this route to preserve the original paint and original interior. I just hope the wrap comes out good, everything I've seen so far hasn't impressed me up close.

That is a great call; exactly what I would have done!

That is a great call; exactly what I would have done!

Of course you would've if you even dared to color change that stunning blue of yours I can guarantee a LP angry mob chasing you down seeking justice :icon_mrgreen:

image.jpeg

No, it isn't. If the list I have is correct there isnt such thing as a Rossa Andromeda LP-640. Mine does have a lot of the upgrade though.

It's a 2007 LP640 Rosso Andromeda from Canada. Was from BC I think, last seen in Edmonton.

Has red/black 2 tone interior that was redone. It was for sale recently

You're right, it's your car and you're free to do as you like. Repaint it would be fine, add a bodykit would be fine. The more you go away from OEM the more the other manual LP's will be worth. :turboalex:

Stickercity wraps some very high profile cars, but I think they are in OC.

Wrap the car & the jambs, nobody will be able to tell the difference. FYI wrap won't have the depth of metallic paint, but if I were in your shoes, I'd wrap the car.

Of course you would've if you even dared to color change that stunning blue of yours I can guarantee a LP angry mob chasing you down seeking justice :icon_mrgreen:

LOL, very true! :icon_mrgreen:

That red one from Canada was stunning! If it went for $200k someone definitely got a steal. Whiteout is right, the wrap won't give you quite the depth that paint will but from what I've seen lately it will get super close. There's a guy on IG that just wrapped a new Turbo in this pearl purple, color is bananas and has a ton of depth to it. If you are serious aoout wrapping it get a bunch of different samples and have them put on something with curves so you can take them outside and see how they look in the sun. Stoked to see how it comes out!

Stickercity wraps some very high profile cars, but I think they are in OC.

Wrap the car & the jambs, nobody will be able to tell the difference. FYI wrap won't have the depth of metallic paint, but if I were in your shoes, I'd wrap the car.

Sticker city is in Sherman Oaks, I think detailing dynamics is the big name wrap shop in OC but if Mondi is talking about Mitch Sanders, Mitch has someone he subs to I believe. I talked to him about it that day Luxeous and he and I ran together on Mullholland.