Another Saudi Prince arrested

Castor Troy

Yet a man in his 80's is getting 175 or some lashing in Saudi Arabia for distilling his own wine in his home. This country is so barbaric and it's hard to see why our government continues to be buddy buddy with them. fcuk them.

Yet a man in his 80's is getting 175 or some lashing in Saudi Arabia for distilling his own wine in his home. This country is so barbaric and it's hard to see why our government continues to be buddy buddy with them. fcuk them.

About 150000 people, or so called royals live a life of privilege and control the country. The rest of the population basically scrapes by and gets thrown a bone now and then to keep them from revolting. It is a very repressive regime as we have all witnessed and it is also a regime that is relatively friendly with the western world.

The alternative would not be a pretty picture. We saw what happened in Iraq , Libya and Syria. I don't want to get into a long political debate but the evil that you know is way better than the one you don't

About 150000 people, or so called royals live a life of privilege and control the country. The rest of the population basically scrapes by and gets thrown a bone now and then to keep them from revolting. It is a very repressive regime as we have all witnessed and it is also a regime that is relatively friendly with the western world.

The alternative would not be a pretty picture. We saw what happened in Iraq , Libya and Syria. I don't want to get into a long political debate but the evil that you know is way better than the one you don't

True. I agree and I definitely understand the aspect of lesser of the two evils. Sad to say but places like Iraq were better off under rule of "So-damn Insane". That was one evil guy.

The whole place still irks me though. America has so much fcuking oil right now that we could give them a run for their money but our folks in charge don't care.

The whole place still irks me though. America has so much fcuking oil right now that we could give them a run for their money but our folks in charge don't care.

It is not that simple unfortunately and if you follow oil, there is a big game of chess going on right now with OPEC and the rest of the world. It will be very interesting to see how it unfolds.

True. I agree and I definitely understand the aspect of lesser of the two evils. Sad to say but places like Iraq were better off under rule of "So-damn Insane". That was one evil guy. The whole place still irks me though. America has so much fcuking oil right now that we could give them a run for their money but our folks in charge don't care.

Donald Trump made a salient point when he made a similar statement. He pointed out that Iraq & Libya (and Egypt IMHO) were less of a threat to the rest of the world when Quadaffi & Hussein were in power.

Western society needs to realize there are differences in cultural values vs the "Muslim" world. Leaders there have to be more brutal because power is respected whereas weakness is despised. A firm hand is able to maintain civil order. They do not have a Judeo-Christian perspective, but a society based on a POV that flows from the Quran.

Not that there is anything wrong with that!!!!

Eloquently summed up. +1

Western society needs to realize there are differences in cultural values vs the "Muslim" world. Leaders there have to be more brutal because power is respected whereas weakness is despised. A firm hand is able to maintain civil order. They do not have a Judeo-Christian perspective, but a society based on a POV that flows from the Quran.

The only real difference in culture and values stems from education or lack off it in the middle east.

The abrahamic religions are all pretty violent and wanna teach forgiveness and compassion at the same time.

Still, the US should find a way to show them the finger imho.

Eloquently summed up. +1

Eloquent yet inaccurate...

SA Royals are closer to 10,000 (with the real big shots being the top 1% of that group)...Even the remaining 99% live within a hierarchy, with some members of the tribe "closer" to wealth/power than others , so not exactly an easy subject to make a back handed generalization...This according to "Inside The Kingdom" by Robert Lacey

Now if Seacrest would produce keeping up with the Royals lol

Not that there is anything wrong with that!!!!

Really? There is nothing wrong in disqusting violent quran that oppresses women and oppresses everybody in the area?

There is as much wrong as there can be. + five exclamation marks.

Wasn't Saudi Arabia appointed as the UN's Head of Human Rights Council? :lol2: Just shows how spineless the UN is and only looks for those paychecks.

Really? There is nothing wrong in disqusting violent quran that oppresses women and oppresses everybody in the area? There is as much wrong as there can be. + five exclamation marks.

That was a sarcastic Jerry Seinfeld reference.

The Kingdom is a completely different animal compared to the rest of the Middle East. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy gets off Scot free of any visible punishment yet finds his allowance curtailed severely.

I don't know the numbers but there are many people in KSA that are struggling to get by or so it seemed to me. Afaik royals and a few other families trusted by the royals hold most of the wealth and power. Extremely backward country as a whole, and as said above, the devil you know... Wahabist ideology which stems from this region of Arabia is responsible for a lot of extreme interpretations of religious texts and because of the immense wealth it was propagated around the world in the 20th century. They're basically a nation that won a geological lottery, that's all, there's very little merit of their own in their wealth. They were mostly uneducated shepherds and nomads before oil was discovered, with very little urban culture. Saudis have never had the cultured sophisticated elite that Lebanon, Syria, Iraq or Egypt had. Their culture is much different and a lot more inflexible and anchored in religion. I'd hate to think what would happen if the current regime looses control there. It would be a massive PITA for the entire planet.

Anyways said prince will suffer some consequences, but not even close to what a regular citizen would have to endure for such a crime. Actually a regular citizen would be executed. I've heard rumors before that many Arab royals are involved in the drug trade because they are untouchable, and not only Saudis, royals of Gulf monarchies too.

I had once a teacher who was a wife of former Finnish ambassador in Saudi Arabia. They lived many years there and she often told about public executions that were kept at the market square every sunday and whatnot...