Low-Body on eBay

IanMan

Makes you wonder why they didn't straighten up the area around the rear tag, install the original wing, recover the shift knob and do away with the Aeroquip fuel and oil lines.

When you spend over 75K restoring a Countach pay attention to all of the details as it would have been another $3,000 - $5,000 to do it correctly.

Those items will hold the car back now by at least $10,000 to $15,000 off the final sale price. :eusa_wall:

Makes you wonder why they didn't straighten up the area around the rear tag, install the original wing, recover the shift knob and do away with the Aeroquip fuel and oil lines.

When you spend over 75K restoring a Countach pay attention to all of the details as it would have been another $3,000 - $5,000 to do it correctly.

Those items will hold the car back now by at least $10,000 to $15,000 off the final sale price. :eusa_wall:

Exactly. When you see things like that it makes you wonder what else is zip tied together.

Whats funny.. Its a series one Low body.. they have sold for more in non running condition.

If I'm not mistaken, the car you're referring to was a museum piece 1 of 1 time capsule with near zero miles, that hadnt run in decades, essentially a brand new car. This is no where near that car and at least IMO, it's got way too much wrong with it to be worth anywhere near what they're asking.

With that said, look how many ct's are on eBay now. Anyone remember back in lpower's infancy where there would never be more than 2 or 3 Lambos (any model) on eBay at any given time?

If I'm not mistaken, the car you're referring to was a museum piece 1 of 1 time capsule with near zero miles, that hadnt run in decades, essentially a brand new car. This is no where near that car and at least IMO, it's got way too much wrong with it to be worth anywhere near what they're asking.

With that said, look how many ct's are on eBay now. Anyone remember back in lpower's infancy where there would never be more than 2 or 3 Lambos (any model) on eBay at any given time?

Thats one.. The copper one... I know of 2 others that have sold in the same range.. Even if you had to sink another 100k into this car, it still would be less than what others have sold for. As for the CT on ebay, ofcourse, we knew there would be an initial sell off.. People who paid 50 to 100k, now have cars that in many cases are worth more than their house.

Thats one.. The copper one... I know of 2 others that have sold in the same range.. Even if you had to sink another 100k into this car, it still would be less than what others have sold for. As for the CT on ebay, ofcourse, we knew there would be an initial sell off.. People who paid 50 to 100k, now have cars that in many cases are worth more than their house.

What happened to Vinny's red side draft car?

Anyone remember back in lpower's infancy where there would never be more than 2 or 3 Lambos (any model) on eBay at any given time?

Bingo and Amen.

Bingo and Amen.

The irony was that one or more of the two or three cars on eBay at the time were kit cars.

The irony was that one or more of the two or three cars on eBay at the time were shit-cars.

I fixed it for you. :icon_mrgreen:

I have been watching Lambos on eBay since I was a kid in middle school and I never thought I'd see so many on there.

sales are slowing down and a now flooded market will start to bring prices back to earth.

i thought the lp400 and the 400s were at the same roof height and the main visual difference was the fender flares? im still really green when it comes to countach though so i could be totally up in the night

sales are slowing down and a now flooded market will start to bring prices back to earth.

i thought the lp400 and the 400s were at the same roof height and the main visual difference was the fender flares? im still really green when it comes to countach though so i could be totally up in the night

But you are qualified to make market analysis? 7 cars forsale, especially with 3 of them being Anniversaries does not make a flooded market.. Few weeks ago, white 87 Countach QV sold for 350K... Needs full restoration.. Bobliefs car would of been sold by now if it had a wing inmo...

I thought the lp400 and the 400s were at the same roof height and the main visual difference was the fender flares? I'm still really green when it comes to Countach though so I could be totally up in the night

Gawd, an S1 is always a sight for sore eyes. Do you mean different dimensions between S1 cars and later cars? I seem to recall a comparison thread somewhere going through the various dimensions that are different such as the height of the door from the rocker panel to the window sill.

But you are qualified to make market analysis? 7 cars forsale, especially with 3 of them being Anniversaries does not make a flooded market.. Few weeks ago, white 87 Countach QV sold for 350K... Needs full restoration.. Bobliefs car would of been sold by now if it had a wing inmo...

While I'm not disagreeing with you, that car had extremely low mileage, a rare paint color, the interior looked immaculate and it had been sitting for years in storage, so I'd say it was in pretty good shape and a rare opportunity.

While I'm not disagreeing with you, that car had extremely low mileage, a rare paint color, the interior looked immaculate and it had been sitting for years in storage, so I'd say it was in pretty good shape and a rare opportunity.

I know the guy who bought it..

From what I recall, the copper S1 was sitting in the same place it was moved to after the auction. A storage facility. Certainly no hurry to get it home.

I agree with Vic, the red S1 has a few details that have been overlooked, especially if you want top dollar. Fuel lines, dash material, etc. It also sits pretty high.

I know the guy who bought it..

I'm jelly! :icon_mrgreen:

We're there many issues with it? Would it even start or drive?

if i was qualified, id be on wall street. this is just a humble observation. the last year, we have seen some pretty beat cars go for what a lot of us thought was a bit insane. i havent heard of a car like that come up since the 1700 mile white (flood?) car sold. now we have somewhat decent examples around the 3-400k range. i understand that this is not that car but i also see these cars stick around on market for longer. im not here to argue but its just what i feel like i have observed.

I'm jelly! :icon_mrgreen:

We're there many issues with it? Would it even start or drive?

It needs a full mechanical restoration and euro conversion. Basically same as I needed to do with mine.

if i was qualified, id be on wall street. this is just a humble observation. the last year, we have seen some pretty beat cars go for what a lot of us thought was a bit insane. i havent heard of a car like that come up since the 1700 mile white (flood?) car sold. now we have somewhat decent examples around the 3-400k range. i understand that this is not that car but i also see these cars stick around on market for longer. im not here to argue but its just what i feel like i have observed.

Inmo, people expected these cars to just rise and rise with no end in site. Id say a new bottom has been set. Realistic entry level Countach is now around $300 to $350k... As people buy these cars and invest the money to make them right, they will slowly continue to rise over the years.