SV Sport Seats

RoadKing

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just sat in an SV with comfort seats to compare with my sport seats. The comfort seats have significantly more headroom than the sport seats. I know this is counter intuitive, given that the comfort seats have more padding and the motors and electronics, but it is the case. I am still working with the factory to see what can be done to get more headroom with the sport seats.

Just guessing - could it be something to do with the Thorax air bag.

Curious what you have heard if anything.

Just guessing - could it be something to do with the Thorax air bag.

Curious what you have heard if anything.

Our factory rep was just over in Italy at the factory. He was going to address this issue with them. I have not heard back from him yet. Will pass on whatever I hear.

Our factory rep was just over in Italy at the factory. He was going to address this issue with them. I have not heard back from him yet. Will pass on whatever I hear.

It's ridiculously confusing requested a change to comfort.

Every other brand that offers sport vs comfort the sport always has a lower seating position so my guess is the comfort seat allows more adjustment than the sport creating a different angle net result more head room.

I received the response below from the factory.

There is no difference in terms of head room if ordering sports bucket seats instead of electric and heated seats

No modifications are possible to the seats structure, I am sorry.

Picked up mine with sports seats, few hours in it and bum hurts, will get a pillow to sit on, def less head room than in my old aventador. Also angle of th seat upright just doesn't seem right it is too forward so your face is on the windscreen like an old person driving position.

Will report back when I've spent more time with it.

It's cool though, much more aggressive to drive than Aventador. Gearbox seems better as well which is a relief.

Smartest play is to order with comfort seats so it's wired, then buy sport seats and install if you're really a desperado to have a 'pure SV'.

Once you're sick of having a sore arse, reinstall the comfort seats.

For regular driving, the comfort seats are good. For sportier driving, I'm straightening the backrest some, although I guess I could just bring the steering wheel out a bit. If the sports seats were lower and had better comfort ( like GT3 seats for example), they would be a good idea. But they aren't.

It's ridiculously confusing requested a change to comfort.

Every other brand that offers sport vs comfort the sport always has a lower seating position so my guess is the comfort seat allows more adjustment than the sport creating a different angle net result more head room.

I received the response below from the factory.

There is no difference in terms of head room if ordering sports bucket seats instead of electric and heated seats

No modifications are possible to the seats structure, I am sorry.

Their statement is absolutely wrong. I don't know if they are being intentionally misleading, or if they just don't care enough to even sit in both seats back to back and compare. I did sit in both back to back, and there is no question that the comfort seats have more headroom.

As much as I absolutely love every other aspect of the SV, my total inability to get the factory to do anything about my problem, or even to admit it is a problem, is making me consider selling the car.

Smartest play is to order with comfort seats so it's wired, then buy sport seats and install if you're really a desperado to have a 'pure SV'.

I agree. If I had known when I ordered that the comforts had more headroom, I would have ordered the car with them and then also ordered the Sport seats. instead, my SV is not wired for comfort seats, so I am stuck now.

Their statement is absolutely wrong. I don't know if they are being intentionally misleading, or if they just don't care enough to even sit in both seats back to back and compare. I did sit in both back to back, and there is no question that the comfort seats have more headroom.

As much as I absolutely love every other aspect of the SV, my total inability to get the factory to do anything about my problem, or even to admit it is a problem, is making me consider selling the car.

That's why I posted.

Just asking - is it possible they do sit at the same height and it's only the angle / tilt of the comfort seat vs the straight up position non adjustable sport seat is what's actually allowing more head room. I understand how you feel in the Mclaren the electric seat ruined my driving / seating position but there was plenty of head room for a helmet.

At 6 2 215 I sat in the sport seat and the head room was tight but the Roadster should offer more head room than the coupe if I get stuck with sport seats will simply remove the tops for the helmet.

Feviper found another seat - might be worth looking into.

Unless you're their #1 customer, I'm sorry to say you'll be treated as a pleb just like the rest of us. :P

That's why I posted.

Just asking - is it possible they do sit at the same height and it's only the angle / tilt of the comfort seat vs the straight up position non adjustable sport seat is what's actually allowing more head room. I understand how you feel in the Mclaren the electric seat ruined my driving / seating position but there was plenty of head room for a helmet.

At 6 2 215 I sat in the sport seat and the head room was tight but the Roadster should offer more head room than the coupe if I get stuck with sport seats will simply remove the tops for the helmet.

Feviper found another seat - might be worth looking into.

It is certainly possible the straighter angle of the sport seats is reducing the available headroom - I just know I have less. Mostly, I feel misled, having had plenty of headroom in the SV they sent on tour on which I based my ordering decision.

I will follow up with Feviper - thanks for the suggestion.

Unless you're their #1 customer, I'm sorry to say you'll be treated as a pleb just like the rest of us. :P

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, I am not their #1 customer. Even their #1 customer had the same problem. He just had the dealer change the rails, fixing the problem. I don't want to make such factory disapproved changes to the car, in fear of what it would do to the warranty and to potential resale value.

Agreed and one slight reminder: when buying the sports seats, make sure they come with the resistor plugs to plug into the harnesses so as to fool the airbag circuit or else the airbag warning light will activate (assuming the comfort seats cars would have the said circuit & warning light).

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately, I am not their #1 customer. Even their #1 customer had the same problem. He just had the dealer change the rails, fixing the problem. I don't want to make such factory disapproved changes to the car, in fear of what it would do to the warranty and to potential resale value.

Dude, changing seat rails voiding say a power train warranty?

You're stressing for no reason.

You mates with Fortis?

He has cold chills about seats too.

You mates with Fortis?

Obviously, I am not worried about the powertrain warranty. Am a bit worried that, if something happens to the seat/carbon fibre tub after making changes to the seat rails, any repair cost will be on me even if it has nothing to do with the seat rail changes. This is a minor issue.

More worried that making any nonfactory approved changes to the car that cannot be put back to original state will affect resale value of the car.

Doesn't make sense to me that they would not have the wiring regardless. The factory said my radio-delete Superleggera had no radio wiring harness. But of course it did.

It would probably cost more to make two different harnesses for these cars (with regard to seat power), especially when so few Aventadors will have fully manual seats.

I'd bet it is tucked under the carpet.

You mates with Fortis?

I don't care about the seats, I worry about the transmission, why are you so concerned about the seats? Did you finally decide to open the purse strings?

I don't care about the seats, I worry about the transmission, why are you so concerned about the seats? Did you finally decide to open the purse strings?

no chance, I don't have 12 tvs.

my pockets are empty.

no chance, I don't have 12 tvs.

my pockets are empty.

Always crying poor, be careful what you wish for one day your dream might come true :lol2:

Always crying poor, be careful what you wish for one day your dream might come true :lol2:

I'm the son of a truck driver.

started with little, no issue returning to that.

I'm the son of a truck driver.

started with little, no issue returning to that.

That's where we differ, exactly 20 years ago on the 26th March 2016, no English and less than $100 in my pocket, I never want to go back there and never will :icon_thumleft: