SV Sport Seats

RoadKing

I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't want after market seats in such a rare car.

I agree, I don't want third party seats in my SV. However, I have much less headroom (at least 1 1/2 to 2 inches less) with the seats that came in my SV than I had in the seats in the factory car I sat in prior to ordering. So much less that my head is always hitting the headliner, which is constantly uncomfortable. I have much less headroom than I had in my LP 700. I could not possibly wear a helmet so could not bring it to the track which I had intended to do. I have tried for more than a month now (since I took delivery) to get Lamborghini to help figure out a solution. I have gotten no where. It seems I have two choices - either go with third party seats that gives me sufficient headroom, or sell the car. Don't like either option, and am struggling with making that decision.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, I don't want third party seats in my SV. However, I have much less headroom (at least 1 1/2 to 2 inches less) with the seats that came in my SV than I had in the seats in the factory car I sat in prior to ordering. So much less that my head is always hitting the headliner, which is constantly uncomfortable. I have much less headroom than I had in my LP 700. I could not possibly wear a helmet so could not bring it to the track which I had intended to do. I have tried for more than a month now (since I took delivery) to get Lamborghini to help figure out a solution. I have gotten no where. It seems I have two choices - either go with third party seats that gives me sufficient headroom, or sell the car. Don't like either option, and am struggling with making that decision.

Do you have sport or comfort?

Do you have sport or comfort?

I have the sport seats. While they are pretty hard, I am ok with that. It is the headroom, and to a lesser degree the legroom, that is my problem. I am 6' 5", and while the comfort seats in my LP 700 were fine, the sport seats in my SV don't work for me.

Big factor I went with sport / roadster to gain headroom and if my head hit especially after being in the factory car would be livid.

PM Cohen - recall he is your height dealer should remove the seat take pictures / measurements and get you on the track.

Makes no sense that they don't get this straightened out.

I have the sport seats. While they are pretty hard, I am ok with that. It is the headroom, and to a lesser degree the legroom, that is my problem. I am 6' 5", and while the comfort seats in my LP 700 were fine, the sport seats in my SV don't work for me.

Did the dealer try the tilt idea yet?

Big factor I went with sport / roadster to gain headroom and if my head hit especially after being in the factory car would be livid.

PM Cohen - recall he is your height dealer should remove the seat take pictures / measurements and get you on the track.

Makes no sense that they don't get this straightened out.

I am going in on Tuesday to talk with the dealer and regional factory rep. Hope to make some progress.

Did the dealer try the tilt idea yet?

Not yet. Will mention that to the dealer on Tuesday when I am there and see what they say.

Incidentally, which has more headroom - Coupe or Roadster? Also, does the header rail on the Roadster block more view than the standard coupe roofline?

Incidentally, which has more headroom - Coupe or Roadster? Also, does the header rail on the Roadster block more view than the standard coupe roofline?

those are great questions, i hope we get equally great answers(not guesses)

I'm with you. Make up your mind but buying a car and changing out the seats for aftermarket ones is crazy.

Why in the world would it matter?? Swap seats in a matter of hours and keep the seats if you ever wanted to sell. On the contrary, for a car like this it seems like the smartest thing as you would have virtually pristine stock seats.

Many have said "it's like women and their expensive shoes, they hurt while they wear them but they're worth it because they look good and sexy!"

Thats about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Must take a pretty shallow woman to put up with wearing uncomfortable shoes to look "sexy"

Thats about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Must take a pretty shallow woman to put up with wearing uncomfortable shoes to look "sexy"

Really? Are you more comfortable in a suit or a t-shirt and sweats? There is only one correct answer here haha. And of course a suit looks better. That being said, you shouldn't spend exotic car money and have to suffer every minute in the car.

Have you ever been around a woman? Lol..they all wear shoes that hurt their feet. Some call it "shoeicide"

Please send me the address of the rock you've been under the last 100 years, I have some materials to send to you.

I've never dated a girl who didn't constantly complain about at least one pair of shoes. All about the look. Nothing ridiculous about it my friend.

Comfort seats - soft padded heated heavier.

Ever hear a man say "wow that woman looks soft padded heated and heavy".

Sport seats - trim fit light and tight.

Ever hear a man say "wow she looks trim fit light and tight".

Anyway when your wife walks out the door on Saturday Night - tell her she looks really comfortable and let us know how it worked out #donniew2blackeyes

Really? Are you more comfortable in a suit or a t-shirt and sweats? There is only one correct answer here haha. And of course a suit looks better. That being said, you shouldn't spend exotic car money and have to suffer every minute in the car.

:iamwithstupid:

I'm waiting for an SV owner to chime in and say the sports searts are really good and make the car...

I'm waiting for an SV owner to chime in and say the sports searts are really good and make the car...

This has been beaten to death - question is if the sport seats can be modified to be adjusted / modified.

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder but if it helps mine will have sport because that's the DNA I choose.

This has been beaten to death - question is if the sport seats can be modified to be adjusted / modified.

Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder but if it helps mine will have sport because that's the DNA I choose.

and mine will have comfort lmfao ;)

I learned my lesson in the mac. they look sick but after 100 miles you are toast..

and mine will have comfort lmfao ;)

I learned my lesson in the mac. they look sick but after 100 miles you are toast..

And that's why there are blondes and brunettes - my electric seat in the mac placed my vision on the threads of the visor 128 to be exact.

100 mile spirited runs are almost non existent for me - fully understand why you endurance Sir Mix- A-Lot guys prefer "baby got back" comfort seats :)

I drove both types round Catalunya for a full day.......the sports were uncomfortable after even 3 or 4 laps for most (I had real bruises the next day from the sports seats) . The ratio of sports to electric on the day was something like 75% in favour of the electric seats...by the afternoon no one wanted to drive the sports seats equipped cars except the really short and skinny people ( of which there were very few) ! At no time - including some hot laps keeping up with the GT3 drivers - did I find the electric seats lacking in support compared to the "sports" seats - actually quite the contrary - because I could get my exact driving position I was much more stable and comfortable in the car and genuinely they have as much lateral support as the "sports" seats - so if you are buying the "sports" seats you are buying them on looks and weight saving alone. So I hear what people are saying about using them for short runs...but wow...unless I was literally just driving round the block I would always be wanting the electric adjustable seat......and this is from someone (me) who ran a 964RSL as a daily driver for two years...

I drove both types round Catalunya for a full day.......the sports were uncomfortable after even 3 or 4 laps for most (I had real bruises the next day from the sports seats) . The ratio of sports to electric on the day was something like 75% in favour of the electric seats...by the afternoon no one wanted to drive the sports seats equipped cars except the really short and skinny people ( of which there were very few) ! At no time - including some hot laps keeping up with the GT3 drivers - did I find the electric seats lacking in support compared to the "sports" seats - actually quite the contrary - because I could get my exact driving position I was much more stable and comfortable in the car and genuinely they have as much lateral support as the "sports" seats - so if you are buying the "sports" seats you are buying them on looks and weight saving alone. So I hear what people are saying about using them for short runs...but wow...unless I was literally just driving round the block I would always be wanting the electric adjustable seat......and this is from someone (me) who ran a 964RSL as a daily driver for two years...

that helps a lot, thanks for the insight

Looks like the SV with sports seats will be rare and in the future more desirable, similar with manual transmission cars, nobody wants them from new but 10 years later everyone wants a manual transmission car, human nature, irrespective of how much of a PITA something is you always want what you can't have LOL.

Looks like the SV with sports seats will be rare and in the future more desirable, similar with manual transmission cars, nobody wants them from new but 10 years later everyone wants a manual transmission car, human nature, irrespective of how much of a PITA something is you always want what you can't have LOL.

I think you are on the right track - the sport seats will be the option to have.

The idea of ordering sport and changing them to an aftermarket makes perfect sense if one can't live with the sport seats.

The Roadster allows a nice view of the seats in the coupe it's pretty hard to see the seat.