Just bought 83 Countach

4xchamp

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got so excited for you I had to celebrate !

Very nice

Well, the real question is why not? one appreciates, the other depreciates...

Who cares about depreciation. True enthusiasts buy cars because we appreciate them for what they are, not the money. :)

Not many people are deciding between a Huracan and a Countach for sure. Lol

u made the right decision! Love it!

Thank You.

Just dumb luck. It's good to be known trusted.

I don't blame him previous owner for not wanting to market it , I wholesale most of the expensive cars I get for that same reason. Dreamers waste my time and tie up resources.

Guess how many cars I sold on Ebay? Guess what percentage actually got funded?

Who cares about depreciation. True enthusiasts buy cars because we appreciate them for what they are, not the money. :)

I'm a car and boat junkie. The money is irrelevant although I try to make wise decisions the little head has won once or twice.

Welcome to the club!

Good to be back thanks. Been Lamboless for about a year, feeling much better now!

the colour looks fantastic, congratulations

The color is different for sure and looks very nice, especially in the sunlight.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the kind of bumper that started life as the dual shoe-box style. People were having the boxes shaved off and bodied over (along with the license plate dip).

post-25074-1448243120.jpg

I see your point. makes sense

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm going to enjoy this lady a while.

I'm a car and boat junkie. The money is irrelevant although I try to make wise decisions the little head has won once or twice.

Awesome! I hope we get to see more pics soon! :D

Excellent! Lambo Boston brought down a few Huracans to our show in West Hartford. I can say I drive a Countach and drove 2 Huracan. The 2 cars do not compare in any way. Both are good but VERY different. I have pretty much little interest in new Lambos (or new cars), not into its technology or modern day technology as a whole.

So, with that said and being extremely different cars.......what pull you toward the Countach instead of the Huracan? If it was tough decision, what made it tough?

BTW, being in New England, have we met?

Excellent! Lambo Boston brought down a few Huracans to our show in West Hartford. I can say I drive a Countach and drove 2 Huracan. The 2 cars do not compare in any way. Both are good but VERY different. I have pretty much little interest in new Lambos (or new cars), not into its technology or modern day technology as a whole.

So, with that said and being extremely different cars.......what pull you toward the Countach instead of the Huracan? If it was tough decision, what made it tough?

BTW, being in New England, have we met?

In the 80's I had two Countachs. Both 1985 carbed one was black / black I bought, the other was white / white I acquired from a college friend from S Windsor , CT( small world eh Pete?) The white white I hated because it spoke Miami Vice 80's but the black one was the Devil's ride which suited me fine. They were both headaches to own. My Black one lost two oil lines before it hit 1000 KM. During one oil line incident it caught fire on the right exhaust, fortunately thanks to quick action and preparedness disaster was averted.

I've owned many exotics over the years (F's, galards, Murcs, you name it) I sold my '12 Gallardo last November and was waiting for the Huracan market to relax a little. For sure I could get a good deal on a 1000 mile car if I stayed patient. Then I get the call on this one, I negotiate the deal and Bingo! We both win! So Counts were not in my sights, she kind of came to me.

Not to rile any Count owners but please admit driving one feels like they mated an old Kenworth and a 60's F1 car or something like that, and this car feels no different from the others I owned when new.

Pete I'm from East Greenwich, RI and have friends in your area. I did hang out at Les Jardin' in Hartford (80's) and later on Mezzanotte and Velvet. So now you know who my friends are. Perhaps our paths will cross.

BTW I'm not a car collector,or do car shows, got no time for that. One of the first things I did with this Countach was holeshots and doughnuts in my parking lot with GoPros to document the experience. I had 35mm of my black one doing same thing that got lost moving around over the years so to revisit this experience was priceless! Let the next guy baby it.

In the 80's I had two Countachs. Both 1985 carbed one was black / black I bought, the other was white / white I acquired from a college friend from S Windsor , CT( small world eh Pete?) The white white I hated because it spoke Miami Vice 80's but the black one was the Devil's ride which suited me fine. They were both headaches to own. My Black one lost two oil lines before it hit 1000 KM. During one oil line incident it caught fire on the right exhaust, fortunately thanks to quick action and preparedness disaster was averted.

I've owned many exotics over the years (F's, galards, Murcs, you name it) I sold my '12 Gallardo last November and was waiting for the Huracan market to relax a little. For sure I could get a good deal on a 1000 mile car if I stayed patient. Then I get the call on this one, I negotiate the deal and Bingo! We both win! So Counts were not in my sights, she kind of came to me.

Not to rile any Count owners but please admit driving one feels like they mated an old Kenworth and a 60's F1 car or something like that, and this car feels no different from the others I owned when new.

Pete I'm from East Greenwich, RI and have friends in your area. I did hang out at Les Jardin' in Hartford (80's) and later on Mezzanotte and Velvet. So now you know who my friends are. Perhaps our paths will cross.

BTW I'm not a car collector,or do car shows, got no time for that. One of the first things I did with this Countach was holeshots and doughnuts in my parking lot with GoPros to document the experience. I had 35mm of my black one doing same thing that got lost moving around over the years so to revisit this experience was priceless! Let the next guy baby it.

I like this guy!

Link to vids?!

I like this guy!

Link to vids?!

This is what I do! A small taste still. Did a Stealth Black wrap for the shoot.

I'm going to release vids and stills when a suitable sponsor steps up.

post-20654-1448547057.jpg

Who has a Euro front bumper?

By this is what I do I mean drive fast cars and boats to the limit, I'm not a photographer, videographer and can barely use a computer.

Who has a Euro front bumper?

Check the for sale section, man! I'm pretty sure there's one for sale right now on the forum. :icon_thumleft:

MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"driving one feels like they mated an old Kenworth and a 60's F1 car "

Pretty much sums it up. No argument here.

"driving one feels like they mated an old Kenworth and a 60's F1 car "

Pretty much sums it up. No argument here.

Drove it home again today, total badass and runs well.

The new Lambos don't compare. Yes they are much better but they are also very civilized.

No disrespect, but it takes a bad boy to drive a Countach. It's a real Rodeo Bull.

So excited about this car it makes me silly. I don't think a fabulous Huracan would have had the same effect.

I may have located a Euro front bumper and discovered the original tail lights are hiding underneath the ugly rear bumper, but four holes need to be plugged and paint the rear center panel.

Over the winter I'm going through the car, belts, hoses, tires etc. The big thing is fix A/C and the headlamps just keep opening and closing when activated. There must be an upper limit switch failed or something.

MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sorry.

Mega stills and video ready if the right opportunity arises.

Over the winter I'm going through the car, belts, hoses, tires etc. The big thing is fix A/C and the headlamps just keep opening and closing when activated. There must be an upper limit switch failed or something.

The cycling of your headlights is caused from either the relays (which are on a pigtail right next to the headlight motors)

or the diodes which are located on the headlight motor down by the gear mechanism.

Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy it in good health. Sincerely Vic