Best color(s) on the murcielago lp640

Chasing Tail

I know color is highly subjective but as with most aesthetics there always seems to be a general consensus and preference.

I started out wanting my lp640 in Orange (the classic lambo tricoat Orange flame - the Italian name escapes me) but having looked at thousands of lp640 pictures online I'm starting to wonder if this white on black with black rims may be the best looking color combo of them all. I like the pure paper white, not the balloon white. The details of the lines and intakes seem to be accentuated with the white/black combo. I just love it. Thoughts?

image.jpg

The car looks great in pretty much ever color. My favorite has always been Atlas with titanium hercules wheels. That was the color of my first one. My second was Rosso Vik which was more of a right car/right time opportunity but I really grew to love it. Painted the wheels gold which gave it a real throwback feel and I really liked it. My current one is Verde Ithaca. I get the most compliments on it and I really like it as well. The white is clean. You can't go wrong.

IMG_1884-1024x682.jpg

IMG_1885-1024x682.jpg

This is a render of my favorite spec LP640.. (original is yellow seats and brakes)

VI with black on a roadster is SMOKIN'

2nqbl6v.jpg

no idea why nobody has done it yet...clearly waiting for me to do it one day. :)

people might think Black isn't suitable for a Lambo because it isn't loud enough..But I dislike attention and I think Black makes Lambos look really sleek..

This is a render of my favorite spec LP640.. (original is yellow seats and brakes)

VI with black on a roadster is SMOKIN'

2nqbl6v.jpg

no idea why nobody has done it yet...clearly waiting for me to do it one day. :)

people might think Black isn't suitable for a Lambo because it isn't loud enough..But I dislike attention and I think Black makes Lambos look really sleek..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You just have to be super anal about cleaning with black.

image.jpeg

post-12288-1449940043_thumb.jpg

post-12288-1449940083.jpeg

You just have to be super anal about cleaning with black.

yeah only thing is yours have an extra roof and no VI seats. :icon_mrgreen:

yours is def up there on the list of my fav LP member car though! Love the combi.. And I have always owned black cars..so keeping it clean is something i am used to.

Grigio Telesto is also a very nice color for the LP640..

lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-roadster-c527522052014215301_2.jpg

and gold

5671106132_985a7df883_o.jpg

I think it would be easier to say which is the 'worst' colour on a Murcielago.

as almost every colour looks awesome.

Wow, this thread just proves that the lp640 really does look amazing no matter what color you finish it in. (Maybe with the exception of rosso.. I don't know why - maybe because it was always a ferrari color and it just doesn't seem right on a lambo?)

I think black is always classy, but as with most black cars I find that some of the subtle design elements and accents get lost, and sometimes the shapes can become somewhat hard to see. That's not to say it isn't still incredible. I saw a Matte black aventador and fell in love. It doesn't seem like the lp640 does quite as well in matte black but maybe I just need to see one in person.

MrEd, you did? That's awesome. I love your choices in colors for your cars. Arancia atlas and verde Ithaca have always been at the top of my list until I saw the pictures of that white/black lp640. Would you say you got more compliments on the verde than the arancia, or just more comments? I could see it garnering more comments as it is even more of a bold statement but perhaps not everyone's first choice?

Regarding the car you may have sold, was it factory spec'd or did it have any 3rd party finishes? What are my chances of finding something similar you think? Finding a decent lp640 with somewhat low miles is hard enough as it is, and adding a color requirement complicates matters. Would a professional grade paint job devalue the car significantly?

Let me just add that I'm really enjoying this forum and the people on it. It seems like a true enthusiast's community with lots of knowledgable owners. The search for a car like this is half the excitement, and it's fun to be able to share that with other aficionados.

For me the Verde Ithaca has always been #1 on my bucket list, but it took so stinkin long to find a nice one. During the years of searching I almost caved in to a balloon white with white/black interior they had on display at Eurocar. A bit similar to the one you show in your first post. I had no interest in white whatsoever, but they said come take a look anyway..ha ha, sales people. When I saw that white car in person, it literally floored me it was so spectacular in person. That color looked very "rich" and formal, like a big time CEO would pull up and pop out of it. It was such a close buy for me, where I almost signed papers, but then at the last minute I said I have to wait for green. To me the green is just so radical and "bam!" I guess that's a funny way of talking about colors, but that's how those two colors strike me.

Yellow, orange, green, blue...All look great. But my personal favorite is still the VI. So much so that the replacement (LP700) is VI again.

IMG_2231401320134.jpeg

Screenshot_2015_07_01_22_59_56.png

Omg, that's a BEAUTIFUL specimen, plastique. I absolutely love the color combo white on red. Reminds me of those rare white peaches with the juicy red center.

Jandaman, eurocar in woodland hills? If so I must have missed that one. They do have a nice aventador that's been wrapped in matte black right now. It's all great until you get to the price.. Lol. So did you finally end up finding your verde Ithaca or are you still looking? I think this color actually commands a higher premium due to the rarity. The ones I have seen for sale have been more expensive in general.

Eyedoc, I'm drooling. Gorgeous through and through. I hope you enjoy your lp700, its edgy lines will for sure Stand out in verde ithaca. Did you sell your lp640 already?

Jandaman, eurocar in woodland hills? If so I must have missed that one. They do have a nice aventador that's been wrapped in matte black right now. It's all great until you get to the price.. Lol. So did you finally end up finding your verde Ithaca or are you still looking? I think this color actually commands a higher premium due to the rarity. The ones I have seen for sale have been more expensive in general.

The white/black I saw was at Eurocar in OC. Yes, got the VI a few months ago, in my photo link below. That gold color and the red/white are real nice too.

Eyedoc, I'm drooling. Gorgeous through and through. I hope you enjoy your lp700, its edgy lines will for sure Stand out in verde ithaca. Did you sell your lp640 already?

yes, unbelievably, the LP640 was sold by my dealer within 3 weeks!! It was listed for $299K I believe. I loved that car; wish I had the garage space to keep it. I haven't driven the LP700 more than 3 times since I bought it about 3 months ago. We're heading into the heart of our winter in Utah, so we'll see how much I like the replacement.

When you get a chance to enjoy it a little more after winter please share your thoughts and opinions on it. I'm moving through the lambo line myself. I started with a gallardo and now I'm looking for an lp640. Hoping that once I find my special one I can enjoy it for a few years and then make the upgrade to an lp700.

When you get a chance to enjoy it a little more after winter please share your thoughts and opinions on it. I'm moving through the lambo line myself. I started with a gallardo and now I'm looking for an lp640. Hoping that once I find my special one I can enjoy it for a few years and then make the upgrade to an lp700.

My husband bought a Superleggera the same time I bought my Aventador roadster. He loves that car. I think you'll be very happy with a LP640. There is nothing like a big fat V12 with scissor doors! My advice when you find that special car and pull the trigger is to pay up for a nice (mechanically and heavily optioned) one. I never ever had any problems with my Murci and the car was an absolute joy...you read about reliability issues with the Murci's but I really think it's because folks are buying ones with stories. Good luck on the hunt (that's the funnest part of the buying process--finding that perfect car that speaks to your heart and sets your pulse on fire) and look forward to seeing your future car!