2015+ Escalades

ibglobal

Looking at replacing the grocery getter from the current jeep overland to something bigger.

Im looking at the 15-16 Escalades and wanted some input on them- Im really liking the new look and feel just trying to justify the current price point on a luxury model or platinum. Anyone here own one and have any issues? Seems like there is alot of complaints about vibration on certain wheels ect. Not sure if its common.

It's essentially a 6 figure chevy pickup, and in the race to have worse depreciation than an AMG, this is a strong contender.

I realize we all take a bath on cars and obviously this place isn't overly concerned about it, but for something like a kid hauler/daily driver, it just feels like you're getting fucked.

Why not a year old Range in the same price point, or are those still commanding big money?

I am really not a fan of the newer ones. Have had a 13 and 14 premium and it was a good truck. But it is a truck.

I dislike the new ones are 2wd-4wd. Not full time all wheel drive. Even if you select auto. Still has a delay and kicks in.

I have a 15 Gmc Denali 2500 Pickup. And the seats really messed me up. Same seats in the escalade. I had to have my upholstery guy put some padding in it. And I'm no cripple. 36 years old , in shape , 200 lbs etc. but could not walk after a hour drive.

The Cue system was having issues. Not sure about if now it's worked out or not.

Get one a year old to lessen the ass kicking on price. I can't stomach a 90k caddie.

I bought both of mine at the end of the model year and got roughly 15k off the 81k msrp

Good luck!

Mike

I like the 2wd to 4wd option. No point in keeping it in 4wd all the time when you only need it a couple months out of the year.

This is more of a kid transporter and for the old lady... I have a 14 Silverado loaded and lift/tires and I love it. Given i'm almost 30 but I can drive all day and be comfortable. You need to get your back checked :)

I was looking at getting a new 15 and its still fetching 80s. I also found a couple used 15 with little miles for mid 70's. I wish they would have the 15k off on last years model- i would be all over it. I feel like the price is not dropping much, after all there doesn't seem to be much of a demand with many for sale. Maybe i'm missing something. I consider the Yukon Denali but they are almost the same price as the Esacalade- I would take the escalade any day over it.

Just make sure you drive the actual one you want to buy because as you said it is hit or miss for the vibration issue and 2016 has not solved this. There are a few dealers in the detroit area market that you can get close to 10k off sticker and I have seen a few 2015 platinums for sale with a few miles in the high 70's. If white is your color the 2016 is more of a bright white that looks better than the off white of the 2015. I went to pick mine up and it had the shake and I passed hoping the 16 would be better but it is still an issue on some. As someone else mentioned the rover is a better truck but no 3rd row and the pricing of a new autobiography is insane these days.

I just bought a '16 Luxury AWD short wheelbase last month. Got 650 miles on it so far.

Here's my take on it. We had the previous Escalade and appreciated the space. We had sold it because the previous model got broken into twice, with the second time having the Nav system ripped out and the wheels taken (car was sitting on crates when we saw it). It was a magnet for theft of the 3rd row seats as well.

By comparison, the new Escalade is night and day difference in everyway. On the plus side the interior quality is superb. Design is nice and updated and everything you touch feels great. I haven't done a long road trip yet, but the seats fee plenty comfortable. Since we have the '16 we have the newer CUE system that also has Apple Car Play. Both of them work just fine. No complaints.

The downside as far as I can tell at this point are, the ride quality and rear cargo. The ride is smooth for the most part until you hit a bump, or roll over one is a shopping center or the like. It does bounce the car around but for me it's a minor set back. For where I live, the roads are pretty smooth. I do find it funny that they actually have race suspension setup. I can't see myself ever using it. The last complaint I have is the cargo space. While it's nice that the 3rd row now fold flat, it raises the floor height, but also has it tilted. So your load floor is never truly flat. Not sure why Cadillac would allow it. But again, it hasn't proven to be a problem in our usage of the car.

Since we also have a '14 RRover, I will say this. I prefer the Escalade over the Range. The only thing IMO that the Range wins in, is in it's ride quality. But in terms of price to features, the Escalade wins in every department. And also once you get used to having all that space in the Escalade, the Range just feels like a sardine can in comparison.

Last tid bit if it helps. We got ours for $400 over invoice and a buddy got $1K under invoice for the '15. We went with a '16 due to a number of problems the '15s had. Go to the Cadillac forums and read up on the Escalades. There were some issues affecting the '15s. Not sure if you want to take the chance.

Good luck with your decision.

I just bought a '16 Luxury AWD short wheelbase last month. Got 650 miles on it so far.

Here's my take on it. We had the previous Escalade and appreciated the space. We had sold it because the previous model got broken into twice, with the second time having the Nav system ripped out and the wheels taken (car was sitting on crates when we saw it). It was a magnet for theft of the 3rd row seats as well.

By comparison, the new Escalade is night and day difference in everyway. On the plus side the interior quality is superb. Design is nice and updated and everything you touch feels great. I haven't done a long road trip yet, but the seats fee plenty comfortable. Since we have the '16 we have the newer CUE system that also has Apple Car Play. Both of them work just fine. No complaints.

The downside as far as I can tell at this point are, the ride quality and rear cargo. The ride is smooth for the most part until you hit a bump, or roll over one is a shopping center or the like. It does bounce the car around but for me it's a minor set back. For where I live, the roads are pretty smooth. I do find it funny that they actually have race suspension setup. I can't see myself ever using it. The last complaint I have is the cargo space. While it's nice that the 3rd row now fold flat, it raises the floor height, but also has it tilted. So your load floor is never truly flat. Not sure why Cadillac would allow it. But again, it hasn't proven to be a problem in our usage of the car.

Since we also have a '14 RRover, I will say this. I prefer the Escalade over the Range. The only thing IMO that the Range wins in, is in it's ride quality. But in terms of price to features, the Escalade wins in every department. And also once you get used to having all that space in the Escalade, the Range just feels like a sardine can in comparison.

Last tid bit if it helps. We got ours for $400 over invoice and a buddy got $1K under invoice for the '15. We went with a '16 due to a number of problems the '15s had. Go to the Cadillac forums and read up on the Escalades. There were some issues affecting the '15s. Not sure if you want to take the chance.

Good luck with your decision.

Neither option is any good.

I have a 2015i Platinum which serves as my “dog wagon” and general purpose vehicle. The cargo area easily accommodates 700 series international canine shipping crates which, for me, is critical when picking up dogs shipped from Germany. Some dogs arrive in a foul humor that prevents transferring crates.

So far the vehicle has been perfect as no problems have presented and the vehicle is vibration free. Fit, finish and build quality seem better than the BMW X5 M. The semi aniline leather is exceptional and puts the leather in the X5 M to shame. Leather in the X5 M has the suppleness of cardboard. The electronic driving and safety aids are useful and function as described. Especially appreciated are the hands free opening of the “tailgate”and the nanny that precludes backing into an object (I tested it and it works). Adaptive cruise works flawlessly. Unlike the Cayenne Turbo S I owned and the X5 M the rear AC actually works.

Another plus is the Escalade is a truck and fully capable of towing and hauling duties. It has proved to be the ideal utility vehicle for my needs.

I have a 2015i Platinum which serves as my “dog wagon” and general purpose vehicle. The cargo area easily accommodates 700 series international canine shipping crates which, for me, is critical when picking up dogs shipped from Germany. Some dogs arrive in a foul humor that prevents transferring crates.

So far the vehicle has been perfect as no problems have presented and the vehicle is vibration free. Fit, finish and build quality seem better than the BMW X5 M. The semi aniline leather is exceptional and puts the leather in the X5 M to shame. Leather in the X5 M has the suppleness of cardboard. The electronic driving and safety aids are useful and function as described. Especially appreciated are the hands free opening of the “tailgate”and the nanny that precludes backing into an object (I tested it and it works). Adaptive cruise works flawlessly. Unlike the Cayenne Turbo S I owned and the X5 M the rear AC actually works.

Another plus is the Escalade is a truck and fully capable of towing and hauling duties. It has proved to be the ideal utility vehicle for my needs.

Werd.

Ive had 2 new body Escalades. Both gave me no problems at all. Primary use for the Caddy truck was for work, which would push this truck farther then most people would. It has been loaded up with a ton of gear and equipment....A 5 man team with full load out...On and off road assignments..Long distant constant drives with out really any rest for the rig (both in very hot and very cold climates)...and a whole lot more done it to.

1st one was silver on black interior, second was Black on Black. Most of our personal and work rigs are black on black..Black paint seems a bit soft compared to other but still held up very well. Interior held up very very well, more so being a Escalade. Was not expecting it to hold up well. Design and quality of the interior seemed really nice. Leaps and bounds better then a X6M (which the wife drove as one of the dailys).

Like others have mentioned the take a huge hit on value, almost the same as a AMG..hahaha. If possible lease a Escalade. Also get the Platinum ed.

Can someone give an idea of what invoice $. Its on the short list of vehicles that must be purchased by year end. QX80, z71 suburban or yukon xl, maybe a RR but it's at the very bottom of the list. RR sport is just to small and nowhere near as nice as our X5 v8.

Here is the one im looking at- It shows sticker and options. Given they cant get their money back on the power step and wheels they offered me the car for 80k.

There is another with stock wheels and no power step for 2-3k less. I wish they would offer more incentive to move last years cars.

http://www.brothertoncadillac.com/VehicleD...n-WA/2601161523

Thanks for the link. I'd need the long body. I just can't stomach buying a 2015 of anything, much less a GM product, w/o a massive discount at this point in the year.

Yeah, same here the wheels are nice and the whole look is on point. The only other thing they offered was a $600 costco gift card for it being a 2015.

That is not a deal, the luxury is the lowest priced one to begin with. You should be able to get a 2015 platinum for 85k new. On autotrader you can search trim levels which makes it much easier.

That is not a deal, the luxury is the lowest priced one to begin with. You should be able to get a 2015 platinum for 85k new. On autotrader you can search trim levels which makes it much easier.

It's a luxury with wheels and power steps- they are offering it for 80k out the door. Its also new.

I would like to get something wrapped up before new years.