Making a Murderer

abolfaz

Extremely compelling story. I remember when Avery was about to cash in a multi million dollar settlement with the county that fucked him after being exonerated of a rape, only to be accused then convicted of a gruesome rape/murder. I chalked it up to him being a mugwump scumbag.

This documentary sheds a whole new light on his second conviction. Watch at your own peril thought as it's impossible to watch just one episode.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely compelling story. I remember when Avery was about to cash in a multi million dollar settlement with the county that fucked him after being exonerated of a rape, only to be accused then convicted of a gruesome rape/murder. I chalked it up to him being a mugwump scumbag.

This documentary sheds a whole new light on his second conviction. Watch at your own peril thought as it's impossible to watch just one episode.

Damn it, you got me.

Overwhelmed my whole weekend too! Watched it all. Incredible convictions. It has left me speechless....

And his nephews conviction is almost even more bizarre and worrying for the so called justice-system!

Overwhelmed my whole weekend too! Watched it all. Incredible convictions. It has left me speechless....

And his nephews conviction is almost even more bizarre and worrying for the so called justice-system!

What makes this all the more gut wrenching is that after ten or so hours of being sold the narrative of the second frame up and subsequent conviction is that it's entirely possible that he committed the rape and murder. That in on of itself leaves my stomach in knots after having bought into the whole story.

I just can't believe that, according to the defense team, there isn't a reliable way to test the blood in the car for edta .

What makes this all the more gut wrenching is that after ten or so hours of being sold the narrative of the second frame up and subsequent conviction is that it's entirely possible that he committed the rape and murder. That in on of itself leaves my stomach in knots after having bought into the whole story.

I just can't believe that, according to the defense team, there isn't a reliable way to test the blood in the car for edta .

My wife and I got totally sucked in last night watched whole fcuking thing. The tampered blood sample and the cop calling in the license plate and identifying the car days before, brutal.

My wife loves this kind of sh!t, and I just bought apple tv and have Netflix. Need to finish Game of Thrones and NARCOS first before getting sucked in to something else

Did you actually watch and listen to all the evidence? Regarding the EDTA point, it was the FBI which had stopped with any tests because they had deemed it unreliable. Hence, according to the FBI, not according to the defence team.

Additionally, the reasoning of the prosecution on that EDTA is completely flawed, as the lady scientist testified afterwards.

Put simply: Testing for something, and finding it = 'it' exists 100%.

Testing for something, and not finding it, does NOT mean with 100% certainty that is does not exist. It just means that out of the three samples (of a total of 6, so only 50% were tested) they could not find traces of EDTA. Either the test had flaws (which FBI had deemed previously and hence stopped using such tests), or traces of EDTA had diminished to such extent it was deemed not existent.

It was well presented in the episodes, that at one point one does start wondering whether he was actually guilty ,near the start of the trail, but anyone actually listening to all the evidence can not convict him as guilty! Shocking. The jury had gone in with a 7 not guilty, 3 guilty, and 2 undecided. Then one guy bailed out, and they ended up with unanimous 12 guilty counts!

Then throw in the trail of the nephew with his sub-70 IQ and subsequent three counts of guilty ... still makes me sick, that 'justice system'.

My wife and I got totally sucked in last night watched whole fcuking thing. The tampered blood sample and the cop calling in the license plate and identifying the car days before, brutal.

Exactly. So much of the evidence was shocking, how he was not running free is very confusing!

Makes you wonder if this documentary will galvanize public opinion to reopen these investigations. I hope it does. How they could not retry the nephew after the court found his first lawyer grossly negligent but allowed the testimony he and his investigator produced not to be struck from the record is beyond me. Right there is a compelling reason to retry.

Personally I think either her ex boyfriend (the one that hacked her cell phone, but couldn't remember how he did it) or the roommate that did not bother to report her missing for several days are the murders. Neither were investigated. Cops realized she was missing and jumped on the opportunity to frame him in order to avoid paying out the $36m. Talk about a 50 foot neon sign saying CONFLICT OF INTEREST. A frigging cop (the same one that ignored a call from a detective years prior that he had evidence that Avery was innocent while he was stuck in prison for the first rape) called in her plate # and confirmed it was a 99 Toyota RAV4 several days before the truck was found. Why do that unless you're staring at the back of the truck?

Makes you wonder if this documentary will galvanize public opinion to reopen these investigations. I hope it does. How they could not retry the nephew after the court found his first lawyer grossly negligent but allowed the testimony he and his investigator produced not to be struck from the record is beyond me. Right there is a compelling reason to retry.

Personally I think either her ex boyfriend (the one that hacked her cell phone, but couldn't remember how he did it) or the roommate that did not bother to report her missing for several days are the murders. Neither were investigated. Cops realized she was missing and jumped on the opportunity to frame him in order to avoid paying out the $36m. Talk about a 50 foot neon sign saying CONFLICT OF INTEREST. A frigging cop (the same one that ignored a call from a detective years prior that he had evidence that Avery was innocent while he was stuck in prison for the first rape) called in her plate # and confirmed it was a 99 Toyota RAV4 several days before the truck was found. Why do that unless you're staring at the back of the truck?

How did the guy know it was a '99 year car? That's the only thing that didn't make sense there, you can't tell that by staring at a car in front of you...if I was doing the same the actual year of manufacture would not be something I'd say...

Looking for edta is a defense attorneys red herring.... yes,... Its used as a preservative in blood collection... Its also used in damned near everything from breakfast cereal to hand lotion... the modern world is awash with the stuff and its almost MORE surprising that they didnt find any, since we're all covered in the shit all the time.

Any of you guys heard of the David Camm case??? Happened here in southern Indiana...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Camm

I lost my whole weekend to it too!!

Rule #1: NEVER get arrested (and always lawyer up immediately if you do).

Rule #2: See Rule #1: DA's, cops and juries in this country are scaaaaaaary, scary things.

4am.

Welcome to the rabbit hole, I checked out around 3am last night....my better half stuck it out as the closer she is. I finished up 9 and 10 this morning

I watched most of the first episode. I could tell I was getting hooked. So I shut it off and went to bed, otherwise who knows how long I would have been up.