Centenário Roaster LP770-4

a007apl

:icon_mrgreen:

No roof like Veneno Roadster, this is what I've heard.

But I'm sure that's gonna be the best roadster ever in Lambo history.

God, I'd love for lambo to create a hypercar on the level of the most elite of the elite ultra-uber-hypercars. A true halo car. I know, I know, money, profitability, yada yada. I get it, and that's fine. But allow me to merely whine/dream a bit. :-)

It would be awesome if the new CEO/management decided to make something on the level of the LaF, 918, P1, One:1, Veyron, etc. I frankly wish VW would scrap Bugatti and put those hypercar resources and focus into Lamborghini. The fun thing was, as a kid in the 80's, Lamborghini was essentially THE pinnacle of high-performance cars. Fastest in the world (although top speed was the thing everyone chased back then -- not so much now, but the point is the same -- it was the pinnacle), most exotic, most dreamt of, top of the top of the heap, etc.

I'm just sayin' . . . it would be fun. :icon_mrgreen:

Rant over. :-)

God, I'd love for lambo to create a hypercar on the level of the most elite of the elite ultra-uber-hypercars. A true halo car. I know, I know, money, profitability, yada yada. I get it, and that's fine. But allow me to merely whine/dream a bit. :-)

It would be awesome if the new CEO/management decided to make something on the level of the LaF, 918, P1, One:1, Veyron, etc. I frankly wish VW would scrap Bugatti and put those hypercar resources and focus into Lamborghini. The fun thing was, as a kid in the 80's, Lamborghini was essentially THE pinnacle of high-performance cars. Fastest in the world (although top speed was the thing everyone chased back then -- not so much now, but the point is the same -- it was the pinnacle), most exotic, most dreamt of, top of the top of the heap, etc.

I'm just sayin' . . . it would be fun. :icon_mrgreen:

Rant over. :-)

+1

If they bring out another Reventon/Veneno piece of shit bodykit crap, I will abruptly lose my blind commitment to the brand. It has really started nagging me, and my patience is wearing very thin. As a kid, nothing came close to Lamborghini and the Diablo (my childhood dream car, especially the one and only SE30); even the EB110 was a second place, while Ferrari was always just the bridesmaid's best friend, at best. The dilution of the brand (albeit profitable with the endless Gallardo iterations, and the bodykit million dollar cars) under Winkelman is embarrassing. The Huracan LP580-2 has definitely taken my attention and I massively look forward to testdriving it (the LP610-4 never intrigued me enough to test drive it; as while I love the looks, I know I'd never buy it, due to the 4wd and its understeering nature), while the LP750-4 SV test by SportAuto, the German automotive bible, is VERY disappointing which is the opposite of the epic sub-7min time set at the Nordschleife. So all in all, I am a very confused lover of the Lamborghini brand. Hell, the new Audi R8 has the same power unit, and exact same power output as the Huracan, while 30hp more than the 2wd Huracan. How can the Lamborghini fan NOT be confused and actually feeling a bit cheated. I would love a modern classic, a Diablo SV or especially a SE30 which was my original poster car as a kid, but the prices are too stupid now, and the modern cars are frankly just modular creations, without any peculiar unique and epic characteristics. One could put almost any other brand badge of the VW brand on them, as well as change the body, and it would be 'perfect' for the new brand. This would never apply to anything Murcielago or older.

Lamborghini, I hope that this year, 2016 the 100th celebration of our founder's birth, will bring about a REAL Lamborghini. Please please do not let us down.

I can only see a banner from the OP. Is there a pic of the car?

I would take veneno over 918 and p1 any day. laF would be the only car I would consider over veneno.

Keep in mind veneno came 1-2 yrs before laF and 918.

The only things I don't like abt Lambo as a brand are:

1. Playing it too safe - Huracan is an example of that. It could be a much more aggressive design.

2. Terrible dealer network. Most lambo dealers are just crooks.

If you expect anything at the level of the big three you will be dissapointed, until these manufacturers return back to the roots we will be served numb speed machines competing in the horsepower war and chasing that fraction of a second, all irrelevant metrics in real world scenarios.

I will be disappointed if they don't at least release a roadster version that has a top that the car can carry with it. I also agree that Lamborghini won't invest the money into one of their cars, like Porsche did with the 918. It would be awesome if they did though, it would do wonders for the brand.

It's the 100th birthday of Lamborghini himself. They better go just insane. The egoista should look like a camary by comparison. Too bad we will probably get a Hucracan Ferruccio edition with a vertical stripe.

I don't understand these posts.

Being a Ferrari guy - Lamborghini blew the doors off Ferrari's F12 458 vs Huracan AV.

SV's rear engine steering shocks transmission the list goes on mechanically and it's looks are stunning.

Audi Porsche are going to force Lamborghini to find profit - they are bean counter run companies and those slightly modified models make money and if no one liked them as stated here they wouldn't continue to build them. The 918 every single bit of that tech will be passed down right down to the electric green calipers on a soccer Mom's Pan Am and Cayenne.

The Aventador engineers went back in time using race components while Ferrari and Porsche went for hybrid turbo tech - boring and far from exotic.

Since when are turbo's and batteries exotic - worst sounding with porky components.

LP770 Roadster - speaks volumes that they keep finding hp in that engine hoping it can be passed to the SV.

The fun thing was, as a kid in the 80's, Lamborghini was essentially THE pinnacle of high-performance cars.

I would say this held until 2001. 2001 Diablo 6.0 is still the GOAT car to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...