Rusty bracket on Aventador

AventadorLee

Hi guys! I've been driving my aventdor and just yesterday was washing my car when I realized that my bracket was a little rusty with the paint peeling. I've attached pics and was wondering if I needed the dealer to change the bracket or just leave it? Thanks guys and appreciate your comments!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

For some reason it posted so many pics of the same pic! Apologies! I'm attaching another pic.

Hi guys! I've been driving my aventdor and just yesterday was washing my car when I realized that my bracket was a little rusty with the paint peeling. I've attached pics and was wondering if I needed the dealer to change the bracket or just leave it? Thanks guys and appreciate your comments!

image.jpeg

Welcome to LP. I would ask them for a new Aventador :icon_mrgreen:

It doesn't look too bad it just seems like a bit of surface rust I wouldn't worry!

Welcome to LP. I would ask them for a new Aventador :icon_mrgreen:

It doesn't look too bad it just seems like a bit of surface rust I wouldn't worry!

:iamwithstupid:

Doesn't hurt to ask your service advisor about it but I wouldn't be too concerned.

Thanks Hannibal!

If you don't mind me asking where do you live? You could end up seeing surface rust on various bolts and fastners underneath your car over time. Especially if she gets wet and stays that way for awhile. Surface rust is not to be confused with rusting throughout the metal piece. Just oxidation of the surface material.

had my A for awhile now. Posting close up pics for you to look at!

Lee how about sharing photos of the whole car, we here always like to see Lambo photos, what color is it?

Take it to the dealer - they will sand it down apply a black nail polish type brush on it covering the surface rust with a similar factory coating.

Everyone here would do the same thing. :)

I would take them to look at it. All cars come with a rust proliferation warranty on them, to cover events like this. If you look closely at the picture, the whole bracket is rusted, it just hasn't peeled yet. You can see the bubbling under the paint. Did you buy the car new? I estimate you will have all the paint off the part in the next 6 months, then it will be a real pain in the ass. They probably just didn't coat that piece properly before painting it. Shame that you have a 400k car with rust inside the engine compartment.

Thanks Rouleur! Yes I will send it to the dealer. My take on this rust issue is like a beautiful lady: at times they have flaws we just need to correct them quickly. 😆

I would take them to look at it. All cars come with a rust proliferation warranty on them, to cover events like this. If you look closely at the picture, the whole bracket is rusted, it just hasn't peeled yet. You can see the bubbling under the paint. Did you buy the car new? I estimate you will have all the paint off the part in the next 6 months, then it will be a real pain in the ass. They probably just didn't coat that piece properly before painting it. Shame that you have a 400k car with rust inside the engine compartment.

Thanks for the reply Nuvolari! Will do so!

quote name='Nuvolari612' date='Jan 2 2016, 08:44 PM' post='1226885']

Take it to the dealer - they will sand it down apply a black nail polish type brush on it covering the surface rust with a similar factory coating.

:iamwithstupid:

Lee how about sharing photos of the whole car, we here always like to see Lambo photos, what color is it?

Yes, I'd like to see it too.

Where are you based?