No CEL, weird?

NSXtoMURCI

Pick up my LP640 from replacing the Primary cats with the Fabspeed test pipes...it sounds like a Demon (I'm freakin loving it even thou my ears still bleeding. What really puzzle me was there's no CEL? I "assume" the Tech used the o2 sensors adaptor I've included, but no they're all here in the trunk/hood. I looked at both pipes under the car and sure enough no spacers of any kind in between the o2 sensor hole and the o2 sensors it selves. will the CEL going to return at a later time? Does anyone experience anything like this? TIA

Pick up my LP640 from replacing the Primary cats with the Fabspeed test pipes...it sounds like a Demon (I'm freakin loving it even thou my ears still bleeding. What really puzzle me was there's no CEL? I "assume" the Tech used the o2 sensors adaptor I've included, but no they're all here in the trunk/hood. I looked at both pipes under the car and sure enough no spacers of any kind in between the o2 sensor hole and the o2 sensors it selves. will the CEL going to return at a later time? Does anyone experience anything like this? TIA

Give it 100-500 miles...

Thats good news. Thankx guys for your feed back, I really appreciated. It's awesome that we could save a few ounces of weight off the spacers :icon_mrgreen:

I'm getting an itch to get the demon tune but have no clue if its going to benefit the straight pipes set up or not? If anyone has done so with good result please advice. Thank you.

Its very possible he left the sensors exposed outside and connected. This is what we did for my viper when I put straight pipes. It never threw codes. They were screwed to/near the frame.

That's good to hear.

I used spacers on my '03 and didn't have a CEL.

Some people look at me like I am crazy (well fellow Murci owners), when I tell them I deleted primary cats and DO NOT throw cell lights. And yes my sensors are in! Glad to hear I am not the only one. And I do know it works, because once a year, I get one, if I do multiple 'start up and shut down' on the engine, when I for some reason needs to start and shut off the car like 3-4 times in a 10 minute period. But then they go away the next time I take it for a drive.

• 2 weeks later...