Nemesis question

stormbringer

Hi all

I'm thinking about upgrading my Huracan to an Aventador with the Nero Nemesis matte black paint. How have people with that paint found it to maintain?

thx

sb

Wrap it with XPEL Stealth Ultimate film, then there's ZERO maintenance. Just wet, soap/foam gun, rinse and dry. No wrap, then get ready with crap load of finger oil prints.

Wrap it with XPEL Stealth Ultimate film, then there's ZERO maintenance. Just wet, soap/foam gun, rinse and dry. No wrap, then get ready with crap load of finger oil prints.

+1. I saw a matte black LP670-SV with the matte clear wrap and you can't even tell it's wrapped. Looks just like the factory finish.

Or get gloss black for much less and wrap it in matte. Either way you are wrapping it. When you get tired of it in 6 months you can tear it off and have a car that looks good and can be sold.

Nero Nemesis with full XPEL matte wrap. Needs a pro to apply it but done correctly, one cannot tell the wrapped panels from the OEM matte paint. Zero issues and all good.

Matte paint won't be my first pick on paint but I had no other choice on the 670SV.

SV.jpg

I had a Nero Nemesis Aventador for three years. It is one, if not the, best colors for the Aventador. Really cool. And a huge pain to take care of. Scratches and nicks cannot be repaired. Rub any place too much and it gets a permanent sheen. Can't use regular car care products (wash, wax, etc.), and have to be sure any place you leave it for work knows that.

I wrapped the front. You need a really good person to get the wrap to stay on well. Done right, it is virtually indistinguishable from original paint. However, getting it done right is not easy.

I am glad I had the Nero Nemisis for three years - it is a look you can get no other way on the car. I am also glad to now have a non matte color Aventador. I worry a lot less. If I just had to keep the Nero Nemisis, I absolutely would have wrapped the entire car. I personally just don't like wrapping my entire car.

You should call Sebastian at Lambo Newport Beach

They have a 600 mile 14 that's already completely wrapped.

Looks bad ass!

Hi

Tanks for the tip, I will give him a shout.

Nero Nemesis with full XPEL matte wrap. Needs a pro to apply it but done correctly, one cannot tell the wrapped panels from the OEM matte paint. Zero issues and all good.

Matte paint won't be my first pick on paint but I had no other choice on the 670SV.

Thanks and your car looks amazing!

I had a Nero Nemesis Aventador for three years. It is one, if not the, best colors for the Aventador. Really cool. And a huge pain to take care of. Scratches and nicks cannot be repaired. Rub any place too much and it gets a permanent sheen. Can't use regular car care products (wash, wax, etc.), and have to be sure any place you leave it for work knows that.

I wrapped the front. You need a really good person to get the wrap to stay on well. Done right, it is virtually indistinguishable from original paint. However, getting it done right is not easy.

I am glad I had the Nero Nemisis for three years - it is a look you can get no other way on the car. I am also glad to now have a non matte color Aventador. I worry a lot less. If I just had to keep the Nero Nemisis, I absolutely would have wrapped the entire car. I personally just don't like wrapping my entire car.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, it's sobering to consider... What color is your current car?

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, it's sobering to consider... What color is your current car?

My current car is a Rosso Bia Super Voloce. It has a gold glitter in the paint - looks incredible in the sun.

• 1 month later...

I have a Nero nemesis , and the paint is not bad to maintain. I just have the entire front in xpel and have not found it difficult to care for the back. I use a matte detail spray. I have never washed the car but also have a matte soap if I wanted to.