Anyone into gardening?

Destructo

Kinsella, that is beyond awesome! I would love to squeeze one of those lemons in my beer this summer :D

I would love to grow avocados. My neighbor grew the best avocados, as big as RDs forearm. Unfortunately, after he passed, the new owners of the property cut down all the trees. Such a sad day!

Imports are killing prices right now, we will wait to at least May to harvest. Thankfully it is pouring tonight. Looks like El Nino stopped in for a fly by.

Been windy here recently. This is what we have left of the drops from last week. Ones on the right are sublime...

post-13077-1455763767.jpg

Since we're talking about food, the bottom of the cap of the Snapple bottle I am drinking says that humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.

Since we're talking about food, the bottom of the cap of the Snapple bottle I am drinking says that humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.

Now we know where you get your genius from

Cappy, gardening is like architecture, just another form of beautifying the landscape (and also producing nice foods). Hence the field of landscape architecture.

Wheels, it's comments like that remind me that you are like a lighthouse in the desert. Reasonably bright but fcuking useless.

Cappy, gardening is like architecture, just another form of beautifying the landscape (and also producing nice foods). Hence the field of landscape architecture.

Uh, no. Landscape Architecture is primarily about hardscape, and the use of plants and trees to highlight the property and house. You're talking about tinkering in the garden and a few edible plants. Stick to poetry

Wheels, it's comments like that remind me that you are like a lighthouse in the desert. Reasonably bright but fcuking useless.

Cappy, the comment was just meant to be a light-hearted comical statement, not anything to be taken seriously. I thought it would elicit an "lol" or something. That is why I mentioned that it came from the bottom of the Snapple cap. Just an in-the-moment funny (or what was supposed to be). Guess I was wrong though.

Uh, no. Landscape Architecture is primarily about hardscape, and the use of plants and trees to highlight the property and house. You're talking about tinkering in the garden and a few edible plants. Stick to poetry

My interest in gardening is about food, but is also tied to my interest in architecture. Gardening can be either about food or beauty or both. Gardening for beauty purposes has a lot of tie-in with landscape architecture; you could say such garden design is a branch of landscape architecture.

My interest in gardening is about food, but is also tied to my interest in architecture. Gardening can be either about food or beauty or both. Gardening for beauty purposes has a lot of tie-in with landscape architecture; you could say such garden design is a branch of landscape architecture.

So, in Wheels world, farming is landscape architecture....

So, in Wheels world, farming is landscape architecture....

Gardening for food has tie-in with farming, gardening for beauty has tie-in with landscape architecture. For example, French gardens, which are very formal, would be a form of landscape architecture.

As a landscaper I can tell you 99.9% of plants, trees and vegetables don't like "wet feet" Make sure you have very good drainage so your plants aren't sitting in water.

As for vegetables, it will say on the package when to sow, usually 90-120 days from seed to table. Provide enough space to allow for growth. Veggies grow fairly rapidly and can overtake a space in no time.

I just want to do gardening things with my gardening friends

No, no you may not because Wheels has to give some input and then go off on a random tangent, when he does that it just feels like someone has fired a cannon full of clown shit into your face with no warning.

I just want to do gardening things with my gardening friends

No, no you may not because Wheels has to give some input and then go off on a random tangent, when he does that it just feels like someone has fired a cannon full of clown shit into your face with no warning.

I love this place...

I don't do any. My mom grows tomatoes, eggplants, herbs, and zucchini. We used to have an apple tree, peach tree, and pear tree but unfortunately they had to be taken down.

glitter.gif

To know him, is to love him.

I have always hated avocados, and lived in a house with 4 active trees, could not kill the trees without drawing the ire of the HOA. Now I have ll sorts of space and warming up to the idea, and can't get them to live :/

I have always hated avocados, and lived in a house with 4 active trees, could not kill the trees without drawing the ire of the HOA. Now I have ll sorts of space and warming up to the idea, and can't get them to live :/

Avocado karma, baby! Always cherish thy avocado tree :eusa_naughty:

Don't blame you though. I don't grow too much stuff like fruits/vegetables because all of the crap the plants drop/animals attracted.