How Many of the 20 Monterey Editions are still around

215mph

Im not 100% sure those are the same cars....

There's only 1 Verde Scandal Monterey Edition Diablo SV, and I do recall this car having the Monterey Edition plaque as well as the SE30 Side Vents on the lower intake that only the Monterey cars have. I'm sure the main difference is lighting and camera quality, as the quality of camera I had back then is laughable compared to even my cell phone camera today.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking at the pictures of the Verde Scandal I am sure that was the green car that the dealer had when I bought mine. It was stunning, but I have this thing for yellow...

I didn't see any interior pictures of the verde car, but mine has yellow stitching.

IMG_1020.JPG

While looking around for a badge or plaque, this plate on the bottom of the door is all I found so far.

IMG_1019.JPG

On the black plate, it has 06-1998

Could it be #6?

Very cool!

Maybe it's the pearl that is adding the scandal look in the light.

Thanks Rob for the list. Don't think I'd seen that before either.

On the black plate, it has 06-1998

Could it be #6?

That is the month and year of manufacture.

I own # 5 and the plaque with the number is either on the center upper dash or behind the driver seat rear window dash area. Mine is on the rear driver side window dash. I have seen others on the center dash area.

They all came with the plaque though.

• 2 weeks later...
Also, isn't the Verde Scandal Monterey edition owned by a different member on here, JTSE30 or something like that?

There were 2 Monterey Editions in Verde Scandal, mine has the purple/blue interior, the other had black. I say the other because many years ago it was repainted purple (not certain if anniversary or not) after an accident, so only 1 Verde Scandal remains :)

There were 2 Monterey Editions in Verde Scandal, mine has the purple/blue interior, the other had black. I say the other because many years ago it was repainted purple (not certain if anniversary or not) after an accident, so only 1 Verde Scandal remains :)

Thank you sir! Any current pics youd be willing to share?

• 4 months later...

I recognize some of the other cars in that garage with the blue diablo. That GT40 in the background was at the cincy Concours last year and I thought it strange that a car like that would be residing in Cleves. What happened to it? Was it a wreck and repaired with the 6.0 front and the original wing from like a 92? Never knew this existed in cincy..