Die the day after indictment ?

Zmydust

Who cares. One less piece of shit on the planet.

Doesn't sound like he was an evil man. Maybe a little corrupt, perhaps because his success went to his head, but I don't see anything horrible, like say it being found he committed suicide because he was raping little children or something.

Lots of groups are offering condolences:

"Aubrey's tremendous leadership, vision and passion for the energy industry had an impact on the community, the country and the world. We are tremendously proud of his legacy," American Energy Partners said in a statement.

"I’ve known Aubrey McClendon for nearly 25 years. He was a major player in leading the stunning energy renaissance in America," Texas energy investor T. Boone Pickens said in a statement. "He was charismatic and a true American entrepreneur. No individual is without flaws, but his impact on American energy will be long-lasting.”

"Chesapeake is deeply saddened by the news that we have heard today and our thoughts and prayers are with the McClendon family during this difficult time,” the company said in a statement.

Closer to home, McClendon was revered for helping to bolster the Oklahoma economy and revitalize its biggest city, including landing the Oklahoma City Thunder, a National Basketball Association franchise in which he had a minority stake.

"I think in situations like this the best thing you can do is just pray, pray for the family and pray for the people involved," Thunder coach Billy Donovan told reporters at a game on Wednesday in Los Angeles.

Governor Mary Fallin called McClendon “a visionary who raised the profile of Oklahoma.”

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15,000 post, over a decade on the board.. and It's been years since I've had a signature.

Finally one worth adding

post-210225-1457070433.png

There are times when you just want to take a thread back.

Too late...

all_your_base_copy.jpg

Holy shit... This thread turned gold!

There's an achievement unlocked...the Roman Golden Thread Approval :icon_super:

I think now is a good time to investigate, Rob, why is this your type?

article-0-0E4A1A6A00000578-990_468x801.jpg

My lady pales in comparison to your princess Fiona. Pretty soon you'll have lots of little shreklings running around your cottage

post-60315-1457113112_thumb.jpg

post-60315-1457113217.jpeg

My lady pales in comparison to your princess Fiona. Pretty soon you'll have lots of little shreklings running around your cottage

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Why be like that rob? I just want you to be happy, I mean, who needs a lady that can produce a soccer team. Just think of the savings at Christmas and birthdays...

Why be like that rob? I just want you to be happy, I mean, who needs a lady that can produce a soccer team. Just think of the savings at Christmas and birthdays...

You've got the soccer team market covered! I would hate to try and compete

post-60315-1457113950.jpeg