Got rid of my SV...

FEVIPER

Can someone compare the Matte white to Ballon white? I have never seen Matte white in person. Does it have that (lack of a better term) "dingy" look to it that Ballon does?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone compare the Matte white to Ballon white? I have never seen Matte white in person. Does it have that (lack of a better term) "dingy" look to it that Ballon does?

Matte white pearl is an incredible color.

This isn't the greatest picture as its on the iPhone in the dark reception area of the factory when we were there in the autumn - but given its location there must be some good photos of the car floating around the net

It did look very good but I thought you would be better off buying the standard white then putting on a matte wrap

post-4545-1458033973_thumb.jpg

not a great pic but you can clearly see the difference between gloss and matte. I personally like the balloon white out of all the whites ive seen.

post-2228-1458047799_thumb.jpg

Is the SV sport seat any less comfortable than the seats in the SL?

Yes they are, no less padding but the very upright angle makes them hard to get on with, however the Huracan race seats are infinitely worse as they feel much smaller as well.

With SV they are ok but i find if you sit much further back than you normally would it dramatically improves the comfort level. it needs very little to make them totally fine, I've got any inch of memory foam for rear of the seat and lower back and it cures any discomfort. They are fine for an hour or so but then cut the blood off!

Yes they are, no less padding but the very upright angle makes them hard to get on with, however the Huracan race seats are infinitely worse as they feel much smaller as well.

With SV they are ok but i find if you sit much further back than you normally would it dramatically improves the comfort level. it needs very little to make them totally fine, I've got any inch of memory foam for rear of the seat and lower back and it cures any discomfort. They are fine for an hour or so but then cut the blood off!

The sports seats are fine in the 570/670, how did they manage to fcuk it up so badly for the Aventador SV and Huracan?

FEVIPER congrats on the H purchase, great color choice, can you do a bit of a write up between the SV and the Huracan once you get some seat time?

I did get to take it on a 4 hour roundtrip yesterday so I could......but I know if I do your stress level is going to hit the roof!! LOL! So for your sake I am not going to.

I did get to take it on a 4 hour roundtrip yesterday so I could......but I know if I do your stress level is going to hit the roof!! LOL! So for your sake I am not going to.

That is hilarious! :icon_thumleft:

I can say that stock vs stock the H exhaust blows the SV away.

H seats compared to SV comfort seats are better also.

Don't worry, Fortis you still love the SV!

Haha do it, I put the H up for sale with the local dealer but a baller on the budget couldn't get his loan so I might keep it :icon_mrgreen:

Let's hear the review.

When did you get a Huracan ? How did I miss this? :shock:

Congrats

How does the V10 sound better than the V12?

stock vs stock maybe, but nothing compares to a SV with exhaust IMO

The Huracan race exhaust sounds like a monster V10 was seriously impressed.

SV race exhaust simple physics - it's insane a race car with a license plate.

I agree with you on the exhaust. I was totally caught off guard when they cranked it up.

Haha do it, I put the H up for sale with the local dealer but a baller on the budget couldn't get his loan so I might keep it :icon_mrgreen:

Let's hear the review.

Well since you said you might keep the H I will go ahead,lol.

I will start by saying that the H has me excited about what the Aventador replacement will be like. It has exceeded all my expectations. If you take all the good things about a GTR and mix it with all the good things from Lamborghini, you get a Huracan.

Now that I have had a little time to drive the H it is clear to me why someone would buy an SV, or an in general Aventador. Its purely the for the experience. If you try to compare an H to an SV from a "useable" performance standpoint.....The SV will come up short.

Yep, I just said that :)

The H is so just an all around enjoyable car that doesn't have to apologize for anything.

Now to dive into the experience comment on the SV. A V12 Lamborghini Halo car has always been about the experience you get when you drive it. Its not a need, its not even a want, its a "because I fcuking can". It because of the V12 screaming and the seating position of only what I can imagine an F-16 fighter jet feels like. Its the cool feel of pushing the doors up, and pulling them down letting you, and everyone else know you are in something special.

But then take all that silliness/awesomeness and make a track version out of it :eusa_think:

that has about as much chance of seeing a track as Hillary Clinton taking a lie detector test!! But none of that matters because you are buying an experience. Logic need not apply here!

SV

Much more stable at high speeds

Much better Steering

Obviously way more presence

Transmission still has lambo characteristics.

Much more of a unique experience.

This car belongs on a long stretch of road at high speeds.

Huracan

*Easier to drive and enjoy. Takes all the stress out that you experience in an SV

*Technology is more up to date in this car.

*Stock sound is louder and more impressive (Although a good exhaust on an SV would blow it away)

*Power and torque come on faster so it is more usable for short bursts around town.

*Transmission is to lust for. Not just from a performance standpoint, but the pure sound of it knocking down gears like an F1 car.

*You have more of a connected feel in this car. Its more predictable.

CONS

*The H is not nearly as stable as the SV on speeds over 100mph. It follows the road and feels unstable at times depending on road conditions. You cannot take your hand of the steering wheel for a second.

*The H backup camera is poor quality but anything is better than nothing.

*The turn signals are not a con but they are mind fcuking me,lol That is going to take a while to get use to.

*Ride height is horrendous on these cars as far as appearance. Mine will be getting dropped 2 to 3 inches.

*The SV is not meant for cruising around town. Its big, wide, awkward. The power curve is not meant for that so it just feels out of place.

*Sport seats of course, that horse is beat to death so I won't waste time there.

*Audio and Communication technology is stuck in the 90s

So the bottom line of this long winded review is they are totally different animals and one does not replace the other. The Huracan is a sensible Lamborghini that does everything very well.

The SV is the badass that sits in the garage during the week waiting for your testosterone or stress level to get built up to a point where you want to blow it off on a stretch of back roads and act like a 20yr old rockstar with no fucks given. Or go to special events, rallies, etc...

If you can own both it would be a beautiful thing....