Checkmate from Underground Racing....

duhawks

Yeah I would say a alpha 16 is a street car some what. Depends how stripped out.

There are some serious gtr race cars that have run 20-50s.

Took Tony 2400+ whp to run 7.38 at 195 and 7.4 203.

You can't compare A v6 3.8 pushing 60 psi vs a v10 pushing 35etc. Let's not start that shit. A16 full weight with AC and Gps ( lol) have gone 7s. So yes it's possible. AT WENT 7s with AC on drag radios ( no slicks) @183 iirc.

With that being said, I am super impressed wth Ug going 7s in a new platform ( non dog box ) .

Congrats again. Hell of a Job Kevin , KC and the crew!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of GTRs....those who are in the 7´s can be barely considered streetable with 15" rear and front slicks nowadays. And I´m not sure wether this new trend of front facing turbos, parachutes, welds on the trunk etc. is looking badass or goofy.

There is one crazy enough customer in the GTR world (Gidi) who wanted such a build. I don´t know if he blacked out the front headlights to symbolize that this is an all out race car never meant to be driven for a single mile on the street.

Either way. To me it seems like the lambo platform has had and will always have an inherent advantage due to less weight and weight distribution. Now the transmission development is finally there to support big power, fast shifts and good launches

65 pounds of boost and 10,000 rpm are also pretty impressive.

Methanol will get it there, which I believe it's the only fuel of choice for GTRs to keep up with the X.

Awesome work guys. My estimate of you guys going 7's soon was off considering you did it so damn quickly. Congratulations on the wonderful achievement, you deserve it.

You can't compare A v6 3.8 pushing 60 psi vs a v10 pushing 35etc. Let's not start that shit. A16 full weight with AC and Gps ( lol) have gone 7s. So yes it's possible. AT WENT 7s with AC on drag radios ( no slicks) @183 iirc.

With that being said, I am super impressed wth Ug going 7s in a new platform ( non dog box ) .

Congrats again. Hell of a Job Kevin , KC and the crew!

I wasn't comparing like that. I was trying to convey how awesome the huracan/r8 platform is. You can really have a true street car that can run 7s if you want to turn the boost up. Hell it went 202 in the half mile with oem tires lol.

7 second pass will look effortless I bet. All the work was done behind the scenes though. People don't see that part...

The GTR was very exciting when it first came out because the platform could drag race, roll race, and road race. There really hasn't been a car like it since the huracan.

Psshhh, big deal, let's see them get into the 6's now... :icon_mrgreen:

Great pass, nice work. It's really exciting to see these two talented tuning shops pushing this amazing platform to the limit.

This is car racing... the smack talk is the best part. Competition is the best part about car racing. It isn't personal.

If you cant handle the competition then go to the mall with the women.

And I have done my fair share of racing....

...and the zero-class fanboy shit talking begins...

A great achievement once again sullied by people who haven't achieved anything.

I don´t see any shit talking towards Heffner. They do a great job as well and received just as many compliments and respect for their 8.3 run from everyone in this forum a couple days ago.

Of course right now the competition is hot, but a couple of memes and lines here and there don´t diminish any achievements on either side

Yea, its all good fun.

When someone beats UGR this forum erupts with slam this, and slam that.

UGR comes out time and time again and kicks ass. So, those of us who have spent our money and put our trust in UGR get excited.

If you can not come on here, take the good with the bad. Talk shit, laugh, and race... Then maybe this isn't the place for you.

Mike

Atleast your 7 second car had AC to keep you cool and a GPS to get you to the CVS.

cicio went 7s it in a full weight all the goodies gtr at tx2k last year

cicio went 7s it in a full weight all the goodies gtr at tx2k last year

Full weight? No way. Didn't have lighter seats and remove any weight at all? Didn't it have full slicks and smaller wheels?

Andres told me that car was light.

Yea, its all good fun.

When someone beats UGR this forum erupts with slam this, and slam that.

UGR comes out time and time again and kicks ass. So, those of us who have spent our money and put our trust in UGR get excited.

If you can not come on here, take the good with the bad. Talk shit, laugh, and race... Then maybe this isn't the place for you.

Mike

Hey man....

image.jpeg

Full weight? No way. Didn't have lighter seats and remove any weight at all? Didn't it have full slicks and smaller wheels?

Andres told me that car was light.

it does have lightweight seats in it but it also has a cage. Car weighs somewhere around 3800lbs

mine this weekend was 4040 with me in it and a full tank of gas. Also with seats/carbon ceramics/a few other lightweight mods

it does have lightweight seats in it but it also has a cage. Car weighs somewhere around 3800lbs

mine this weekend was 4040 with me in it and a full tank of gas. Also with seats/carbon ceramics/a few other lightweight mods

200lbs is a big difference. What did you run?

My point is you can take a huracan off the show room floor... Make it heavier, not remove any creature comforts and run a 7.

To me that is awesome. That's never happened in the history of 7 second passes lol

200lbs is a big difference. What did you run?

My point is you can take a huracan off the show room floor... Make it heavier, not remove any creature comforts and run a 7.

To me that is awesome. That's never happened in the history of 7 second passes lol

i saw his on the scales empty vs me in it so its probably only 40-50 lb difference

i went 8.7@172 on 17inch radials on the second full pass in the car ever and then broke a output shaft in the fwd clutch

trapped mid 190s all of the roll race and lost to the winner Ben by a bumper in the semi finals

cant take anything away from these huracans though. That truely is mind blowing

i saw his on the scales empty vs me in it so its probably only 40-50 lb difference

i went 8.7@172 on 17inch radials on the second full pass in the car ever and then broke a output shaft in the fwd clutch

trapped mid 190s all of the roll race and lost to the winner Ben by a bumper in the semi finals

cant take anything away from these huracans though. That truely is mind blowing

Your car was flying at the roll race man. I was cheering you on. I wanted to see you and Mullet in the finals.

Your car was flying at the roll race man. I was cheering you on. I wanted to see you and Mullet in the finals.

me too man. Would have been a fun rematch. Mullets car was so fcuking fast

me too man. Would have been a fun rematch. Mullets car was so fcuking fast

Man I'm jealous! Competing is a blast. Nothing better. Not even high stakes gambling is close to racing.

I hope to be back to competing later this year. Got to get little hawk settled.

Man I'm jealous! Competing is a blast. Nothing better. Not even high stakes gambling is close to racing.

I hope to be back to competing later this year. Got to get little hawk settled.

Would be awesome to see you out racing again! When you´re at the scene there are always immediate updates and out of all competitors you hype up the events the most before, during and after LOL

Tuner wars on the same platform (Lambo in this case) are always fun but Lambo vs GTR (the only natural competitor) is also a blast. It would be great to line up a couple classes to go head to head without too much finger pointing. A minimum weight, maximum tire, designated fuel and stock style transmission and suspension would go along way to obtaining equal footing without stifling innovation.

I'd love to see at least one mid-level class and then an anything goes class on a certain size radial with gasoline, DCT and at least 3500 pounds with driver, for example. 3500 is probably a reasonable race weight for both platforms and personally I'd rather have ballast than back seats or a radio (fire and projectile hazards) in a 200mph car. Max tire and stock suspension would keep tubbed cars out. Gasoline and DCT keep the innovation trickling down to the street cars.

Man I want to go racing.