Checkmate from Underground Racing....

duhawks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravo, guys. I don't know about checkmate. I may have a few moves left.

I think it was checkmate to hit 7's first. However, seeing some more moves from both sides will be fun to watch!

non prepped surface in the 1/2 mile so its hard to compare vs a prepped drag strip

Not only is Sal bringing a sledgehammer to the half mile but he is resourceful, methodical and determined to succeed. He has exceeded expectations at the strip by consistently putting in the time and making improvements. He might only put up a decent number in his first event but I would bet if he likes it he will add mph each event until the truly ludicrous is achieved.

However, I bet he goes pretty fast in the first event.

As for Toby, those pictures are totally unfair. I need to call Jason.

1320video just posted a sneaky update on the Heffner Huracan. Looks like its large frame turbo time! Can't wait to see what you guys cook up. This cold war like arms race is awesome!

Not only is Sal bringing a sledgehammer to the half mile but he is resourceful, methodical and determined to succeed. He has exceeded expectations at the strip by consistently putting in the time and making improvements. He might only put up a decent number in his first event but I would bet if he likes it he will add mph each event until the truly ludicrous is achieved.

He also brought Steve Drummond along for this first outing.

Hey FikseSTS, how do you post the video on the home page of DRAGTIMES? Is that done by user or do you have to do it?

he had the heffner video up on 5 min.... i think you have to have a heffner car to make it on dragtimes..lol

He ran a 190mph best on the weekend. I'm sure he will go faster next time, but it's not as easy as a lot of drag racers think. No prep and gearing changes the game!

It was also his first outing since his wreck. We shall see if he cares to go back. If he does, he'll consistently get faster and faster. Maybe he'll even put some pressure on the WG springs.

OR you can send in the info and video..... not hard... "add" button.... plenty of UGR and Heffner articles on DragTimes

he had the heffner video up on 5 min.... i think you have to have a heffner car to make it on dragtimes..lol

He ran a 190mph best on the weekend. I'm sure he will go faster next time, but it's not as easy as a lot of drag racers think. No prep and gearing changes the game!

Copied from his post

" As the for the final results, unfortunately we were unable to do any testing the first day due to damp conditions and bad cross winds. I chose to sit that day out with the conditions presented. However Saturday we were able to start making some test hits. Initially we had to change quite a few settings with the shocks to accomodate the surface but Steve Drummond was on top of that was able to make the necessary changes and the car felt stable after those changes. Next William Ruggie and Chris Delgado set out to get the traction control calibrated as this is the first time I've had traction contol on this car. After 2-3 short track hits, we had that setup and ready to save my tail in the event of a mishap. Next we were having issues controlling boost via the ProEFI. William Ruggie spent quite some time trying to calibrate the boost control but unfortunately was not able to do so in the time allotted.

We ended up disconnecting the CO2 and made passes on wastegate springs which was averaging around 7psi. Once we had everything calibrated, I made once successful 1/4 mile run of 159mph at 7psi of boost and leaving the line with 0psi. Next and final run for the day was the first full 1/2 mile pass which netted a 1/4 mile of 157mph and a 1/2 mile of 190mph at 7psi of boost leaving the line with 0psi.

I will definitely be trying out the 1/2 mile very soon now that we have gotten through the basics and my emotional state and comfort level has improved after being out of the car for over 2 years."

7psi i'm guessing makes around 1k hp on that car, so 190mph on 30% power seems like an ok shakedown pass.