The pacific northwest jalpa meet....

Kerplop

I can think of no better compliment from a fellow Lambo owner and enthusiast than someone to say, "Hey, I'd like to take my Lamborghini on a road trip to come see your Lamborghini project status." Ohlgren and I talked on the phone several times and talked about it for some time and we just now got around to it. He drove all the way down from washington with his Jalpa to come check out my Jalpa.

Emissary also showed up in his 993 which is soon to be an RWB car. It was a ton of fun to meet up with some LP members. We went for a drive up to smith rock and hung out there and then went to lunch and back. A nice afternoon of car talk and good car people.

It was an absolute pleasure to meet Ohlgren, he's a 100% class act and true enthusiast.

20160423_114431.jpg

20160422_210421.jpg

20160423_114620.jpg

20160423_115438.jpg

Shitty selfie from Kerplop and Ohlgren.

20160423_161905.jpg

20160423_115459.jpg

20160423_120108.jpg

In the words of Emissary when the Jalpa flooded at Smith Rock and wouldn't start, "There's no greater example of an italian sports car moment than this right here." So I hopped out and directed traffic around us while he worked on getting the car started again. It was pretty comical.

20160423_125519.jpg

20160423_152515.jpg

20160423_155306.jpg

Sweet! Now hurry up and get your car running!

Yep, working on it haha.

Anyone who takes on a "project" such as the one you're undertaking ... In your garage ...

Talk about taking a deep breath and jumping ... I have huge respect for anyone that does that ...

By the way ... Sounds like a terrific day ...

THANKS ... For reminding the rest of us why we joined Lambo Power ...

Anyone who takes on a "project" such as the one you're undertaking ... In your garage ...

Talk about taking a deep breath and jumping ... I have huge respect for anyone that does that ...

By the way ... Sounds like a terrific day ...

THANKS ... For reminding the rest of us why we joined Lambo Power ...

It's in the light at the end of the tunnel phase. But I can tell you that there's been plenty of moments where I was feeling overwhelmed. Not so much anymore. Now I just can't wait for the engine to be done. :)

I had a great time in Bend this last weekend. It was a great trip and so much fun exchanging car stories Saturday afternoon. Great to get an educational up close look at a Jalpa in mid restoration.

We took the long way down, so the Jalpa covered over 400 miles during the weekend. It sure didn't like the altitude, but once I got closer to home, it settled down and idled more reasonably. Still too rich, but much more agreeable than in Bend. 3,600 feet makes a difference. Other than some tuning issues, the car behaved flawlessly.

I will try to post a couple pics from the drive later today.

Here are a couple from the road. I had big ambitions of filming the trip and shooting a ton of pics. Only got a few and these were my favorites.

JalpaApril2016_01.jpg

JalpaApril2016_02.jpg

JalpaApril2016_04.jpg

Here are a couple from the road. I had big ambitions of filming the trip and shooting a ton of pics. Only got a few and these were my favorites.

I wish I had taken my camera along for some footage but the battery wasn't charged in time, my own darn fault. Regardless, was a pleasure to meet you and go have fun!