Mysterious Aventador.

LSHG

Okay, I will eat my own words that I said about this prototype last time. This is definitely a Facelift Aventador "LP770-4", look at the rear and you will notice it. If you look at the front in that video it has some details from the Centenario on the lower part and overall it has that Asterion shape compared to for example an SV front bumper. Its really hard to explain, you can also see its not an SV front bumper at 0:25 as it sticks out like a knife. Overall the front bumper looks like a 50th Anni mashed up with SV with some details from special models.

I wish Lambocars would make a rendering of it.

It seems also that its not that big of a change, simillar to the change between Murcielago (LP580) and LP640.

• 4 weeks later...
Okay, I will eat my own words that I said about this prototype last time. This is definitely a Facelift Aventador "LP770-4", look at the rear and you will notice it. If you look at the front in that video it has some details from the Centenario on the lower part and overall it has that Asterion shape compared to for example an SV front bumper. Its really hard to explain, you can also see its not an SV front bumper at 0:25 as it sticks out like a knife. Overall the front bumper looks like a 50th Anni mashed up with SV with some details from special models.

I wish Lambocars would make a rendering of it.

It seems also that its not that big of a change, simillar to the change between Murcielago (LP580) and LP640.

Why should the normal Aventador have more HP than the Superveloce ???

The SV price creates more drag and resistance.

By the same reason that a LP560 have more HP than the Gallardo Superleggera.

My old man's Aventador makes more power than a SV after installing factory exhaust software upgrade..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting article from Automobile Magazine regarding Centenario and 2018 refresh:

"The key ingredients of the Centenario LP 770-4 will be carried over to the updated 2018 model year Aventador. According to those in the know, the drag resistance is going to be even lower thanks to more active flaps and rudders, the 740-hp SV engine will likely become the mainstay powerplant, and the brand-new infotainment system pioneered by the Centenario will make it into all future Lambos. The most significant revision is rear-wheel steering, which joins the list of standard features"

Interesting article from Automobile Magazine regarding Centenario and 2018 refresh:

"The key ingredients of the Centenario LP 770-4 will be carried over to the updated 2018 model year Aventador. According to those in the know, the drag resistance is going to be even lower thanks to more active flaps and rudders, the 740-hp SV engine will likely become the mainstay powerplant, and the brand-new infotainment system pioneered by the Centenario will make it into all future Lambos. The most significant revision is rear-wheel steering, which joins the list of standard features"

That sounds like a buzzkill. Rear steering? More weight. Just give us a RWD Aventador like a lot of people have asked for. Active Flaps? Awesome, but more weight added to the already heavy car. SV engine? Interesting, but now they're taking away some of the exclusivity that the SV carried, regardless if most A's can be chipped to have higher HP. IDK how I feel. I guess we will see how it turns out.

A more agile "standard" Aventador with more active aero...I am all for it :eusa_dance: Plus the final SV variant of the new platform will be even more nuts. This should be fun :icon_super:

A more agile "standard" Aventador with more active aero...I am all for it :eusa_dance: Plus the final SV variant of the new platform will be even more nuts. This should be fun :icon_super:

:iamwithstupid:

Now if they could just work a DCT into it you'd have a killer package.

Now if they could just work a DCT into it you'd have a killer package.

Personally I love the ISR...the single clutch feels more brutal and old school compared to the DCT found in Ferrari's and the Huracan.

Personally I love the ISR...the single clutch feels more brutal and old school compared to the DCT found in Ferrari's and the Huracan.

I will reserve final judgment but the DCT in the Huracan is flawless.

I can't wait for the FL Roadster (2018?) - I'm so happy with my both Roadsters that I will certainly move to the new generation even if the changes are small.

I will reserve final judgment but the DCT in the Huracan is flawless.

It's a great system no doubt. For me it's too smooth and clever. For me I love the violence of the single clutch...it ensures that I am 100% awake when driving :icon_axe:

It's a great system no doubt. For me it's too smooth and clever. For me I love the violence of the single clutch...it ensures that I am 100% awake when driving :icon_axe:

In Corsa the DCT is plenty violent, trust me you do feel awake :icon_mrgreen:

Low speed with single clutch is annoying for me but I am sure they've come a long way in the last couple of years.

Low speed with single clutch is annoying for me but I am sure they've come a long way in the last couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder if it will get the DCT.

Heard there's no room for mounting DCT in Carbon Tub.