after 60 days of GT3 ownership, traded for a RS!

SV-N-IT

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just finished up Cap! ill post vid w/sound asap!

updated_RS.JPG

RS_SV.jpg

That's nice but I bet you got ripped off, there is one on LP for sale and it's only $80k.

That's nice but I bet you got ripped off, there is one on LP for sale and it's only $80k.

Huh?

Edit: I saw just saw the spam thread :)

thanks guys, appreciate the comments! ill have some better pics next wknd!

yes 80k would have been nice ;)

chad we need to see pics of your beast!

just finished up Cap! ill post vid w/sound asap!

post-2228-1469134717_thumb.jpg

post-2228-1469134737.jpg

Very nice.

Here's one off the phone. Can't wait to hear and see the difference.

:icon_super: Mexico blue looks insane. Congrats.

Thank you. Hopefully Bill and I can do a couple rolls to see what those headers are worth. I'm happy with my side deletes but probably won't be once I hear his car.

Very nice.

:icon_super: Mexico blue looks insane. Congrats.

:iamwithstupid: that is my fav color!

I'm very happy with the Dundon setup, sounds insane when you need it to, quiet when you have to lol

feels like a rocket. my permanent tire stickers are coming apart after 3 days :(

we are doing an event to orlando in a couple of months fyi

They are pretty tough to get. At this point people are paying 25-50k over to get one. It appears they will be built through year end so it is not impossible to get a configurable spot still. It's a really fun car.

There are 20 RS for sale on ebay. At least one is new. All are over MSRP which starts at $175K. Some are asking $320 (purple). If orange or purple price is higher. White cars are less but still over MSRP.

You can still go on Porsche's configurator and "build" a car, but whether you can find a build slot at a dealer is the question.

I have two friends who paid over: one was orange at $70 over, the other was white at $40 over, and neither spec'd their car - they bought off a dealer's floor. And both cars were previously titled (even with no delivery miles) because they were essentially "flipped". So technically the cars were used even though my friends were the first people to put miles on the cars.

And the guy who paid $40K over got that "reduced" price as a favor because he sent two guys (who each paid $70K over) to the dealer and spoon fed the business to the dealer, so he got the reduced price of $40 over as a "thank you"). Keep in mind all three people were THRILLED to buy the car because they couldn't get it otherwise.

One of them tracked it for 6 months (zero street miles and it was beat on HARD) and traded in for a '15 991 cup car.

• 2 weeks later...
That looks very good, how do you like it?

loving it! the go kart handling, sound and power of the 4.0 makes for a great/addicting package!

but the SV is still king! ;)

loving it! the go kart handling, sound and power of the 4.0 makes for a great/addicting package!

but the SV is still king! ;)

:icon_thumleft:

Haha, it's definitely no Aventador (pros and cons to this btw) but that's one bad ass "$200k" car!

How's the new exhaust? I'm pretty happy with the side muffler delete but wouldn't mind a little more since the little six sounds pretty good.

Haha, it's definitely no Aventador (pros and cons to this btw) but that's one bad ass "$200k" car!

How's the new exhaust? I'm pretty happy with the side muffler delete but wouldn't mind a little more since the little six sounds pretty good.

unfreakin real! no CEL lights, sound is basically stock with switch off and turns into a mind blowing F1 car with switch on! and you can def feel the power! I still cant believe the power this car makes with just a flat 6 and no turbo/SC etc.. it really is amazing! roll out in 1st gear, pull in the paddles, punch it and let them go and off to tire spinning bliss :icon_super:

I would prefer the SV in most cases, but the overall feel and handling of the RS cant be matched especially for 200k range..

Well there goes another 8 grand for some headers...

I'm just leaving the Porsche Experience Cemter in Atlanta. Well worth the trip and right next to airport for easy in and out day trip.

Anyone with a good relationship with a P dealer, definitely ask them for a voucher. Pro instructors, wet skid pad, drift track, small road track, nice simulators, very good restaurant, small museum, etc.

Well there goes another 8 grand for some headers...

I'm just leaving the Porsche Experience Cemter in Atlanta. Well worth the trip and right next to airport for easy in and out day trip.

Anyone with a good relationship with a P dealer, definitely ask them for a voucher. Pro instructors, wet skid pad, drift track, small road track, nice simulators, very good restaurant, small museum, etc.

LOL probably 5k for just the headers but well worth it.

I'm going to check it out. do they have cars you can test or take your own?

You drive their cars. You reserve a specific car and type of driving. You can drive multiple cars. I haven't done it yet but know several who highly recommend after having a great time.

You drive their cars. You reserve a specific car and type of driving. You can drive multiple cars. I haven't done it yet but know several who highly recommend after having a great time.

As usual, spot on with the Porsche knowledge.

They have one of everything including GT3 and 4 (no RS). GT3 was plenty for their little track. Tires on RS might make the wet events nearly impossible. There's even an off-road course for SUVs which I did not do. Simulators were also impressive.

The people were all extremely friendly. I've been to a number of car factories/museums/etc and have never been so impressed with the people, top to bottom.