after 60 days of GT3 ownership, traded for a RS!

SV-N-IT

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are killing it with your line up this year. That thing is going to be naaastayy!

cake which lumbar pillow do you use? sounds like a good idea!
I use the Tempur Pedic travel lumbar pillow. It fits perfectly between the bolsters of the LWB. You could probably try putting it behind the seat cushion which is only held in by velcro. I keep mine on the face of the seatback so I can move it around a bit. Note it gets rock hard in cold temps but softens quickly with body heat. Just be aware if your car gets cold overnight.

Search "tempur-pedic travel lumbar cushion" you'll find a number of places to order it. It's usually around $70. I've used them for years (ZEEoo6, Cayman R LWB). Here's one link:

https://www.relaxtheback.com/tempur-pedic-t...CFZWMaQoddYIJ1w

where are the "reasonable" markups on 2nd hand GT3RS's now?
I've been following this fairly closely. If you are talking about 997.2 GT3RS I know of one that a friend sold on Friday. MSRP was $155K (in 2011) and it sold for $200K. Took a little over a month to find the right buyer. Had some offers including $195 but the seller wanted to get $200 and was patient. It had under 5000 miles, zero over-revs on the DME report and was in perfect cosmetic condition. It had a cage, harnesses and came with some very "light" track use but the DME report confirmed the car had not been "abused". White with red RS graphics.

I know of two 2016 GT3RS that sold recently (last Fall and March). One was Lava Orange for $70K over MSRP. Interestingly it was traded back in within a few months in exchange for a 991 Cup car. The white RRS sold for $40 over MSRP to a friend who gave me a ride the other day. It was spec'd with gray alcantara inserts (which he hated). He had a local upholstery shop do the black/white houndstooth as an homage to the early RS. It turned out great - especially with the yellow belts and calipers for PCCB. Very sharp looking car.

IMG_7509.JPG

It seems $40-$70 is "reasonable". As mentioned earlier the paint to sample cars are going for higher asking at $100K+ over MSRP.

I understand Porsche just released more GT3RS build allocations, along with the GT4 recently released allocations. Some speculate this will soften the big over MSRP asking prices - but obviously it's supply and demand driven.

Porsche has an optional wedge that goes behind the seat pad like Cake described. At least I think it is from Porsche as my dealer gave me one.

I like the R-like houndstooth. I've been playing around with doing another historic pattern.

All that orange inside is begging for some orange calipers.

Rusnak in Westlake offered me a build slot for $75k over and said I could do PTS as well, does anyone know if that's back on the table?

Rusnak in Westlake offered me a build slot for $75k over and said I could do PTS as well, does anyone know if that's back on the table?

GT3RS in Monterey BLUE!!! FOR THE WIN!!!!

PTS is closed. It was a small order window on the RS for whatever reason.

:iamwithstupid:

thanks for all the great info! ill ask about the wedge and pick up a tempur pedic if not.

ive been shopping all over the US and best I found was 35k over with low options and comfort seats :(

I would say 40-50k over is a deal right now. I was offered a September build from champion 50k over w/no PTS.

:iamwithstupid: Prevailing wisdom on Porsche forum is that PTS is still closed. A batch of GT4 allocations was also released but no PTS.

Exciting times! Congrats!

so I went with the full exhaust Dundon motorsports set up +25rwhp.

should sound and feel great!

ill post pics after all work is completed!

so I went with the full exhaust Dundon motorsports set up +25rwhp.

should sound and feel great!

ill post pics after all work is completed!

We cannot hear the sound in pics :)

• 2 weeks later...