Huracan Superleggera camo pics

FikseSTS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Makes sense, one of the spokesmen were quite salty in a recent interview saying that "Porsche no longer cared about Ring laptimes". Kind of funny when Porsche has been attaching a Ring lap time to every new model's press release since early 2000s lol.

It's a win win for Porsche. If they beat the time they brag about it. If they don't they never mention why they were there in the first place.

It's a win win for Porsche. If they beat the time they brag about it. If they don't they never mention why they were there in the first place.

problem is everyone knows now so if they don't beat it or mention it, we all know that the P is still the record holder. (at 1/3rd the price)

problem is everyone knows now so if they don't beat it or mention it, we all know that the P is still the record holder. (at 1/3rd the price)

1/6 the price used. IMHO the Huracan P is the THE performance bargain right now and will be even if the 918 runs a sub 6:50 or any other time for that matter. Plus I promise the long term maintenance of the Huracan will be so so much less expensive than the 918.

1/6 the price used. IMHO the Huracan P is the THE performance bargain right now and will be even if the 918 runs a sub 6:50 or any other time for that matter. Plus I promise the long term maintenance of the Huracan will be so so much less expensive than the 918.

:icon_thumleft:

I have a lot of McLaren owner friends who believe the 720S will be faster than the Performante on many tracks. I cant wait for the P to set lap records on other tracks too!

Wow, it didn't take long for the Spyder version...

You have to go where the money is, but I don't care for the rapid release of new models.

Apparently 918 is testing new tires (likely) or a lighter and more dense battery pack (less likely). If it's tires and the Ring time markedly improves then we should all give up our hobby boys and just invest in moderately quick cars with the best tires money can buy.

Apparently 918 is testing new tires (likely) or a lighter and more dense battery pack (less likely). If it's tires and the Ring time markedly improves then we should all give up our hobby boys and just invest in moderately quick cars with the best tires money can buy.

Tires make a big difference, on my C63 the genuine Dunlops were out of stock and I had to get Michelin, the Michelin have so much more grip they made the car boring, it doesn't slide around anymore LOL

Tires make a big difference, on my C63 the genuine Dunlops were out of stock and I had to get Michelin, the Michelin have so much more grip they made the car boring, it doesn't slide around anymore LOL

Took all the fun out of it for you lol!

I agree. If i find out it's mostly in the tires, i may switch my Perf to a LP580 and save 100k+. Hoping that's not the case....

So much for Porsche not caring about Ring laptimes :D:

Impressive, but there is an important takeaway from this 991.2 GT3 lap. It isn`t the biggest upgrade in terms of numbers, but Porsche put active aero underneath the car (flaps) similar to 458S, Huracan Performante and etc. Look how much faster it became than 991.1 GT3 with that addition and other minor tweaking.

• 3 weeks later...

At the end he talks about the sound and character of the naturally aspirated V10 engine vs. its competition and says the exhausts glow red when hot, which I think is super cool!

Reviews are out

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lamborghini/h...nte-2017-review

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/...te-review/36271

I can see my instructor's Huracan washing wide of the apex as the Performante remains nailed to it, I'm having to wait before getting on the throttle to give him time to gather things up and in the braking zones he's having to be way more cautious. To the point where I nearly run into the back of him into Variante Alta chicane, such is my (over) confidence in the Performante's ability to hit the turn-in point. Later we hear that the instructors - already on Trofeos while we're on P Zeroes - are begging to be allowed to lead the groups in Performantes, such is the speed differential.

I wonder how well the sport mode/drift mode will work...I am hoping that it will be kind of easy to drift/have a little fun with but it will still probably be hard as hell to get it loose.

I wonder how well the sport mode/drift mode will work...I am hoping that it will be kind of easy to drift/have a little fun with but it will still probably be hard as hell to get it loose.

they nailed it in the 580, in sport mode the car breaks loose nicely even with traction on!