Shift Sector Oregon

TT R8 GT

If people want to complain about the GTRs weight then why mod it? Just mod a huracan lol.

In all honestly wtf is 100-200lbs in half mile trap when you have 2500+ whp!?!!

I believe the Huracan (us spec) is over 3600lbs. I saw in magazine it weighed 3643 I think.

The UGR cars are heavier than these stripped out gtrs. Think of all the billet in these lambos plus cage, water tanks, and etc. I've been wanting to get this for years but not one GTR shop would weigh their car. Bring the damn scales to TI and weigh it right before the race. I bet the lambo is heavier.

ETS is more of a 1/4 mile car ( going for 6's) I agree 100-200 wont mean shit in 1/2 mile. The lighter weight is moe for getting out of the hole. Which means at full weight they would trap 244 in half mile.The 1/4 mile is another story.

It really means nothing since they wont be at TI. They have zero desire. which sucks for us. I think everyone including UG wants to race the quickest GTR car.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETS is more of a 1/4 mile car ( going for 6's) I agree 100-200 wont mean shit in 1/2 mile. The lighter weight is moe for getting out of the whole. Which means at full weight they would trap 244 in half mile.The 1/4 mile is another story.

It really means nothing since they wont be at TI. They have zero desire. which sucks for us. I think everyone including UG wants to race the quickest GTR car.

I agree.

My point is these lambos are heavy as shit. Think about all the billet added, air shifter, cage, fire, huge water tanks in the frunk. Hell the turbos alone might weigh 100lbs each to go 247 lol

If people want to complain about the GTRs weight then why mod it? Just mod a huracan lol.

In all honestly wtf is 100-200lbs in half mile trap when you have 2500+ whp!?!!

I believe the Huracan (us spec) is over 3600lbs. I saw in magazine it weighed 3643 I think.

The UGR cars are heavier than these stripped out gtrs. Think of all the billet in these lambos plus cage, water tanks, and etc. I've been wanting to get this for years but not one GTR shop would weigh their car. Bring the damn scales to TI and weigh it right before the race. I bet the lambo is heavier.

Not complaining, just more stating as a matter of fact. I'm not sure if you're serious though? Why doesn't everyone just get a UGR Huracan? Cause then racing would literally come down to who can spend more money at UGR and that doesn't sound very fun.

Anyways, I'd take that bet. Average weight of the 3 fastest UGR cars, all fluids / safety, no driver, against average of fastest 3 GTRs, all fluids / safety / etc.

They already said they don't race in TI. Which sucks thats the fastest GTR in the world by far....

1 car vs all the 2500HP lambos... will be a slaughter fest

Dude, here you go again.

Does it not compute? The car is stripped down, you know, like a girlie at a go-go bar who takes it all off to the bare skin??

May be the "fastest GTR in the world" but other than the shell, there's nothing GTR about the car.

Richard was jamming to tunes in a nice cooled AC car that he could have driven home to SD if he wanted too.

good freakin grief!

Dude, here you go again.

Does it not compute? The car is stripped down, you know, like a girlie at a go-go bar who takes it all off to the bare skin??

May be the "fastest GTR in the world" but other than the shell, there's nothing GTR about the car.

Richard was jamming to tunes in a nice cooled AC car that he could have driven home to SD if he wanted too.

good freakin grief!

I'm assuming a UGR X has a billet block, billet transmission / gears? Dog box? In fact I think the ETS transmission is closer in concept to OEM GTR, than a UGR X transmission is to OEM Lambo, no?

If you were talking about a 2R with a DCT sure, kind of, but the X isn't exactly OEM. Anyways i'm going to give up on the argument. I just don't get how a bunch of UGR cars racing each other is as entertaining, so I don't get why there's always so much hate when discussing the two platforms.

Dude, here you go again.

good freakin grief!

yes ,its stripped down. Who said it was not ? It has a GTR motor and GTR transmission.

Where as your precious lambo has an after market transmission. Far from OEM. With that being said obviously the Lambo is more a of a street car , that does not disqualify it from what it accomplished. Almost 245 mph in the half mile and you cant see that? 100-200lbs would not make a difference with the power they are making. They lightened it up for drag racing... give some respect where its due.

yes ,its stripped down. Who said it was not ? It has a GTR motor and GTR transmission.

Where as your precious lambo has an after market transmission. Far from OEM. With that being said obviously the Lambo is more a of a street car , that does not disqualify it from what it accomplished. Almost 245 mph in the half mile and you cant see that? 100-200lbs would not make a difference with the power they are making. They lightened it up for drag racing... give some respect where its due.

Gee, the point is that in order to achieve those speeds the car is stripped to the bone. May as well be a dragster because you sure as heck can't jump in and go to the local Piggly Wiggly and pick up a six pack of beer.

What UGR has done is shown the world that you don't have to own two cars to be a serious contender at these circuits.

do you savvy???

Gee, the point is that in order to achieve those speeds the car is stripped to the bone. May as well be a dragster because you sure as heck can't jump in and go to the local Piggly Wiggly and pick up a six pack of beer.

What UGR has done is shown the world that you don't have to own two cars to be a serious contender at these circuits.

do you savvy???

I think that's a stretch. No one is getting groceries in their UGR X on a dog box. You can, just like Tony @ T1 video of getting drive thru, but realistically, at 2,300+ whp, no one is daily driving these cars.

A Stage 3, or 1,200whp GTR, sure, but the top contenders at T1 are all race cars.

Edit: for the record, here is a GTR dragster, minor differences to the ETS car.....

do you savvy???

As Duhawks said at a Half Mile 2600FT , 100-200lbs of weight savings wont make a difference in the end. They were dealing with traction issues more than anything. You could add a passenger to Fowlers car and it will still run 245 mph. Add 250lbs to ETS car and it will still go 242.

get it??

I think that's a stretch. No one is getting groceries in their UGR X on a dog box. You can, just like Tony @ T1 video of getting drive thru, but realistically, at 2,300+ whp, no one is daily driving these cars.

A Stage 3, or 1,200whp GTR, sure, but the top contenders at T1 are all race cars.

Edit: for the record, here is a GTR dragster, minor differences to the ETS car.....

I drove UR3 every day to work, to the grocery store, the mall etc for 4 weeks straight. Now it's not the most enjoyable car in traffic so yes it's not a "daily" but it's still very very street able once you master the dogbox.

I drove UR3 every day to work, to the grocery store, the mall etc for 4 weeks straight. Now it's not the most enjoyable car in traffic so yes it's not a "daily" but it's still very very street able once you master the dogbox.

You don't count. You drove 247 in the 1/2. You are not representative of normal people :)

Exactly.

I can put glass windows (45lbs) on the ETS car, AC (25lbs) and 20inch R888 tires and drive it to CA from FL and back on E85 , get to the track and put whatever race fuel run it, then add E85 0r 93 load a 93 tune ( 60 seconds ) and drive it back. The engine is a Vr38 GTR engine and the transmission is GR6 built GTR OEM DCT transmission. Fuel is the variable in all of this.

No doubt the lambos are MORE street racing form. Just saying if i had unlimited budget i could tell ETS build be the same setup but i want OEM interior and AC. they would do it. car would still go 240+ in half mile. They are running monster turbos on a billet motor with a built tranny. Power is from the driveline the rest is optional...

Exactly.

I can put glass windows (45lbs) on the ETS car, AC (25lbs) and 20inch R888 tires and drive it to CA from FL and back on E85

🤔🤔🤔Right... Make sure you bring a few transmissions with you 😏

Right... Make sure you bring a few transmissions with you 😏

Because TT Lambos don't ever break or go up in flames? Some of these arguments are silly. Every tuner, on every platform, gets to where they are (the record breakers at least) but breaking shit and coming back stronger.

Because TT Lambos don't ever break or go up in flames? Some of these arguments are silly. Every tuner, on every platform, gets to where they are (the record breakers at least) but breaking shit and coming back stronger.

+1.

this is uncharted power territory on a built OEM tranny. the fact that it handles 2500WHP DCT is unreal. I remember the DCT's breaking first gear with 485hp. Thats 6 times the rear whp+...

Well really is the motor a Nissan GTR motor?

Its a Billet block from Willal Racing in South Australia. So it isn't even a stock block.

That is what makes the Lambo/R8 so great.

+1.

this is uncharted power territory on a built OEM tranny. the fact that it handles 2500WHP DCT is unreal. I remember the DCT's breaking first gear with 485hp. Thats 6 times the rear whp+...

Again... Hardly OEM... FFS it is full of aftermarket bits and pieces, Billet everything again from Willal racing.

All the Lambos you saw runing in Oregon are gonna be runing in TI in one month... So yes back to your original question most UGR cars always finish every event without any "SILLY" excuse like the other tuners (including Lambo and R8 tuners as well)

I never saw Kevin saying something like

- "we had 250 but the car had an issue with the transmission"

(even when 247 is closer to 250 than 244)

- "We almost won but one sensor went bad"

They just get it done... Without excuses or any drama...

2 forty 7. Who cares what the hell is in any of these cars. After seeing Cody going 217 years ago and owning a 2r, if someone would have told me someone is going 240+ in a half mile in a year or two I would have looked at you side ways and bet the house.

They already said they don't race in TI. Which sucks thats the fastest GTR in the world by far....

1 car vs all the 2500HP lambos... will be a slaughter fest

They won't race in TI? That's nuts... TI is The super bowl for roll racing...

1 shop car vs all UGR customers driving their cars 😏

Exactly.

I can put glass windows (45lbs) on the ETS car, AC (25lbs) and 20inch R888 tires and drive it to CA from FL and back on E85 , get to the track and put whatever race fuel run it, then add E85 0r 93 load a 93 tune ( 60 seconds ) and drive it back. The engine is a Vr38 GTR engine and the transmission is GR6 built GTR OEM DCT transmission. Fuel is the variable in all of this.

No doubt the lambos are MORE street racing form. Just saying if i had unlimited budget i could tell ETS build be the same setup but i want OEM interior and AC. they would do it. car would still go 240+ in half mile. They are running monster turbos on a billet motor with a built tranny. Power is from the driveline the rest is optional...

Its silly to compare a race car to a street car, esp since the race car couldn't go as fast as a street car with street tires in the 1/2 mile. There is a lot more than glass windows and AC missing from that GTR. Drive it across the country? What highway route across the country would you take to find a gas station every 20 min to refuel the 5 gallon fuel cell?

Trust me when I say this, no one would want to see us in a stripped race car with what we are doing in a full weight Lamborghini. Don't worry though, we have too much pride to shell out an exotic car and turn in into a tin can.

Just so there is NO confusion, we are running on a stock block. The transmission is an OEM Lamborghini transmission case, and also, you can get a new Huracan with a dogbox from the factory. ;)

Its silly to compare a race car to a street car, esp since the race car couldn't go as fast as a street car with street tires in the 1/2 mile. There is a lot more than glass windows and AC missing from that GTR. Drive it across the country? What highway route across the country would you take to find a gas station every 20 min to refuel the 5 gallon fuel cell?

Trust me when I say this, no one would want to see us in a stripped race car with what we are doing in a full weight Lamborghini. Don't worry though, we have too much pride to shell out an exotic car and turn in into a tin can.

Just so there is NO confusion, we are running on a stock block. The transmission is an OEM Lamborghini transmission case, and also, you can get a new Huracan with a dogbox from the factory. ;)

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NITROUS, KEVIN!?!?!!!!!!