URUS ready

Albert-LP

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eusa_dance:

looks cheap... :D

maybe that's the reason why here the dealership already sold 14 of them... :)

ciao

http://gtspirit.com/2017/02/07/lamborghini...auto-show-2017/

"We have it on good authority that Lamborghini are planning to launch the Lamborghini Urus at the Shanghai Auto Show 2017. The Lamborghini SUV has been anticipated for quite some time, however, speculation has began to build over the past few days following a series of interviews given by Lamborghini CEO Stefano Domenicali.

An interview released by Digital Trends reveals that pre-production of the Lamborghini Urus (evaluation models) will begin in April 2017 almost immediately after the Chinese release. It will prove a fitting debut as the Urus concept was first unveiled at the Beijing Auto Show 2012, prior to receiving the go ahead for production.

The Lamborghini Urus is expected to use the MLB platform with substantial modification to move it away from the Toureg, Cayenne and Q7. Lamborghini will engineer carbon fiber replacements for parts of the platform in order to give it that insane feeling every Lamborghini is born with.

It will be a numbers car with Lamborghini expecting to shift 3,500 per year alongside 3,500 supercars. The Sant’#### Bolognese, Italy is being expanded to cope with the additional strain imposed by increased production lines.

Lamborghini are expected to finally embrace hybrid technology with the Urus. We expect a hybrid version to launch at some point in the product life cycle. Domenicali also discussed the possibility of some semi-autonomous technology making it into a production Lamborghini for the first time."

3500 units!!!

Wow this is reminiscent of when Porsche came out with the Cayenne. The only good thing that came

of that was the CGT. Maybe Lambo will come up with a nice midrange hypercar.

Any idea what those wrapped sedans are?

The Urus looks cool but imo this is still the wrong move for them - it takes away from the brand cache. I wish I felt differently as I freaking LOVE Lamborghini but this move just doesn't make sense - VW should have kept the SUVs to brands like Audi, VW, Porsche... Even Bentley makes more sense than this. Why make one more variation and dilute the most 'exotic' brand they own? The only reason I bought an SUV was because we had a baby and needed something bigger. The mid-size SUVs don't really even work there as it's incredibly hard to get car seats in and out / it significantly reduces the legroom of the front passenger.

I'm sure it'll look awesome and perform well (for an SUV) but I'm just not sure who the target audience is here. None of us has posters of mid-size SUVs on our walls growing up.

The Urus looks cool but imo this is still the wrong move for them - it takes away from the brand cache. I wish I felt differently as I freaking LOVE Lamborghini but this move just doesn't make sense - VW should have kept the SUVs to brands like Audi, VW, Porsche... Even Bentley makes more sense than this. Why make one more variation and dilute the most 'exotic' brand they own? The only reason I bought an SUV was because we had a baby and needed something bigger. The mid-size SUVs don't really even work there as it's incredibly hard to get car seats in and out / it significantly reduces the legroom of the front passenger.

I'm sure it'll look awesome and perform well (for an SUV) but I'm just not sure who the target audience is here. None of us has posters of mid-size SUVs on our walls growing up.

Trust me the demand for a raised sides four seats Lamborghini is so high you cannot even imagine. It's not a SUV: the F150 and RAM are SUV, while the Urus is just a raised sides four seat supersport car.

ciao

looks cheap... :D

maybe that's the reason why here the dealership already sold 14 of them... :)

ciao

I will have 1000 at that price, I will hand them out as birthday gifts haha

Trust me the demand for a raised sides four seats Lamborghini is so high you cannot even imagine. It's not a SUV: the F150 and RAM are SUV, while the Urus is just a raised sides four seat supersport car.

ciao

Agree, look how the Cayenne helped sales for Porsche

I'm not buying it either.

THIS year they are on track for ~4,000 cars. Direct from Lambo

Obviously that is with 0 SUVs, and on track for ~1,300 Aventadors and ~2,700 Huracans. They will already break the 3,500 car cap THIS year. Or what, at the end of October they just stop delivering cars for the rest of the year?

I applaud their effort, but they are in the CAR MANUFACTURING business. They will make/sell 1 less car then there is demand for, just like Ferrari. And none of us would do anything differently if we were running the company either.

Don't forget to factor in the they take a nice little vacation during the year so the factory does have a significant amount of down time.

The only little nugget of sunlight I see is that a Q5 does not ride or drive like a Macan.

But the Bentyaga is such a pink elephant in a room crowded with SUVs.

I just don't see how this Urus is going to be so niche that it's USP makes it irresistible to buyers.

But I think Lambo should buck the SUV trend and should have made a wild saloon. Based on a S8/S7 platform, sucide rear doors and slick styling.

You know me ... couldn't resist after seeing those test mule photos:

2018_urus_test_mule_5.jpg

Ski box installed

2018_urus_test_mule_6.jpg

Towing hook possible ?

2018_urus_test_mule_7.jpg

Different wheels

2018_urus_test_mule_14.jpg

2018_urus_test_mule_15.jpg

Looks like a 360° surround view camera?

2018_urus_test_mule_20.jpg

My friend not even your wonderful magic can save this car for me, hopefully it will look better when released, subtle design details can make a world of difference, let's hope that they are there but hidden, so far I am less than impressed.

Low and mean ...

2018_urus_test_mule_23.jpg

Ok ok :icon_mrgreen:

We getting there LOL

Now I know what the problem is, I don't want a jacked up SUV, if it's sleek and low to the ground as your design (maybe not that low :icon_mrgreen: ) I think I can learn to like it.

Make mine Grigio Telesto with some green or yellow calipers and a nice big concave monoblok wheel. And raise it just a little bit. Too slammed looks rice.

Must be the Estoque!!

Probably a Phaeton or A8 mule realistically. Doesn't look like a Flying Spur.

And whether people believe it or not this car will sell. Same rhetoric as the Cayenne. Was going to dilute the brand, not sporty, why would they make an SUV, and then it became their best selling vehicle by a fair margin. The Macan then doubled that success again.

Much easier to convince a wealthy family to buy an SUV that can carry 4 or 5 comfortably than a 2 seat mid-engined car. Like the new Bentley and soon Rolls SUVs, it will be a niche market. By I have no doubt Lamborghini will sell all 3,500 annually.

And then, and only then, the next $1MM+ Lambo will be truly something unique, with a different chassis and engine then the existing models. We should all hope the Urus is very successful, because whatever they are able to build because of it will then show up as a poster on your 10 year old's wall (or rather iPad wallpaper)...

Must be the Estoque!!

Probably a Phaeton or A8 mule realistically. Doesn't look like a Flying Spur.

And whether people believe it or not this car will sell. Same rhetoric as the Cayenne. Was going to dilute the brand, not sporty, why would they make an SUV, and then it became their best selling vehicle by a fair margin. The Macan then doubled that success again.

Much easier to convince a wealthy family to buy an SUV that can carry 4 or 5 comfortably than a 2 seat mid-engined car. Like the new Bentley and soon Rolls SUVs, it will be a niche market. By I have no doubt Lamborghini will sell all 3,500 annually.

And then, and only then, the next $1MM+ Lambo will be truly something unique, with a different chassis and engine then the existing models. We should all hope the Urus is very successful, because whatever they are able to build because of it will then show up as a poster on your 10 year old's wall (or rather iPad wallpaper)...

Not sure I agree.

When the Cayenne was released the SUV market was limited. Only Range Rover had a product with global appeal and sold.

Now the market place is different. Lambo are late to the party and they are not piggy backing with Porsche's know how so all of these other brands have a head start on their product.

I think it's a great idea, I always have a big 4x4 or estate

Problem for me is that it will be too flash to use every day, black Range Rover or Audi goes under the radar and doesn't upset people. but I would love one of these or Bentayga or the new Rolls depending on which i like best, but just can't justify another extra car. If it goes well enough like Ferrari FF then I can see them selling a lot as the in between market is a big one. I have a Bentley that I see as sitting in the same bracket, 4 seats luxury, problem is everybody hates you, so funny to watch in traffic. People literally would rather crash than let you out at junctions, in the Lambo they fall over themselves to let you out, it's an amusing contrast.

Biggie for me will be how the boot opens as it looks quite high at the back like BMW X6, if its high lipped it would kill it for me as I have a dog with me constantly

Make mine Grigio Telesto with some green or yellow calipers and a nice big concave monoblok wheel. And raise it just a little bit. Too slammed looks rice.

The black one was meant to be lowered to the extreme, over the top, sorry about that.

Perhaps this is more what you have in mind:

2018_urus_test_mule_24.jpg