Factory Racing Exhaust plus tune for AVSV!

TeamSalamone

No factory exhaust option for the 2017 SV yet I am told by the dealers?

Any news or options?

The most recent update (as of this week) is that the ETA for both of the following for MY2017 Aventadors (including SVs) is mid-March:

* Sound Performance Tuning (software-only)

* Sports Exhaust System (the software part that accompanies the hardware)

Since summer of last year, the factory has been saying "soon, maybe in a month" for the above. It sounds like the software people at VW AG have been overwhelmed with the bigger fish they've had to fry (i.e. Dieselgate). Hopefully, the dust is settling on that a bit and we'll see these upgrades for the 2017+ Aventadors soon.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup, it will become available for all 2017 MY Aventadors.

I was first informed by the factory in December 2016 that no racing exhaust available for my 2017, but then I talked to the Director of after sales at the Huracan Performante again about the matter. He said Lambo/VW are working out the kinks and the racing exhaust for my 2017 SV Roadster will be available soon.

I rather install factory racing exhaust than any after market ones to keep the warranty intact AND no CELs.

• 3 weeks later...
Any updates on this and if supply is yet available?

Thanks

Yes, they stopped supplying them due to the recall, once they performed the campaign on your car you can order the exhaust, mine is on the way.

Yes, they stopped supplying them due to the recall, once they performed the campaign on your car you can order the exhaust, mine is on the way.

But still no tune correct?

Is there a difference from model year 2015 (euro) to 2017 (euro) since there is an exhaust for 2015-2016 but NOT 2017?

has engine changes or software happened?

found a 2015 (euro) that I like but there are 2017 available as well. if theres a change then is it one worth thinking about?

But still no tune correct?

I was told it comes with software, I asked for the sound tune and the tech said the exhaust software will cancel it so I shouldn't waste my money on the sound tune, I am confused as hell, the only thing I know is that I will have a race exhaust soon which will be a lot louder than the one I got now LOL.

The race exhaust will work, sound-wise, by itself without the software. But it comes with the software which will be activitated when the dealer supply the VIN and the S/N of the exhaust along with the owner signing the disclaimer, i.e. the factory having received all of the just mentioned will upload the software to the dealer which in turn will upload the same onto the car. And yes, uploading the race exhaust software will wipe any existing exhaust software from the CPU so there is no point on getting the sound upgrade if a race exhaust is on the way.

The race exhaust will work, sound-wise, by itself without the software. But it comes with the software which will be activitated when the dealer supply the VIN and the S/N of the exhaust along with the owner signing the disclaimer, i.e. the factory having received all of the just mentioned will upload the software to the dealer which in turn will upload the same onto the car. And yes, uploading the race exhaust software will wipe any existing exhaust software from the CPU so there is no point on getting the sound upgrade if a race exhaust is on the way.

Thanks for confirming that, signed the waiver so ready to go right after the recall work is performed.

Lamborghini makes it so complicated.

Lamborghini makes it so complicated.

I am still confused. So I have a 2017 at the dealer that is about to be delivered. Recall was caught at factory before it left the factory so all that is done. I think they have an exhaust but they are saying the tune has not been released yet.

So has the tune been released? Or can I go ahead and have them install exhaust with no CEL??

I am still confused. So I have a 2017 at the dealer that is about to be delivered. Recall was caught at factory before it left the factory so all that is done. I think they have an exhaust but they are saying the tune has not been released yet.

So has the tune been released? Or can I go ahead and have them install exhaust with no CEL??

you can install with no cel etc.. the tune should be coming this month from what i heard

I find it extremely noisy on my SV R , maybe it's my ear drums or age, but I'm considering going back to the old exhaust once I chrome the tips or polish them as the standard tips are not good quality and tend to rust a bit lol . So if u want really loud then go for it.

I like the material of the tips in race exhaust and that is probably all as they look shiny and better quality stainless steel.

Plus I heard somewhere here that someone dynoed it and it produced less HP or something ?!

And the surround that it comes with simply does not fit on the SV because it was really designed for Lp700 not the SV.

Thanks, are tips like Team.S?

yes exactly the same.. you don't want the shroud, looks horrible IMO the dual tips look great!

yes exactly the same.. you don't want the shroud, looks horrible IMO the dual tips look great!

Cool thanks, so do I need to instruct them to leave the shroud off?

I find it extremely noisy on my SV R , maybe it's my ear drums or age, but I'm considering going back to the old exhaust once I chrome the tips or polish them as the standard tips are not good quality and tend to rust a bit lol . So if u want really loud then go for it.

I like the material of the tips in race exhaust and that is probably all as they look shiny and better quality stainless steel.

Plus I heard somewhere here that someone dynoed it and it produced less HP or something ?!

And the surround that it comes with simply does not fit on the SV because it was really designed for Lp700 not the SV.

Yup the factory sport exhaust plus tuning for the exhaust made someone lose power on dyno

This tune is different from the 'sound tuning' package.

Yup the factory sport exhaust plus tuning for the exhaust made someone lose power on dyno

Then what the hell is the point of having a race exhaust if you really lose power? Just noise.

It would be good if someone can test that and ascertain the truth.

Cool thanks, so do I need to instruct them to leave the shroud off?

Actually, you won't need to. The hexagonal shroud/surround will not fit on the SV so they won't be able to mount it anyway. Moreover, why would anyone mount this somewhat ordinary piece to cover the beautiful twin-rectangular chrome tips that has a Lamborghini script?

Then what the hell is the point of having a race exhaust if you really lose power? Just noise.

It would be good if someone can test that and ascertain the truth.

Please see below.

:rolleyes:

Welcome to 10 months ago! This is old news. Like raylambo said, the race exhaust (i.e. hardware and software) was originally for the LP700-4. When the LP750SV came out, this same exhaust was designed to be "physically compatible" with the SV, i.e. it will fit. But the tune on the SV is obviously different and a few had decided to dyno the car before and after the install. The shocking news was a) most of the hp gains were at the top-band instead of the claimed mid-band; b ) some cars actually lost hp! A few dealerships informed Lamborghini SpA on the issue, i.e. while the race exhaust fits, it won't have any hp benefits on the SV (typical Italian oversight). Consequently, Lambo SpA stopped selling the race exhaust for a few months in order to rewrite the software for the SV. The funny part is the new software is good up to all the MY16 SV's only. They are still working on the MY17 software (which is rumoured to be readied very soon but they had been saying that since November 2016). No idea on the firmware difference between the MY16 and MY17 SV's.

The USD40k Balboni exhaust does not have any hp gain either; it only looks and sounds good. But there obviously are clients more than willing to pay for one.