pakisho

Presidential Election  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

^^^^^ there's your answer, albeit on the other side. We've grown to think it's ok and justified to ridicule the folks with differing views than our own. It's funny in the moment, but says a lot about where we'll eventually end up if we keep crawling down that rabbit hole.

Seems its more a result of a country with a Very low power distance, other places peoplw wouldnt even consider doing this

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems its more a result of a country with a Very low power distance, other places peoplw wouldnt even consider doing this

Well, yeah... All the "Im terrified of the coming fascism" nonsense... No... You're not... If you're trully personally terrified of somebody... You dont verbally assault their loved ones for fear of retribution. Only in America do people feel safe to do this... And it makes a mockery of terms like fascism, hitler, etc...

You know that even the israeli court deemed the settlements as illegal right?

Only for a particular settlement, and IMO that means nothing. The United States Supreme Court can make some crazy determinations as well. Israel has hardcore left-wingers just like the U.S. does. All of the claims about the Israeli settlements being illegal rests on the claim that the land was taken illegally when Israel defended itself in the Six Day War in 1967. Also IMO the votes at the UN on Israel have nothing to do with law, they are about anti-Semitism. Just look at the record of the UN Security Council on Israel.

How about trump basically wanting to start a cold war again with all the nuclear capabilities talk?

How about his ambassador to israel wanting a one state solution?

It´s interesting because renown physicist Brian Cox was recently asked about what the reasons might be on why we haven´t found intelligent alien life. And his answer was along the lines that maybe it just simply is not possible for any life to keep the polictical, educational etc. level rising at even speed with our capabilities to destroy our selfes and to spread information to all classes(fit or unfit to handle them).

Looking at this thread, there are alot of die-hard, almost tribal supporters on both sides(especially looking at some posts that could be straight out of breitbart) when in fact we should be critically analyzing alle sides and then drawing a conclusion.

That does not bode well for the future of mankind.

How about trump basically wanting to start a cold war again with all the nuclear capabilities talk?

It´s interesting because renown physicist Brian Cox was recently asked about what the reasons might be on why we haven´t found intelligent alien life. And his answer was along the lines that maybe it just simply is not possible for any life to keep the polictical, educational etc. level rising at even speed with our capabilities to destroy our selfes and to spread information to all classes(fit or unfit to handle them).

Looking at this thread, there are alot of die-hard, almost tribal supporters on both sides(especially looking at some posts that could be straight out of breitbart) when in fact we should be critically analyzing alle sides and then drawing a conclusion.

While I am strongly against a nuclear arms race, the DoD is in dire need of updating it's nuclear arsenal. Our nuclear triad has been neglected for decades because it's a political time bomb. Every arm of our nuclear defense is old nearly to the point of negligence (save the B-2). Our ICBMs and SLBMs are beginning to age out. The B-52 and KC-135 are 60 years old. And the Ohio class SSBN is starting to push 40 years old (first commissioned in 1976).

Russia got handed a gift basket in the START I & II treaties. We handcuffed, basically, any domestic nuclear development and let them do as they pleased because we figured they couldn't afford to do any research. Now, Russia has just commissioned a brand new ICBM and is well ahead of us in developing a hypersonic delivery vehicle. Nuclear weapons have a shelf life (ie: half life) so we can't just not do anything and try and forget about them.

So, while even the concept of nuclear weapons doesn't appeal to me they are a necessary evil. Do we need thousands of them? No. I think we should start dropping numbers as we retire old weapons and replace them with newer technology.

As for arguing about aliens...yes that's one theory. Or maybe there aren't any. Kind of hard to have a really intelligent discussion about something that has literally no science behind it besides the belief that us being alone in the universe is a huge waste of space IMO.

Agreed. This is one thing that is bothering me most. The tensions are the highest they have ever been. It seems like this has all been a chess game to Russia, they are making their moves, and are headed in the right direction. Whatever that direction may be, but I smell BS from Putin.

I also agree with StoleIt. I am all for defense, especially improving our systems which are in dire need of improvement. Better to be prepared than to not. I'm all for nuclear disarmament, but it won't happen.

That is why our greatest threat to extinction of mankind has always been ourselves. Hopefully intelligence cathes up to technology. Who knows, maybe Watson will be our next president and will take all of the humans out :lol2:

Panic, panic, panic based on lots of assumptions without proper knowledge and insight, what's new?

Not a good place for anyone to be, things are not as bleak, everyone to a certain extent wants the same thing so look at things from that perspective.

Panic, panic, panic based on lots of assumptions without proper knowledge and insight, what's new?

Not a good place for anyone to be, things are not as bleak, everyone to a certain extent wants the same thing so look at things from that perspective.

If alligations are true, Russia hacked to get DT the presidency. If this is true and DT was aware, he owes Russia some favors.

If not, they hacked to make sure Clinton didn't win for some reason. Reason being unknown, they now have their man in office and are going back and forth with this "arms" rhetoric.

When has Russia really cared about US relations? Now, there is only one man Putin respects, and that is Trump? Not everyone wants the same things, which is why there are disagreements.

We will see. I'm not panicking, just suspicious.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Fortis Im gonna tell you the same thing I told everyone here 4 years ago when everyone was drinking the Romney juice.

You are high off your ass, Ann Coulter-crazy if you think Donald Trump should win, could win or will win.

End subject.

Four months later and still just as sweet now as the night of November 8th

:lol:

Donald Trump does not want to re-start any Cold War with Russia (or China). Russia and China decided to start a Cold War with the United States by increasing their nuclear capabilities, which is a provocative action and one that will engender a response. Weakness has never worked in the face of such hostilities. The Soviets did not stop in the face of weakness, they slowed down in the face of strength.

Regarding Israel, the one-state solution is IMO the only solution. The "Two-State Solution" is IMO one of the dumbest ideas in the history of dumb ideas. It will never work. The reasoning behind it is completely backwards. It isn't that a two-state solution is the way to peace, it is that peace is the only way to a viable two-state solution. The only state that the Palestinians will accept is where they get half of Jerusalem. Aside from demographically destroying Israel, this would lead to three things:

1) The Palestinians then demanding ALL of Jerusalem and the complete elimination of Israel

2) Having a massive new geographic advantage from which to attack Israel from.

3) Israel being at a severe disadvantage geographically and population-wise to be able to defend itself

When Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005, the Palestinians went in and started using it as a base to launch attacks at Israel from. Then they went and were using all the cement and concrete being sent to them to construct a network of tunnels from there to use to further attack Israel. If they are allowed the form of "state" that they desire and the two-state proponents want, they will simply engage in the same behavior.

The entire concept of the two-state solution, IMO, needs to be thrown out and disregarded. The only way to have any semblance of a permanent peace is the continuation of settlements and maintenance of a permanent defensive posture on Israel's part. Netanyahu gets accused of not wanting peace (because according to the international elites, only if you support the two-state solution is that a desire for peace). IMO, peace is precisely what he wants, but he is a realist.

As for aliens, well for one, it would be incredibly difficult for aliens to find us in the time we have currently been in existence and two, what makes anyone think aliens themselves would be peaceful and not violent like humans are?

If alligations are true, Russia hacked to get DT the presidency. If this is true and DT was aware, he owes Russia some favors.

If not, they hacked to make sure Clinton didn't win for some reason. Reason being unknown, they now have their man in office and are going back and forth with this "arms" rhetoric.

When has Russia really cared about US relations? Now, there is only one man Putin respects, and that is Trump? Not everyone wants the same things, which is why there are disagreements.

Russia has cared about U.S. relations for a long time IMO. They were very concerned with Ronald Reagan and have since been concerned with regards to things like calls to add Ukraine to NATO.

Concern yourself with controlables, it is very possible that none of the stuff you think it's true it is actually true and even if it is there is less than zero you can do about it, if it isn't true you stressed and panicked for nothing, control your controllables, be concerned and take preventative actions if you are worried but do not allow it to consume you, it will if you allow it and your performance will suffer, it doesn't just apply to this it applies to everything in general, life, business, etc.

Unfortunately there is a lot you don't know and you can not make or have an educated opinion, in that instance people tend to panic, cool cucumbers stay calm, analyse the situation they are in and make it work to their own advantage, the rest panic, stress and lose focus. I am not trying to disrespect anyone here but that's a major trait which separates successful people from the rest, successful people have the ability to think and stay calm under pressure, most worry about pure facts only, things they know first hand.

In my instance if a problem arises, I calmly analyze the situation try to learn everything there is to know about the situation, people and factors involved, know my best and worse case scenarios, try to fix said situation, if I can't that means said situation isn't fixable, take alternative measures and/or actions, if nothing works what's the point of worrying if the outcome is the same. Having the ability to stay calm under pressure remove stress is one of the most important key to success, sorry I digress, I just wanted to explain the correlation and the reason why I made my previous comment.

What can you do if Putin works deals with Trump? The answer is nothing, what if he works some great deals where the Russians can control the shit that's happening in the ME? I have no idea what's going on behind close doors just throwing in some what ifs.

The majority selected their president you have to have some faith, you know the guy is all about looking after the american public, maybe in order for him to do so few deals with the devil have to be worked out :icon_mrgreen:

Four months later and still just as sweet now as the night of November 8th

:lol:

Foot meet mouth LOL

You should never say never.

Concern yourself with controlables, it is very possible that none of the stuff you think it's true it is actually true and even if it is there is less than zero you can do about it, if it isn't true you stressed and panicked for nothing, control your controllables, be concerned and take preventative actions if you are worried but do not allow it to consume you, it will if you allow it and your performance will suffer, it doesn't just apply to this it applies to everything in general, life, business, etc.

Unfortunately there is a lot you don't know and you can not make or have an educated opinion, in that instance people tend to panic, cool cucumbers stay calm, analyse the situation they are in and make it work to their own advantage, the rest panic, stress and lose focus. I am not trying to disrespect anyone here but that's a major trait which separates successful people from the rest, successful people have the ability to think and stay calm under pressure, most worry about pure facts only, things they know first hand.

In my instance if a problem arises, I calmly analyze the situation try to learn everything there is to know about the situation, people and factors involved, know my best and worse case scenarios, try to fix said situation, if I can't that means said situation isn't fixable, take alternative measures and/or actions, if nothing works what's the point of worrying if the outcome is the same. Having the ability to stay calm under pressure remove stress is one of the most important key to success, sorry I digress, I just wanted to explain the correlation and the reason why I made my previous comment.

What can you do if Putin works deals with Trump? The answer is nothing, what if he works some great deals where the Russians can control the shit that's happening in the ME? I have no idea what's going on behind close doors just throwing in some what ifs.

The majority selected their president you have to have some faith, you know the guy is all about looking after the american public, maybe in order for him to do so few deals with the devil have to be worked out :icon_mrgreen:

I agree. I should be banned from the political thread :D.

I am not rich/powerful enough to know what is going on. I just keep moving forward with my own life accordingly, and could care less. Only reason I "kind of" got into politics was because of the election. I never watch CNN/discuss politics...waste of time. I'm sure the best decisions will be made by the people who are paid to make them and not me!

When I talk about being concerned, it's just a hunch. I post to revisit and see if I'm right. And I hope I'm wrong!

I am not rich/powerful enough to know what is going on. I just keep moving forward with my own life accordingly, and could care less. Only reason I "kind of" got into politics was because of the election. I never watch CNN/discuss politics...waste of time. I'm sure the best decisions will be made by the people who are paid to make them and not me!

When I talk about being concerned, it's just a hunch. I post to revisit and see if I'm right. And I hope I'm wrong!

So you are saying you are rich/powerful to some degree....? :) :)

Fortis, just to make sure I am not misunderstanding your post, when you say, "most worry about pure facts only," do you mean regular people who panic or the people who stay calm?

I don't think it comes down to being rich and powerful, it's about knowing exactly what's going on and unfortunately none of us know what they are cooking behind closed doors, majority of our opinions are based on assumptions, they manipulate the media and tell you want they want you to hear etc. 99% of us are being kept in the dark and on need to know basis, hence why I am not stressing about it, politicians to a certain degree are all the same.

Trump does say some silly things and at times behaves like the creepy uncle but it's a welcome change in a sea of career politicians which are mainly concerned with maintaining the establishment and the status quo, maybe a crazy guy like him it's what's required in order to shake the establishment, let's wait and see.

Also please don't misunderstand what I was trying to say, I am not trying to suppress your right to your opinion, we are all entitled to our own opinions, I am only trying to avoid you the stress and frustration which is very likely to be futile.

Fortis, just to make sure I am not misunderstanding your post, when you say, "most worry about pure facts only," do you mean regular people who panic or the people who stay calm?

Sorry, I am typing on my phone, I meant people who stay calm, generally you seek first hand information before you act/form an opinion but in these situations it's very difficult that's why I HATE politics, lots of things happen behind closed doors.

As you mentioned Fortis.. the only drawback with politics is the discussions behind closed doors. In which case you have to extrapolate and look at whats good for the goose. Usually it means follow the money. I also find it refreshing that despite DJTs short comings he is energetic and not a career politician.