Factory ecu tune , sound performance upgrade, grooming

SAMLAMBO

Not available on MY17 cars yet. Still waiting on it. I have a feeling the factory is not releasing them until they figure out the powerloss on some tunes with some earlier cars.

Absolutely true! Although factory claimed that they have figured it out and will be releasing the software some time in November. So supposedly not too far away then.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not available on MY17 cars yet. Still waiting on it. I have a feeling the factory is not releasing them until they figure out the powerloss on some tunes with some earlier cars.

I will order the race exhaust hopefully the factory tuning for MY17 will be ready by then, are you still on factory exhaust ?

I will order the race exhaust hopefully the factory tuning for MY17 will be ready by then, are you still on factory exhaust ?

The race exhaust comes with the tune. You can't order it without being approved for the tune.

I just had the flap stuck open at all times. Simple mod and sounds glorious.

The race exhaust comes with the tune. You can't order it without being approved for the tune.

I just had the flap stuck open at all times. Simple mod and sounds glorious.

I will get that done until the race exhaust and software gets sorted.

so the MY 17 SV race exhaust/tune isn't available yet?

It's "half available". I.e. If the dealership has the exhaust hardware, they can install the actual exhaust piece onto the car. The car will still be drivable and the exhaust note will have an obvious audiable difference. To obtain the proper software, one needs to sign a form that includes the race exhaust's S/N and the VIN; the dealership then submits the form back to the factory. The factory will then forward the software required for that particular car to the dealership which in turn will upload it to the car's ECU to complete the installation. So all the hardware install can be done prior but the software for MY17 cars are not yet available but supposedly forthcoming soon.

I have the race exhaust on order, it arrives on Wednesday. I really want to install it but some of the power loss issues mentioned here are concerning, is there any way of telling which models might suffer from this problem?

Thanks but I seriously doubt the factory would do such a thing

Don't need to dyno it coz I can easily feel the power gains unlike my previous tunes.

Someone posted this sometime ago after the tune , 757hp. But honestly I don't even need to see the chat to make any sense of it coz I for one can easily feel the gains.

post-13156-1477923324.jpg

That dyno you are posting has nothing to do with before and after the factory exhaust and tune. All it is showing is how much an Aventador is putting down in wheels power 623hp vs engine 757hp. You didnt think that the car picked up 134hp with exhaust and tune right? Here is the post from 07pearl a member here I have spoken to in detail. He dropped $15k on his factory race exhaust and tune and this is his dyno sheet. You can look at this post in the "VB Exhaust" post in the general section. I am going to quote him here for you.

Here is My dyno sheet attached. I was waiting to see what the factory would do to fix this before posting a sheet but its been months and I havnt gotten a response besides them saying it made power up top so its good. This is unacceptable to me for 15k and advertising a gain of 10percent in the mid range.

green is fully stock

blue is with the exhast and tune

red is with exhaust only after my tech took the tune back off to see what would happen and surprising it made a bit more power up top but same loss low and mid range.

post-13156-1477923069.jpg

The above is an actual dyno before and after the race exhaust and tune. The car picked up 16whp uptop but lost power in the mid range. Its been over 3 months and no word from factory. If you are happy with it great, but i have been around high hp cars all my life and there is no "butt dyno" that is ever accurate. Whats really funny is that 07pearl felt the same way. After he picked up the car from the dealer, he was like OMG this thing is awesome feels faster blah blah because the valves open earlier, and car is louder it gives you that feeling but only true way is to dyno the car before or after or VBOX the car to see if it is any faster 60-130 compared to any other stock aventador!

aventadorDyno2.jpg

The above is an actual dyno before and after the race exhaust and tune. The car picked up 16whp uptop but lost power in the mid range. Its been over 3 months and no word from factory. If you are happy with it great, but i have been around high hp cars all my life and there is no "butt dyno" that is ever accurate. Whats really funny is that 07pearl felt the same way. After he picked up the car from the dealer, he was like OMG this thing is awesome feels faster blah blah because the valves open earlier, and car is louder it gives you that feeling but only true way is to dyno the car before or after or VBOX the car to see if it is any faster 60-130 compared to any other stock aventador!

You've got a point but in all honesty I felt the difference right away in Strada mode otherwise I would not have even brought up this thread to begin with. Only later 6-7 minutes into the drive I switched to corsa mode and loved the sound to.

I was also at the agent today and brought up this matter. They mentioned that none of the 15 cars they have done are disappointed with it. Also my Programme just came in last week from factory after submitting my VIN number to them so surely it would be the latest programe?

Different dynoes give different readings and I hate stressing my car out on the dyno. Again I for one felt the power gains right away so much so that I don't need to dyno it to justify the tune.

So is the factory really giving us a tune that will bring the power down? Surely they would have done their homework right, I mean this is Lamborghini we are speaking of and I would feel the power loss to. I have been playing with cars for close to 20yrs, even had my 2003 Murcie tuned and in all honesty the tune didn't feel anywhere as good as this one .

Not saying your wrong bro, just giving you my honest opinion on my tune. Maybe there were tunes from the factory before which needed to be corrected. It's Lamborghinis reputation at stake here.

I have the race exhaust on order, it arrives on Wednesday. I really want to install it but some of the power loss issues mentioned here are concerning, is there any way of telling which models might suffer from this problem?

No harm asking your agent about this power loss, see what thy have to say

You've got a point but in all honesty I felt the difference right away in Strada mode otherwise I would not have even brought up this thread to begin with. Only later 6-7 minutes into the drive I switched to corsa mode and loved the sound to.

I was also at the agent today and brought up this matter. They mentioned that none of the 15 cars they have done are disappointed with it. Also my Programme just came in last week from factory after submitting my VIN number to them so surely it would be the latest programe?

Different dynoes give different readings and I hate stressing my car out on the dyno. Again I for one felt the power gains right away so much so that I don't need to dyno it to justify the tune.

So is the factory really giving us a tune that will bring the power down? Surely they would have done their homework right, I mean this is Lamborghini we are speaking of and I would feel the power loss to. I have been playing with cars for close to 20yrs, even had my 2003 Murcie tuned and in all honesty the tune didn't feel anywhere as good as this one .

Not saying your wrong bro, just giving you my honest opinion on my tune. Maybe there were tunes from the factory before which needed to be corrected. It's Lamborghinis reputation at stake here.

07pearl just got his tune 3 months ago and its the latest one. Let me give you a little example of how accurate a "butt dyno" is these days. I was about to pull a trigger on a 911 Turbo a couple of months ago and sent the car for PPI at a Porsche dealership. Comes back with flying color except a single code. I speak to the master mechanic who tells me point blank "this is one of the strongest 911 Turbos i have driven and i bet it has a tune cause it is so fast blah blah." Dig in more and ask them to figure out what this code was and come to find out one of the turbos wasnt even fcuking working lol. Car was making only 7lbs of boost and this master guy that drives 911 Turbos for life thought it was the fastest one he has driven.

Doing one or two runs on a dyno doesnt stress the car any more than you taking the car to redline. Hell even less cause with dyno its a single pull in 4th gear. On the streets i take car from to red line from 2nd to 5th without blinking. At the Lamborghini Esperienza in Houston last year, the Aventadors were driven around the track from 9am to 5pm non stop and they spent the entire day between 4000-8000rpm without a hick up. We are talking all day and you think putting a car on a dyno for a run or two is going to stress the car?

And yes, Lamborghini does funky shit. Sad part is this right here is the exact reason they do. The fact I have to even convince anyone that drops $15k on an upgrade that supposed to add power that dont spend $200 for a dyno. Lamborghini knows that 99% of owners will never dyno their car and will pat themselves on the back. Pretty much every Aventador I have seen puts down somewhere around 625-635awp on a dynojet. So the numbers are very very consistent. So even now you can put your car on a dyno and see if it is in that range or 40-50whp higher. Like i said, i know you are happy but i am willing to make you a small wager you didn't gain 8% in power or i will reimburse your dyno fee :)

SAM - did you get the remap AND exhaust or just software upgrade?

The race exhaust drops 80 lbs on OEM, and I'm talking OEM SV exhaust...

on the SV it also looks 10x better than OEM. I hate those 4 small pipes coming out.

07pearl just got his tune 3 months ago and its the latest one. Let me give you a little example of how accurate a "butt dyno" is these days. I was about to pull a trigger on a 911 Turbo a couple of months ago and sent the car for PPI at a Porsche dealership. Comes back with flying color except a single code. I speak to the master mechanic who tells me point blank "this is one of the strongest 911 Turbos i have driven and i bet it has a tune cause it is so fast blah blah." Dig in more and ask them to figure out what this code was and come to find out one of the turbos wasnt even fcuking working lol. Car was making only 7lbs of boost and this master guy that drives 911 Turbos for life thought it was the fastest one he has driven.

Doing one or two runs on a dyno doesnt stress the car any more than you taking the car to redline. Hell even less cause with dyno its a single pull in 4th gear. On the streets i take car from to red line from 2nd to 5th without blinking. At the Lamborghini Esperienza in Houston last year, the Aventadors were driven around the track from 9am to 5pm non stop and they spent the entire day between 4000-8000rpm without a hick up. We are talking all day and you think putting a car on a dyno for a run or two is going to stress the car?

And yes, Lamborghini does funky shit. Sad part is this right here is the exact reason they do. The fact I have to even convince anyone that drops $15k on an upgrade that supposed to add power that dont spend $200 for a dyno. Lamborghini knows that 99% of owners will never dyno their car and will pat themselves on the back. Pretty much every Aventador I have seen puts down somewhere around 625-635awp on a dynojet. So the numbers are very very consistent. So even now you can put your car on a dyno and see if it is in that range or 40-50whp higher. Like i said, i know you are happy but i am willing to make you a small wager you didn't gain 8% in power or i will reimburse your dyno fee :)

Thanks for sharing bro.

Just the software upgrade. Plan on getting the factory race exhaust but first I got to get it homologated coz they are very strict here and don't wanna get pulled over. It's worth the effort just for the weight savings to begin with.

Tell me, the stock SV exhaust is 80 lbs heavier than the race exhaust? That's a lot coz I thought the SV exhaust is already lighter to begin with.

I've long suspected the software that goes with the race exhaust is more to do with it not having the valves and so removing them from the system than any sort of different fuel mapping for it and just relying on the secondary cats being removed from the muffler for the claimed power gain which was all mid range.

From what people are saying it looks like the lambo race exhaust like most aftermarket just makes it louder but no performance gain and possibly a little loss.

TBH i would take a very minor loss for it to sound much better, very few people will ever use it to even a fraction of its performance ability, but sounds you can actually appreciate and it really makes the car.

Also in my experience there is literally nothing in it between cars with factory/race etc stock and aftermarket, in reality on the road they won't pul on each other in any discernible way except the driver.

I've got the sound software and capristo on my SV, the only difference i have noticed except sound is that the car is definately getting faster the more miles that go on it, put miles on the cars if you want if faster rather than an exhaust i reckon.

I put the exhaust on for the sound but it is not massively louder than a stock one, a bit yeah, and worth too me but i doubt it would be to a lot of people.

Just the software upgrade. Plan on getting the factory race exhaust but first I got to get it homologated coz they are very strict here and don't wanna get pulled over. It's worth the effort just for the weight savings to begin with.

Tell me, the stock SV exhaust is 80 lbs heavier than the race exhaust? That's a lot coz I thought the SV exhaust is already lighter to begin with.

I didnt weigh the sv exhaust but as far as i can tell its the same weight and design as the standard aventador but with different tips, it could have better cats in it but i doubt it. Its frickin heavy!

i weighed the standard A exhaust i changed, so there is a thread on that somewhere and if people want to know ha have the sv one to hand so i could just pop it on the scales.

The race exhaust is so light because it only has a single chamber and is very minimal, therefore its loud all the time which doesn't work for me as sometimes you want it quiet

I don't want to be a bearer of bad news but I know several

People have lost power on factory tune. And I mean wirh dyno before and after. Without doing a dyno before there is no way you can tell a difference.

The other issue is the claimed 8% gain. There is no way in living hell that an NA car picks up 50-60hp on a tune. Not never. With all the money you have spent drop $200 and get a dyno on a car. Even if you didn't get one pre tune most stock Aventador spit down about 630awp. So if your car puts down 640+ then you know it's from the tune. But so far that has not panned out.

alpha6164 are these regular Aventadors? Did you hear of any SV's behaving similarly?

TBH I would just want it for the additional noise, I don't think I can ever use this car to it's maximum potential, I like my freedom too much :icon_mrgreen:

alpha6164 are these regular Aventadors? Did you hear of any SV's behaving similarly?

TBH I would just want it for the additional noise, I don't think I can ever use this car to it's maximum potential, I like my freedom too much :icon_mrgreen:

from what I saw they were regular non-SV aventadors.

from what I saw they were regular non-SV aventadors.

I thought so, it would be good to see some SV dynos. I am guessing they would behave similarly!?

Did your coupe come with exhaust or were you able to experience it without?

I thought so, it would be good to see some SV dynos. I am guessing they would behave similarly!?

Did your coupe come with exhaust or were you able to experience it without?

with and without and I def feel and hear a difference! i want to dyno my roadster when it comes!

my Roadster (non SV) had it. but I had to have dealer remove it because it wouldn't pass emissions in UT. After driving around a year without it, I missed the exhaust sound so much without it (it really does sound AMAZING). I sent car back to dealer (out of state) and had it out back on. I figure I'll deal with the emissions issue when the time comes.