impromptu dyno session today

whiteout

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my dyno sheet:

Reidmurci_zps1t9r7xqg.jpg

alpha6164's dyno sheet (long tube headers, secondary cat delete, QS exhaust and EvoMS tune):

Post_header_post_tune_zpsf8086717.jpg

Aside from the 7400rpm dip, there is not much in common between those powerbands.

LP640 with Raging Bull muffler & secondary cat delete and BMC filters put down 636whp on the same Mustang dyno today.

So that's roughly 770hp (130hp more than stock) at the crank with some minor mods on an otherwise stock car (assuming it is still AWD, so 20% drive train loss). Isn't the obvious conclusion the dyno you are using is not calibrated correctly?

I spent time getting a stock'ish car on the same dyno for comparison. Isn't it obvious that I did that to compare what my car put down with another car to get a basis for where this dyno is reading? If not, that's what I did.

I'm very happy with 80+ whp gain over stock with bolt ons.

Was there a baseline number?

Since finding a bone stock Murci and an owner willing to strap it do a dyno is damn near impossible. We got a car with the most common mods: LP640 with Raging Bull muffler delete, secondary cat delete and BMC filters. It put down 636whp

I promise there is something wrong with that dyno and will put any money on it.

Every LP640 out there puts down 530AWP on a all wheel drive dynojet give or take 5whp. An NA car isn't going to gain more 20-30whp with a tune. For your car to put down 719awp means you gained 180awp with bolt ons which is impossible. Hell a Ford GT by adding a whipple 4.0, and tune adds 150-200whp lol.

My car made 540awp with exhaust, 601awp with long tube headers and another 28awp with tune netting 629awp which is the highest LP640 recorded on a dynojet. There is no way there is another 100whp left on the table. 60-130 on a Vbox is 8.6seconds in mine. It dropped 1.5 sec after the mods which is 12-14 car lengths.

Either take your car to a awd dynojet or use a VBOx for 60-130. My time is a very good comparison. If you are making a 100whp more than me you car needs to be sub 8 seconds.

Here are examples of LP640s on a dyno jet and you can see how consistent they are.

This is mine stock with catback exhaust:

post-13156-1484489262.jpg

Here is another LP640:

post-13156-1484489304_thumb.jpg

Even a 670SV only makes this much. I have seen 3 different dynos of a 670SV and lowest was 595AWP AND highest was 603awp. That is such a tight of a margin.

post-13156-1484489410_thumb.jpg

Too many variables with different dynos and different places...

I can say if something is far under or far above normal range, then it's probably not normal.

Friend dynoed his 2009 lp640 with full exhaust stuff.

Apparently the tune only picked up 10hp up top so they weren't sure if it was tuned by someone else or it was a stock tune before they got it.

616hp final

Goto billetdesign on instagram 10 days ago, I can't grab the charts.

Too many variables with different dynos and different places...

I can say if something is far under or far above normal range, then it's probably not normal.

Friend dynoed his 2009 lp640 with full exhaust stuff.

Apparently the tune only picked up 10hp up top so they weren't sure if it was tuned by someone else or it was a stock tune before they got it.

616hp final

Goto billetdesign on instagram 10 days ago, I can't grab the charts.

Even that is 70hp more than it should. An exhaust by itself nets nothing but 5-10hp. I guarantee you that car was not done on an all wheel Dynojet. These cars make 640hp crank and even at 15% loss it's 544awp which is close to 18-20% drivetrain loss. I had long tube headers, cat delete, and custom tune to get to 620awp.

Even that is 70hp more than it should. An exhaust by itself nets nothing but 5-10hp. I guarantee you that car was not done on an all wheel Dynojet. These cars make 640hp crank and even at 15% loss it's 544awp which is close to 18-20% drivetrain loss. I had long tube headers, cat delete, and custom tune to get to 620awp.

Keep in mind he is running RWD

I know but you don't make 100more hp cause of it lol

Agreed..just figured I'd mention it incase that wasn't being factored in.

Actually it is a AWD dynojets. Hard to see but I verified it is. Still doesn't change the fact that all dynos are different and this one sounds believable. Definitely not 700hp+ without some more work. I will admit that rwd will do something for Hp but not that much.

IMG_0061.PNG

I promise there is something wrong with that dyno and will put any money on it.

Every LP640 out there puts down 530AWP on a all wheel drive dynojet give or take 5whp. An NA car isn't going to gain more 20-30whp with a tune. For your car to put down 719awp means you gained 180awp with bolt ons which is impossible. Hell a Ford GT by adding a whipple 4.0, and tune adds 150-200whp lol.

My car made 540awp with exhaust, 601awp with long tube headers and another 28awp with tune netting 629awp which is the highest LP640 recorded on a dynojet. There is no way there is another 100whp left on the table. 60-130 on a Vbox is 8.6seconds in mine. It dropped 1.5 sec after the mods which is 12-14 car lengths.

Either take your car to a awd dynojet or use a VBOx for 60-130. My time is a very good comparison. If you are making a 100whp more than me you car needs to be sub 8 seconds.

Here are examples of LP640s on a dyno jet and you can see how consistent they are.

I posted above, an LP640 with Raging Bull muffler & secondary cat delete and BMC filters put down 636whp on the same Mustang dyno last week.

My car put down 612whp on a dyno dynamics twin brake (ie heart breaker.)

Still working on hunting down a vbox. Might just buy one if I can't find one locally this week.

Still working on hunting down a vbox. Might just buy one if I can't find one locally this week.

That is pretty much the best way to judge to see if numbers are actually translating to street performance. Stock LP640s are in the high 9s.

Just vboxed my car and 60-130 is 7.65.

I was only able to get one pull in and had wheel spin, fairly confident I can get that number down significantly.

There is one factor to the VBOX that is in play as well. Downslope... The graph from the run has to show less than 2% downslope or the run doesnt count. Accichelli achieved 7.8 seconds on less than 2% with his bone stock Lp640. I would think with a true 700+ rwhp you should achieve very low 6s...

Do a 1/4 mile run if you can.

How the hell did he pull that off?

Alpha has 8.6 with 629awhp

Alpha claimed high 9's for a stock LP

Murcielago at 10.9 (assume pre-LP)

LP610 at 8.2

Here is the exact info:

7.85 - Acicchelli / Stock LP640 / 2-shifts

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-tur...ile-thread.html