Can anyone run a car fax for me please?

pockmark

I have lemoned three late model BMW's, owned 9 so far.

2009 335i M Sport Sedan - well-known fuel pump issue. Should have been a recall.

2011 X5d. Engine check light that BMW could not clear.

2012 M3 Sedan, blown engine.

We currently have 2 BMW's a 2014 and 2015, no issues yet. BMW quality has dropped, but they still drive well and if they will take them back, I will keep buying them.

I am VERY surprised they replaced your M3 sedan after it spun a bearing. I've known people with BMW Warranties that didn't even get their car replaced or bought back. Glad they took care of you though.

I am VERY surprised they replaced your M3 sedan after it spun a bearing. I've known people with BMW Warranties that didn't even get their car replaced or bought back. Glad they took care of you though.

I was told by BMW NA it was going to be a brand new unit, found out talking to the tech is was a rebuilt motor. That was a pretty heated conversation with BMW NA.

They changed the motor and the car continued to have issues. Odd idle and clunky transmission which was eventually diagnosed after fourth or fifth time in as a frayed vacuum line. I didn't say it was easy, I wasn't the first owner either. Car spent 50% of its life after the blown motor replacement in the shop until BMW threw in the towel.

2009 335i M Sport Sedan - well-known fuel pump issue. Should have been a recall.

2011 X5d. Engine check light that BMW could not clear.

335i had the N54 motor, I have a 2009 535i with that motor as my DD beast. Fuel pump, injectors, wastegate, plastic chargepipe and a breather hose were all problem issues. then the airbag "seat mat" proble,. I upgraded a lot of components and fight F10 M5s all day while getting 30mpg hwy. I don't always win, but I at least get respect and watching the fuel and speedo needles touch is sexy. Dealing with turbo issues now, time for a massive overhaul.

The Diesel motors had urea/blue/whatever tank issues iirc. I wanted an X6 M40d, but they will not bring them to the US.

Yeah. I'm passing on the lemon. Reported as "loss of engine power". Has driven less than 1000 miles in the year since.

I thanks.

Yeah. I'm passing on the lemon. Reported as "loss of engine power". Has driven less than 1000 miles in the year since.

I thanks.

300 hp and a convertible for a first car, that's an interesting choice. Nice car. Assman had one for a while.

Car accidents are one of the leading causes of death in young adults. I'd be interested to hear your reasoning for this potential purchase. My boy can drive, he has to wait 8 years to get his license and I know my wife and I will struggle with what we/him get at that time.

My view is tempered by a couple of horrific incidents in college. A friend killed himself driving a new E30 M3 his dad had bought him, hit a tree. Another girl I knew lost a hand when her boyfriend rolled his 300ZX TT. Then there were the umpteen DUI's that could have ended a lot worse than they did.

I see our first Volvo purchase at that time...that or a T34.

I just see our first Volvo purchase at that time...
do not buy a T5 or an turbo'd motors from 81-94. I built a 430hp 2.3l 4banger in my p1800. the t5 is good to 500hp

2.7l 4 banger 16v super+turbo

do not buy a T5 or an turbo'd motors from 81-94. I built a 430hp 2.3l 4banger in my p1800. the t5 is good to 500hp

2.7l 4 banger 16v super+turbo

Thanks, I continually have to chase down tools my kids have taken to modify or adjust their bikes. My son specializes in removing all non-essential weight. We had an argument about removing the rear brake (which we added) since the bike has a chain brake.

Crossing a number of Volvos off the list.

I took the training wheels off my daughter's first bike recently. It was too small and she struggled to ride it. Bought her a larger one for Christmas, she took the training wheels off on her own, hasn't looked back.

300 hp and a convertible for a first car, that's an interesting choice. Nice car. Assman had one for a while.

Car accidents are one of the leading causes of death in young adults. I'd be interested to hear your reasoning for this potential purchase. My boy can drive, he has to wait 8 years to get his license and I know my wife and I will struggle with what we/him get at that time.

My view is tempered by a couple of horrific incidents in college. A friend killed himself driving a new E30 M3 his dad had bought him, hit a tree. Another girl I knew lost a hand when her boyfriend rolled his 300ZX TT. Then there were the umpteen DUI's that could have ended a lot worse than they did.

I see our first Volvo purchase at that time...that or a T34.

The 335 was fast but really well engineered. Granted I no longer drive like a 17 year old so I didn't get in any precarious situations. Whereas the much slower 944 I had when I was 16 I ended up totaling when my dad made me buy new tires and I cheaped out and lost grip in the rain on an otherwise easy curve.

I'll jump on the band wagon of requests: JF1VA2W65F9801754

Thanks, appreciate it!

Included the price evaluation to give you an idea of the wholesale value.

post-207726-1490240825_thumb.png

post-207726-1490240835_thumb.png

post-207726-1490240847_thumb.png

Pine Mountain? I think we all did that day.

LOL on the big straight I was wondering why the car wouldn't break 155. Then I remembered the limiter.

LOL on the big straight I was wondering why the car wouldn't break 155. Then I remembered the limiter.

I tapped out in the mid 170's and our friend from Georgia in his GSL was pulling away from me.

Included the price evaluation to give you an idea of the wholesale value.

Awesome, thanks!

So if I'm reading it right...a dealership "should" only pay 27k for that car wholesale?

Awesome, thanks!

So if I'm reading it right...a dealership "should" only pay 27k for that car wholesale?

No that's the banks "loan value" which is never very accurate. Below that is the market data showing what they are actually trading at wholesale and their corresponding mileage. Around $31k seems to be wholesale right now.

Expanded. This is just auction data, and it accounts for everything, including condition of the cars that went through (1 out of 5 scale). This will not help too much as the mileage is so much lower on the example you are looking at. Those are tough cars to trade for, and even tougher to buy. The phenomenon of the value of that car is amazing to me.

Screen_Shot_2017_03_25_at_11.55.40_AM.png

Awesome! Thanks for the explanation.

I offered $31K for that car and they didn't really like that number, lol.

Haha yea my guess is with only 18k miles thats what they paid if not more.