The Fate of the Furious

misterchaos

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn!!!!....That was one of the few I actually liked.

But come on guys...does anyone actually take these movies seriously???....we only watch them for the few brief scenes of hot cars!!!

Lets all be honest, credibility went to shitter after second minute of the first FF movie when Paul walker changed gear 27th time on the same straight. BUT still jumping a car from one room in 500m high skyscraper to another building 200m below and across the street and arriving in perfect councours de elegance condition is streching it a BIT too far still.

BUT still jumping a car from one room in 500m high skyscraper to another building 200m below and across the street and arriving in perfect councours de elegance condition is streching it a BIT too far still.

:lol2:

Thats what my mind immediately jumps to when we talk about going too far. Still I enjoy them, mindless fun.

I agree that its not very realistic but very much entertaining. Not the best F8 of Furious but top 3 or so.

The original will always be great, but my favorite (overall) movie in the series is Fast Five. Yes it was over the top but it was such a cool movie with great cars in the beginning (moving train heist scene), introduction of the Rock and Elsa Pataky ( :icon_syda: ), return of ALL of the best cast (Hans, Giselle, the bash brothers, etc.), a believable villain, etc. that it was a blast. And it had such a feel GOOD ending with that safe opening and the whole team getting rich, the mutual respect earned between Dom and the Rock, Dom taking care of Vince's family, Hans and Giselle blasting down the autobahn in an LFA, Tyrese and Ludacris rocking Koenigsegg's, Brian and Mia on the beach finally living the good life, about to start their family, etc.

Just a great Saturday night popcorn flick. :)

6 and 7 (while enjoyable) just went WAY too over the top for me. They were fun to see in theatres, but the stunts became so outrageous that even my Wife said "Seriously?" multiple times throughout both movies. The evolving story line and the nostalgia of the same characters we loved from the first movie made them entertaining to watch, but I didn't walk out of the theatre smiling the same way I did in the first one back in 2001 (when I was in college and the tuner car scene was exploding), or Fast 5 in the years following.

Fate of the Furious however, felt different to me. It still had the same over-the-top ridiculousness and fell far short of Fast 5, but it was better than 6 and 7 (IMO) for sure. Great cars, Statham, The Rock and Charlize Theron were all badass, and it AGAIN made me leave the theatre intrigued with questions wondering where they will take the next movie? Every new movie has made a fortune so I don't blame the studio for riding this pony as long as they can! For anyone wondering why this series has persevered, here are some rough numbers for you; Fast 4 did $500+ Million at the box office worldwide, Fast 5 did $620+ Million, Fast 7 did $800+ Million, and Fast 7 did $1.5 BILLION. So while many are criticizing the series and complaining that they are getting old, these producers are smiling all the way to the bank! Anyone still wondering why they are already planning the 9th?

SPOILER ALERT:

1 -I was already pissed that they killed both Hans and Giselle off. Now that Elsa is gone too, I am definitely holding a grudge! haha

2- They should have named the baby "Paul", not Brian...

Just my .02!

post-424-1492607033.jpg

I expected the baby's name to be Walker.

Agree, The fact that Brian is still alive in the timeline just made it weird story wise. Paul or Walker would have been better.

1 -I was already pissed that they killed both Hans and Giselle off. Now that Elsa is gone too, I am definitely holding a grudge! haha

2- They should have named the baby "Paul", not Brian...

Just my .02!

1) Elsa already got thrown from a building while pregnant, so... mere flesh wound this time, plot twist, she really is cipher

2) yup, that is what I expected too, resulting in a theater of mouth breathers drenched in Axe brought to tears from manlove.

2) yup, that is what I expected too, resulting in a theater of mouth breathers drenched in Axe brought to tears from manlove.

:lol2: