My 720S is here....

FikseSTS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, if I could drive on the highway to cool it off and run, it would go 9s, as soon as ambient temps come down in the low 80s it will be easier....

The car probably has a 9.9 in it right now in these temps with just getting the Corsa tire and cooking the car a bit before the run. That spin in second cost some time. I'm guessing 9.65-9.7 in perfect conditions... Crazy fast

I would guess 9.85 @ 145 MPH...

Just for fun, what do you think it can run in optimum conditions on the Corsa tire? We can check back to this later to see how close we guessed ;)

Damn.. seems like the Sv is no faster than a stock Aventador or Huracan.

I think you are right never checked the numbers because I couldn't care less but to me it doesn't feel faster but driving the SV is something else compared to all these turbocharged auto go fast machines, there is something old school about it, I went to test drive the 488 it drove like my C63 but faster, great car but zero excitement.

I think you are right never checked the numbers because I couldn't care less but to me it doesn't feel faster but driving the SV is something else compared to all these turbocharged auto go fast machines, there is something old school about it, I went to test drive the 488 it drove like my C63 but faster, great car but zero excitement.

I would take the Aventador over any of them, but it's a shame that in performance it's lagging virtually behind everyone. I think my Carrera GT will beat it from a roll.

I would like to see that race....

I would take the Aventador over any of them, but it's a shame that in performance it's lagging virtually behind everyone. I think my Carrera GT will beat it from a roll.

no idea, but we can try it...

Brooks what will a 650s do 60 to 130 with a tune a catless downpipes?

I want to see those two beasts creating a symphony together 🙏

Damn.. seems like the Sv is no faster than a stock Aventador or Huracan.

It's not, I've run all of those against each other repeatedly with different cars and owned all of them and there is literally nothing in it if the drivers are on par.

Performante is also no quicker in a straight line either, if you are interested.

SV is more than its performance though, it makes you feel special even at lower speeds, the new S is a better car to drive on the road and handles better to imo. Just doesn't feel special in the same way, sometimes less is more.

SV did seem to get quite a bit quicker as you put a decent amount of miles on it think I'm at 8k now which may influence things minutely.

That's what I noticed, the old school vibe it has for being a new car. Fast nuff for me.

It's not, I've run all of those against each other repeatedly with different cars and owned all of them and there is literally nothing in it if the drivers are on par.

Performante is also no quicker in a straight line either, if you are interested.

SV is more than its performance though, it makes you feel special even at lower speeds, the new S is a better car to drive on the road and handles better to imo. Just doesn't feel special in the same way, sometimes less is more.

SV did seem to get quite a bit quicker as you put a decent amount of miles on it think I'm at 8k now which may influence things minutely.

I love the SV. My favorite of all the new cars. I figure if you need more speed, a good exhaust and tune will make it fast enough.

I love the SV. My favorite of all the new cars. I figure if you need more speed, a good exhaust and tune will make it fast enough.

It's hard to describe why I love this car because really I shouldn't, it has a crappy gearbox it isn't that fast by today's standard, standards which move extremely fast ( pun intended) it pisses me off sometimes but I can't help but love driving and looking at it, it looks like a damn alien spaceship.

I had many offers to sell the car and I usually part with my cars in two years or less but I can not let it go, inexplicable.

They are all super fast and too fast for most people anyway . We have discussed this before , it all comes down to what emotions it stirs in a person and the sex appeal of the car . The 720's performance is spectacular , it just looks really blah in my opinion and that is subjective .

The SV looks spectacular , so it isn't as fast as some of the other cars , who cares but a few

It's hard to describe why I love this car because really I shouldn't, it has a crappy gearbox it isn't that fast by today's standard, standards which move extremely fast ( pun intended) it pisses me off sometimes but I can't help but love driving and looking at it, it looks like a damn alien spaceship.

I had many offers to sell the car and I usually part with my cars in two years or less but I can not let it go, inexplicable.

I get it I've had my Diablo GTR's for 16 years I think. They are slow by today's standard but they get your heart beating.

There is more to some cars than speed.

However having said that I'd like to have a 720 in the line up, great car.

They are all super fast and too fast for most people anyway . We have discussed this before , it all comes down to what emotions it stirs in a person and the sex appeal of the car . The 720's performance is spectacular , it just looks really blah in my opinion and that is subjective .

The SV looks spectacular , so it isn't as fast as some of the other cars , who cares but a few

Inmo, the majority of new super cars are too focused on daily drive-ability and usability. Back in the day a car capable of going 9's at 145mph, would be a beast that would kill you if you got things wrong. In today's Mclaren, you can do it with one hand while talking on a hands free, sipping a latte. I want a car thats loud, uncomfortable, hard to drive. I dont want to take it to the club, the restaurant, or the mall. I want it to kick the shit out of me for an hour, and then put it back in the garage. The lambos, the Aventador especially is still somewhat the last of this dying breed.

Inmo, the majority of new super cars are too focused on daily drive-ability and usability. Back in the day a car capable of going 9's at 145mph, would be a beast that would kill you if you got things wrong. In today's Mclaren, you can do it with one hand while talking on a hands free, sipping a latte. I want a car thats loud, uncomfortable, hard to drive. I dont want to take it to the club, the restaurant, or the mall. I want it to kick the shit out of me for an hour, and then put it back in the garage. The lambos, the Aventador especially is still somewhat the last of this dying breed.

I completely agree, I want a sports car which makes me feel like it's a massive PITA to take out on a mundane task, for those occasions I want something comfortable with just a bit of oomph.

What I want from Mclaren is the P1 LM (or similar) but due to the communists which are in charge of the country I live in at the moment that will not happen in a hurry if ever.

I am currently looking at getting some real estate in another country in order to make some of those dreams come true :icon_thumleft:

car looks sick..best of luck with it..... I would like to have one day, looking at the 570s at the moment

Spoke to my buddy Marco in South Florida.. Bill will know him. He just finished up an Aventador... Dynoed 615awhp stock. Made 649awhp with exhaust and tune. Said could make little more but this one was setup to run little rich as the owner wants flames.