• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This:

Extreme-Lamborghini-Huracan-Monza-1.jpg

That looks fun. I'd love to do a trackday in something like that.

I believe Jim Glickenhaus (sp) spent only 1-2M creating P4/5 on top of the cost of an Enzo. Ferrari will create you custom designed cars for 2-3M so long as they fit into a current model's underlying platform. McLaren has also done one-off custom designs in the past for a few million and will be selling a very unique 3-seater 100+ volume car that will no doubt offer a very unique experience and high-end performance. Mercedes and AM are selling LMP/F1 technology derived cars for 2-3M that no Lamborghini could ever dream of coming close to.

Outside of the two above possibilities, why else would someone pay so much for something that they have almost no input on other than a few colors and which offers nothing of technological note?

Lamborghini talks up RWS, a seemingly trivial technology that has been standard on far lesser car for some time now and which every S will have standard just a couple months after you take delivery of your C. Mercedes and AM will give you wild, LMP derived cars with an F1 derived 1.6L Turbo mated to a hybrid system, or aero dynamics and weight savings that would indicate an open-wheel racer more than any road car ever made.

Lamborghini one-offs are among the worst possible modern cars you could ever buy at those prices. They offer next to nothing.

Chiron, LF, 918, P1, Mercedes One, AM RB-001, and just about all the successors to these are far more deserving of the prices they command. This $2-3M one-off Aventador will probably be outclassed in every way by a 720S or Performante.

I agree sadly. It is true.

It's about time Lambo got its act together... It must regain the lead it long lost to the other brands and stop reminiscing !

Regiani is right about history but it is history! He has to show us he can deliver now! I support the sentiment but we want action.

That Lambo can still be 'first' again and beat the other brands in terms of not just looks but speed and technology, especially since there are so many hypercars (Mercedes Project One etc ) that beat the hell out of our beloved Lambos and could present better value for money compared to Centenario etc

I'm also just amazed at how Ferrari ThethetheFerrari market is so crazy.

Prices are going through the roof. That never happens to our Lambos.

Look at the charity Aperta that went for 8.3m euro this month, others are hitting 5m ! What a market!

got offered a reventon yesterday for $1.5. Lamborghini super shit cars are overpriced crap. they really need to get it right this time but I don't think they have any idea that they are getting made fun of.

got offered a reventon yesterday for $1.5. Lamborghini super shit cars are overpriced crap. they really need to get it right this time but I don't think they have any idea that they are getting made fun of.

1.5? Shit there was a local one bought for 700.

1.5? Shit there was a local one bought for 700.

That is what I mean. If this was a Ferrari the price would have easily tripled..

That shows how the Lambo market is so badly mismanaged by the factory. Nobody else to blame.

Our Lambo 'one off' or 'limited' cars depreciate while Ferraris appreciate !

The more I deal with them the more I realise, it's too much b.s. and they really have no idea as someone said earlier..

That is what I mean. If this was a Ferrari the price would have easily tripled..

That shows how the Lambo market is so badly mismanaged by the factory. Nobody else to blame.

Our Lambo 'one off' or 'limited' cars depreciate while Ferraris appreciate !

The more I deal with them the more I realise, it's too much b.s. and they really have no idea as someone said earlier..

Have you tried buying an appreciating Ferrari?? You will have very close to zero chance, I wouldn't even worry about it, buy what you are enjoying to drive and for further returns stick your money in the business which afforded you the funds to buy your toy to begin with, that's a much safer bet.

Lamborghini can't do anything about the secondary market and the future value of your car, Ferrari can't guarantee anything either, having said that you can not compare the two, Ferrari is a marketing monster machine followed by a pack of zombies which will stomach everything Ferrari throws at them.

You want to know what BS from a car manufacturer really is? Start playing Ferrari's game, it will make your head explode, I am hearing some stories which makes me lose faith in humanity, I can not believe how easily grown up, successful adults are being manipulated LOL.

Ultimately they are all just a bucket of nuts and bolts I don't need to bend over in front of any retailer to sell me anything unless it's a machine designed to keep me alive.

Having said that Lambo's LE models are just a joke, all of them, they are all just rebodied base cars but I guess if their "special customers" put their hand up for them why not? Business is business.

QUOTE (diabloking @ Sep 21 2017, 10:07 AM) *

With all that has been said what would Lamborghini have to produce to have a sustainable winner????

A Ferrari LOL

Fortis......there is alot of truth in what you say. Lets take a look at this Ferrari legacy.

Ferrari has a great racing heritage during the golden years of motorcars and motorcar racing; something Lamborghini cannot lay claim to.

Ferrari has developed an enormous marketing dynasty unparalleled by any other company except perhaps Apple, but Lamborghini does have a dedicated consumer base that can provide the product support needed.

Lamborghini has a legacy of superior creative design.

Technology is the key to success for Lamborghini in the future. What makes Lamborghini different is what their cars offer the driver. The feelings, the visual, the sounds, the smells these are what make these cars special. And everything must move in that direction.

Regenerative energy , active manifolds and camless engines are only a few areas that can be developed to take Lamborghini into the future.

The more I have seen pics of the Veneno and the details the more I appreciate the design.

The coupe is the one off I would love to have but nutty prices.

To say it is a re-bodied Aventador is a bit unfair from what I have seen.

But why is that a bad thing? Chassis and engine are solid. The tub could be better imo but a redressing with updated tech and bodywork would be interesting.

I would welcome rebodied cars over limited editions that have a stripe and interior stitching made from Racing Mongolian goat manes.

The issue for me is that it is an Aventador with a body kit, same tech same car, what it has going for it is exclusivity also you in luck if you like the design for me it's so OTT that's borderline cartoonish.

It's truly a shame that Lambo wastes those opportunities of building truly unique one offs, top of the food chain cars such as the 918, LaF, P1 etc. they charge more than those cars RRP for anyway so it's not a matter of affordability/viability.

The issue for me is that it is an Aventador with a body kit, same tech same car, what it has going for it is exclusivity also you in luck if you like the design for me it's so OTT that's borderline cartoonish.

It's truly a shame that Lambo wastes those opportunities of building truly unique one offs, top of the food chain cars such as the 918, LaF, P1 etc. they charge more than those cars RRP for anyway so it's not a matter of affordability/viability.

I wonder though if it has to do with VAG more than anything. This formula seems to work for now and as Lambo becomes more profitable maybe VAG will give the brand more respect and let them create a real hypercar. Right now they have Bugatti and they had the 918 Porsche.

Lambo was the fastest and rawest and most stylish. They are still raw and stylish, at this point fastest is very hard to win at.

I wonder though if it has to do with VAG more than anything. This formula seems to work for now and as Lambo becomes more profitable maybe VAG will give the brand more respect and let them create a real hypercar. Right now they have Bugatti and they had the 918 Porsche.

Lambo was the fastest and rawest and most stylish. They are still raw and stylish, at this point fastest is very hard to win at.

Possibly but my point was, how is VAG able to develop and sell the 918, which is a masterpiece, for €1 mil and the Chiron which is the epitome of current automotive engineering for a bit over €2 mil and not see value in allowing Lamborghini to come up with sometime at the same level?

Lamborghini proved to them that they can sell reskined Aventadors for the price of a Chiron LOL.

Possibly but my point was, how is VAG able to develop and sell the 918, which is a masterpiece, for €1 mil and the Chiron which is the epitome of current automotive engineering for a bit over €2 mil and not see value in allowing Lamborghini to come up with sometime at the same level?

Lamborghini proved to them that they can sell reskined Aventadors for the price of a Chiron LOL.

I believe your comment hit the nail on the head. It falls into the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" cliche. Lamborghini did proved exactly that and every car made was sold. It's corporate after all and within the mindset of the CEO's circle, 1 cent extra is still 1 cent too much regardless so why "waste" resources if the current formula is working. It's also market share and market viability as well. VAG knows that the chance of Lamborghini out selling Ferrari is zero. So why bother putting resources into Lambo; it will always be the underdog anyway. Porsche is way more viable than Lamborghini in both sales and profit margins and there has to be some kind of national pride of some sort from that brand. Bugatti is the crown jewel of both VAG and the entire automobile industry on the planet so they would utilize every resource to maintain that honour. Lamborghini, regrettably, is just a small atelier within the VAG empire. Yes, it has the potential to do a lot better and a lot more but corporate politics is alive and well.

Sesto Elemento is considerd by Lamborghini as one of their one-offs specials. For the record Sesto isn't a re-skinned Gallardo/Murcielago or Aventador even though it shares some components with the Gallardo LP570 (both road and racecar).

The only downside is that it isn't road legal, but I have heard that very few certain dealers offer a road-legal conversion (note: none in the States.).

Then we had the Aventador J, which is pretty bespoke and epic.

I can get behind these as one-offs that are unique to themselves and bespoke. The rest though...

I hope the next one is more Asterion rather than Veneno or Centenario like.

^The Sesto Elemento is a special one-off model although it borrowed a good share of components from the Gallardo series.

The Aventador J, while visually bespoke, is still an Aventador underneath. It was a quick solution that Winkelmann and Perini needed to come up with in 6 weeks due to a direct order from the VAG top brass. The shell and the interior may look different but every mechanical component is identical to the 1st-gen Aventador.

All their veneno and centenario cars are just Aventadors underneath the exterior body as everybody knows.

That is why Lambo needs to lift their game and produce proper 'one off' supercars or hypercars to justify the 2-3.2m euro prices they demand from us customers and more importantly beat the rest on performance and technology - like they used to years ago !

Pagani is doing it through its boutique factory and top quality products.

Surely Lambo can do better! I hope so but won't hold my breath..

Pagani is indeed a boutique brand and their overall packaging is visually stunning especially their carbon fibre's craftsmanship. But I don't see much innovations as far as mechanicals are concerned; they don't even have their own drivetrain. Perhaps with the exception of the active aero but that really isn't new; Pagani just made it more visually pleasing. Their panel fitment is horrible though; it's borderline kit-car-like and is definitely below that of Ferrari's let alone Lamborghini's. IMO, the current Koenigsegg's; Agera and Regera; are quite a bit above Pagani in terms of innovations, engineering plus fit and finish. And Pagani has this infamous way of spontaneously surcharging their customers with a 6-figure increase.

Pagani is indeed a boutique brand and their overall packaging is visually stunning especially their carbon fibre's craftsmanship. But I don't see much innovations as far as mechanicals are concerned; they don't even have their own drivetrain. Perhaps with the exception of the active aero but that really isn't new; Pagani just made it more visually pleasing. Their panel fitment is horrible though; it's borderline kit-car-like and is definitely below that of Ferrari's let alone Lamborghini's. IMO, the current Koenigsegg's; Agera and Regera; are quite a bit above Pagani in terms of innovations, engineering plus fit and finish. And Pagani has this infamous way of spontaneously surcharging their customers with a 6-figure increase.

U r right about Pagani being best in carbon fibre and good looking car. That is all I meant to copy by Lambo. Yes they do slug u for price. Their Zondas have appreciated in price for whatever reason beyond all the others except LaF..

Not sure of Koenigsegg, a lot of hype there but nothing proven of their claims to top speed etc and, they have had terrible customer feedback (from personal experience and many others). Plus their cars depreciate badly as happened in 2015 at that auction in Monterrey. Personally, I would never go there. Lambo all the way ! No comparison.

I should correct my earlier comment about 'one off' Lambos that it is applicable for comparison with the likes of Chiron, 918, LaF, P1 .

U r right about Pagani being best in carbon fibre and good looking car. That is all I meant to copy by Lambo. Yes they do slug u for price. Their Zondas have appreciated in price for whatever reason beyond all the others except LaF..

Not sure of Koenigsegg, a lot of hype there but nothing proven of their claims to top speed etc and, they have had terrible customer feedback (from personal experience and many others). Plus their cars depreciate badly as happened in 2015 at that auction in Monterrey. Personally, I would never go there. Lambo all the way ! No comparison.

I should correct my earlier comment about 'one off' Lambos that it is applicable for comparison with the likes of Chiron, 918, LaF, P1 .

Fair enough and agreed.

Interesting about Koenigsegg. To be fair, both Pagani and Koenigsegg had just set up agents here in the last 14months and neither had delivered any car yet. So customer feedback is minimal. But based on the data available (also from personal experience and from others), it's exactly the other way around. The local Pagani agent is simply horrible! The local Koenigsegg agent gets quite a few accolades so I guess it boils down to the dealership and/or the regional supporting team. As for resale value, these are more or less toys so great if one can recuperate or earn from one's costs but not an issue if one cannot.

What worries me on both Koenigsegg and Pagani is what if CVK or HP had decided to call it a career (more likely from CVK since his cars are his "side businesses") or worse they are victims of some freak accident or disaster? Would these two boutique/atelier manufacturers seize to exist then? And if so there goes all of the customer support service. Better to side with a manufacturer who has a conglomerate as background support then.

For the record 'egg carbon work is right up there with pagani and that is seeing them back to back.

Back to lambo though, we want this that and the other from them but their budget is minimal.

We all want a pint and they only have a shot glass.

These special runs allow quick and easy money to be pumped into the company allowing them to raise the game for the normal production lines.