Dyno'd the supra today...

supradedupra

Here's what I got followed by the dyno chart:

1. 414.23 rwhp @ 355.07 ft. lbs of torque (@ 100.45 Degrees F)

2. 470.80 rwhp @ 402.62 ft. lbs of torque (@ 101.67 Degrees F)

3. 482.87 rwhp @ 406.76 ft. lbs of torque (@ 102.25 Degrees F)

4. 494.98 rwhp @ 413.84 ft. lbs of torque (@ 102.59 Degrees F)

5. 487.09 rwhp @ 412.41 ft. lbs of torque (@ 104.98 Degrees F)

Mods:

pump gas (93 octane from Tom Thumb Gas)

stock fuel

stock ecu

t-88-34d

custom fmic (24x12X4)

univeral air filter

stock MAF

Custom 3" downpipe

ATR Exhaust

boost logic crank pulley

manual boost controller (gate valve)

koyo radiator

greddy type s bov

RPS lightened flywheel

RPS Pressure plate

ACT 650 ft/lb clutch

HKS FCD

I just kept turning up the boost and eventually got heat soaked. Also, the A/F on the dyno was broken (we found out later after a few more cars dyno'd and got the same number) so my A/F is incorrect. We kept upping the boost little by little, and in the end, we still didn't get any detonation or other bad signs from the car. If you look at the dyno, one of the AFR's is way lean. The car blew it out of the exhaust pipe ;) Also, after every run, when the car hit red-line there was a nice black puff of smoke out the back, so it's running rich a bit.

I'm quiet happy. I can only imagine what it can do with some tuning, race gas, some more fuel, and a cooler day :)

Here's the chart:

resizedandturned2pr.th.jpg

uve got a fricken t88 on that thing? holy crap! what rpm does it spool at? and im really surprised ur still running stock fuel with a t88. also just because ur puffing black when u peg the rev doesn't mean ur running rich during ur pull. the car does a pre-programed thing when u bounce the limiter, on ls1's it pulls fuel, might be different on 2jz's. you should look that up before you just go assuming if your not running lean or not, not worth betting your engine on. but damn decent numbers, i should have my car at the dyno in a week, looking for numbers close to that, but i bet im about 1/3 the boost ur running.

as far as pics.... it looks bad right now... im about to drop $3-$4 thousand dollars on paint and body work.... I'll post a new thread when it comes out of the shop...

I want to drop it off tommorow morning... we'll see

as far as running stock fuel, yeah... I didn't mean to push it so much. The shop said the afr was perfect and to turn up the boost. Eventually, the heat/engine pulling timing got to it as you can see on the final run when I lost a few hp.

after this paint job, then the money will go back into performance. At 500 rwhp on pump gas, I'm already beating most everything on the road.

as far as spool is conscerned, between 4.5 k and 5.5 k my engine doubles its hp output. I also have a 50 shot on the car for spool, so I'm not too worried about a late spool.

I'm planning on making this car into an R1/Busa hunter :) Expect pics of everything in a month or so after the paint drys :)

Keep us posted!.

Ah using the n2o for spool, i like it! mike carlin is running around my area (ex-stock block record holder for a 2jz, 998rwhp or something crazy) and he uses n2o for spool as well.

You need to do quite a few upgrades in the near future to kill those busas! ;)

Get rid of the MAF

Get some cams/springs/retainers to really take advantage of the breathing capacity of such a large turbine and to move your powerband to the right, where the fun happens. :)

Get a fuel system

Get an AEM! :)

I also suggest a 3.5 or 4 inch DP/exhaust combo to let it breath

Have fun!

-Olivier

T88's Huh! NICE!! As for the Dyno numbers.... HOLY SHIT!! REALLY NICE!!

Whereby are you in Miami?? maybe we can hang for Happy Hour this Friday and I can see what Turbo's the size of JaLo's @ss look like!! "abolf" (or how ever you spell that ID) also wants to hang.... Any suggestions?

BTW, can we get pics of the car?? :) And for how long have you owned the Supra? Did you ever meet Adam Myers in Miami? AdrockTT on supraforums.

-Olivier

Nice numbers for stock fuel/pump gas and at that temp.

The t88 has A LOT more potential in it though. I hope you plan on tapping it with the supporting mods, or it could be kind of a waste. Lots of lag without the top-end power/boost created by the large turbo. If you were only looking for 500whp, a t04s would have done that with less boost.

But anyway, still lots of power with lots left untapped.

are you the silver supra that was running around with no front flip or the guy who does import/export. i havnt been on SFR in a while so i wouldnt know. :?:

looks very useable from the graph!

Honestly, it is not that useable right now. Imagine if the HP and torque plateau would be extended to 8K rpm? That's usually what happens with cams, springs, retainers, and a stand-alone ECU like the AEM or HKS F-Con V Pro to allow the engine and turbo to really breath and stay in its peak of the powerband through the gears. Makes a HUGE difference in acceleration.

-Olivier