anybody ever owned a Vector?

ragingfool35

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that car. I had a picture of it up on my wall next to the pics of the coutach's when I was teenager. I always though it was cool looking.

I saw one in person before and thought it was a lamborghini replica.

The Vector M12 was the next production Vector, and the first car created under the Indonesian control. Mega Tech chose a Lamborghini engine to power the M12, and the car, a modified WX-3, was designed in Europe. The M12 was better-developed than the W8 by a wide margin, and leasing was offered for the first time.

The Vector SRV8 was Vector's last chance to get back into the game. Based on the M12, it featured a POS engine, Porsche transaxle, air scoops, and a spoiler. This car never entered production, however.

The W-8 also had a modified POS engine with garret twin turbos and someother suff. I had a Vector W-8 and M12 back in GT2 both cars sucked ass unless you modified them, I lost to my bros Gt-40 while driving the W-8. There is even a replica of a Vector www.cobrakitcars.net the kit is called the D-type.

I had a W8 and M12....

On Gran Turismo 2 :)

Speaking of that, what's up with my favorite course (Red Rock or Red River, you know the one that the mid-engine challenge was on where one could win a GT40) and the Vectors disappearing from the Gran Turismo series? Seems like just about every other car and course made the transition back into 4...

I used to like the Test track because my car was making more than 700hp with tons of other mods and it couldnt handle for shit. The topspeed on my W-8 was over 230mph.

I drove in one... wow what a pos. I wouldnt have paid $50K for it and they were asking $190,000.

I also knew a guy who left his job and moved his family to work for Vector Aeromotive... or whatever the stupid name was. Five years later he was divorced and managing a Jiffy Lube. True story.

Dam that sucks

• 9 months later...

Yes, I own a W8 and I use to work for Vector in Wilmington California. I work in the automotive industry and have seen just about every car made during construction. Hence the reason I own my Vector. No other car at the time was as well built as the Vector W8. I read a lot of verbal diatribe out on the internet regarding the Vector, but 99% of what is out there is based loosely off what some idiot read in a magazine. If you want the truth about something I think it is better to ask the people who actually own and live with something.

I would not trade my W8 for any other car on earth, not to say I dont own other cars, its just that the Vector is my favorite. People still walk up to the car at any show I take it to and think its new, only the people who remember reading articles on it during the late 80's /early 90's know the cars actual age. People always ask if you can still buy them, or if they are still being made. So I think the design has held up well for a 30+ year old design.

Sat in one of the first W8 Vectors ay the NY Auto Show many years ago.Thought the car was beautiful then and still do now! Have no idea how they ride but for it's time it was something else!

hey, maybe youll know....

waht happened to the online vector aeromotive page / message board? is it ever coming back?

shade

http://www.autotitre.com/forum/Vector-Et-s...t--32390p34.htm

http://www.supercarfrance.com/forum/viewto...t=323&start=300

http://vector.photosgc.com/index.php?sid=1...e380d3abdc9bdec

---------------------------------

www.drive.to/vector

....and the Vectors disappearing from the Gran Turismo series?  Seems like just about every other car and course made the transition back into 4...

Jerry Weigart - he's the reason why the cars were dropped. He got really greedy.

....and the Vectors disappearing from the Gran Turismo series? Seems like just about every other car and course made the transition back into 4...

Jerry Weigart - he's the reason why the cars were dropped. He got really greedy.

Jerry made a few bad decisions, it cost him his company and lifes dream. At this point were beating a dead horse on what happened. Nothing will bring back the company in the state it was in in 1992. The peak of Vector Aeromotive. It was something very special to those of us that worked there. I wouldnt trade my time at Vector for anything. I wish things could have gone differently, but I am happy to own a piece of American Supercar History.

Jerry made a few bad decisions, it cost him his company and lifes dream. At this point were beating a dead horse on what happened.

Well, I'm speaking about the year 2001, not 1994 when all the Vector stuff went down. I'm the reason (yes, I am) that Vector wound up (and a handful of other cars) in Gran Turismo, and while the first incarnation went well, Jerry got greedy and tried to change terms of the agreement for subsequent games, and thus his car was dropped. Frustrating...