1. 1. What's the best for daily driving

• Volvo XC90
    • LR Defender
    • Range Rover Sport
    • BMW X5
    • Audi Q8
    • Genesis GV80
    • Other (list below)

What would you recommend and why. I want to get her into something with more luxury. She drives about 40 miles a day in warm Florida climate. Looking to spend somewhere in the 60-70k range.

I'm a BMW guy, but do know those get expensive when out or warranty. So it's a draw when it comes to reliable long-term and good price.

What does she want out of it? Have any particulars other than "more luxury"? What's she driving now? 

On 3/5/2021 at 11:44 AM, Destructo said:

I'm a BMW guy, but do know those get expensive when out or warranty. So it's a draw when it comes to reliable long-term and good price.

What does she want out of it? Have any particulars other than "more luxury"? What's she driving now? 

probably something to keep for a few years within warranty. She's been an Rav 4 for 5 years so anything is better haha some things we'd like

- panoramic roof

- ambient lighting

- driver safety features (lane departure, collision warning, auto braking etc.)

- heated and ventilated seats

for starters 

Alfa Romeo Stelvio. Very affordable. Good looking car with the Nero package and fun even though it's a Turbo 4.  My wife has a 19 and has been a solid car.

On 3/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, zeeshan66 said:

probably something to keep for a few years within warranty. She's been an Rav 4 for 5 years so anything is better haha some things we'd like

- panoramic roof

- ambient lighting

- driver safety features (lane departure, collision warning, auto braking etc.)

- heated and ventilated seats

for starters 

I'd seriously consider going the Benz GLB route.  Similar size, good price point new, but you can option yourselves to the moon if you try :lol2: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 4:23 AM, sprite said:

I really love my Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk. It's a lot of fun to drive and super fast for a SUV.

Got some photos of it? Always love to see domestic powerhouse SUV's!

None of the above. Get a used e63s Wagon. $3.5k RENNtech tune and you have close to 800 hp/torque monster that does 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds. 1/4 quarter mile is 10.8.  I have a 2020 one. Best car I have ever owned. It's not close. 

8 hours ago, kinnsella said:

None of the above. Get a used e63s Wagon. $3.5k RENNtech tune and you have close to 800 hp/torque monster that does 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds. 1/4 quarter mile is 10.8.  I have a 2020 one. Best car I have ever owned. It's not close. 

He won't be able to touch that with his budget though. Give me a wagon ANY and EVERY DAY! 

Given she has a rav4, and your used to that type of reliability and money spent on service. 

Id say lexus RX. They might not be the most luxurious etc but they are damn nice inside. Their depreciation isnt that bad and look hella nice in some colors. I beleive they have the "F sport" model also. 

doubt any car aside from the volvo will be as cheap to own and reliable for the price. When you change into the "Luxury" side of SUV's its never ending. problem is latest and greatest is changing so rapidly. If you want to step into that ring go ahead but you have to keep upgrading to be satisfied. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 1:23 AM, kinnsella said:

Americans don't buy wagons unfortunately.