400hp

0-60 5.3s

0-100 12.9

quarter mile 13.8 @ 103.8

$50,000

-$32,995

-----------

$17,005 left for modifications

Great idea. It would be interesting to see what can be done with those. :)

-Olivier

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he said it has to be a street car so Gocarts wouldnt work.

Would probably beat most of all things listed, but so would a sportbike.

I think the evo rs would defintely be in the low 10 high 9 second range with 50

grand. What did that mustang GT run with the blower in R&T?

Tough call .. the crate 6.0 liter Chevy LS2 can be had for under $5K and will fit in a Miata, S2000, and most other front-engine rear-drive sports cars.

Miata runs $24 or so, say another 6 for the motor, and that leaves 20K for ways to get the car to stick.

Problem with you guys is that you're all thinking about horsepower. A well set up shot of nitrous will take care of most of your power issues, it's getting things to hook that's the problem. That's why 400 HP Stangs that are properly setup run in the 10s and a 900HP Supra runs 11s.

Bill in Brooklyn

he said it has to be a street car so Gocarts wouldnt work.

Would probably beat most of all things listed, but so would a sportbike.

I think the evo rs would defintely be in the low 10 high 9 second range with 50  

grand.  What did that mustang GT run with the blower in R&T?

My shooting buddy put together a '90 Mustang GT daily driver that runs 10.2s, 10.3s all day long and ran a best of 9.98 (which promptly got him kicked off the track =) for less than $10K. If it takes you $20K to get an Evo into the 9s, you need serious schooling on going fast in the 1320.

Bill in Brooklyn

Whatabout the new C6 POS? they cost around 45k so that would leave 5k left in mods.

depends you could probably get a C6 in the 10's with 5 grand, but with alot of nitrous. Most exhaust and header packages will be around 3k dollars. Add a 250-300shot and some sticky slicks on the back it could be a possibility be a good race.

Bill we are talking about a new car.

It must be a street car ( i.e. street legal) as well.

My first post and the way I'd probably go, would be to buy a bare bones Miata for $22K. I'd ditch the OE drive-train and replace it with a crate Chevy LS2 (that's the current 6.0L POS/GTO motor) with an OE POS 4-speed auto. Custom drive shafts are easy to work out. Ditch the rear end for something solid, throw air bags out back, 90/10 shocks with skinnies up front, and a big dose of nitrous. Put some serious sweat into the rear fenders to try to fit some real meat and practice practice practice.

Yes, it's street legal. Yes, it's stupid, but done right I'll betcha I could get a Miata into 8s for under $50K if not quicker.

Bill in Brooklyn

depends you could probably get a C6 in the 10's with 5 grand, but with alot of nitrous.  Most exhaust and header packages will be around 3k dollars.  Add a 250-300shot and some sticky slicks on the back it could be a possibility be a good race.

That could work.

I'm with bestman06, Pontiac GTO all the way. But if its any help, I've seen new C6's for 41k. With 9k I could spray the shit out of it and make it a bottom 10 second car easy.

I'm with bestman06, Pontiac GTO all the way. But if its any help, I've seen new C6's for 41k. With 9k I could spray the shit out of it and make it a bottom 10 second car easy.

actually screw that idea, for 50k:

either a Y2k bike or turbo sprayed stroked busa. 6's baby! I win!

At the place where I got my tints done in SFL, they sell T-Rex's. The night that my tints were being done, 3-4 of them showed up to meet up with the owner and his t-rex.

Their car's are sick as hell. Two were turbo charged, one had nitrous, and the other was about to be turboed. I took a few pics, but don't have any available to me at this moment.

Amazing little cars... just sucks when it rains.

i would have to go with the Ariel Atom- get the supercharged version- 330 hp and very little weight. When tested on top gear, was something like a second slower than the enzo, which at the time was fastest car around the track. Awesome. :finga:

supra, if you can get those pics would love to see them.

started reading a little more about the t-rex and really starting to think about one as a cool toy.

more expensive than a sport bike but seems like it would be a blast to drive.

actually screw that idea, for 50k:

either a Y2k bike or turbo sprayed stroked busa. 6's baby! I win!

He said a street car. Not a bike, gokart, ATV, goped, none of that. i

Bill we are talking about a new car.

It must be a street car ( i.e. street legal) as well.

My first post and the way I'd probably go, would be to buy a bare bones Miata for $22K. I'd ditch the OE drive-train and replace it with a crate Chevy LS2 (that's the current 6.0L POS/GTO motor) with an OE POS 4-speed auto. Custom drive shafts are easy to work out. Ditch the rear end for something solid, throw air bags out back, 90/10 shocks with skinnies up front, and a big dose of nitrous. Put some serious sweat into the rear fenders to try to fit some real meat and practice practice practice.

Yes, it's street legal. Yes, it's stupid, but done right I'll betcha I could get a Miata into 8s for under $50K if not quicker.

Bill in Brooklyn

A World 454 small block crate motor is 11k in JEGS 600hp, 575 torque, that would put you in the 8s with the right small car. A lot of fab would have to be done and that is where the money is. I would put this engine in Terryjoints CT replica :mrgreen:

Guys, READ.

This is the fastest STREET CAR, bought NEW from the dealer - Im talking a mass-assembled car.

This means YOU HAVE TO GO TO A DEALER AND BUY IT BRAND NEW.

None of this kit car/bike/go-cart/used car shit.

miata + crate motor + wide tires and maybe ballast, for the win.
<-stupid

The cheapest new car you can buy ie chevy avio or something like that, with full custom crate motor, frame ect would win. It would handle like shit and be good for nothing but the 1/4 but it would win. :mrgreen: Great topic =D>

new Focus add V8 kit and 800hp turbo crate motor, 1/4 mile only suspension

under 50 grand

That focus looks sooo tempting but...

Im sticking with the C6 POS backed by 300shot of NOS and exhaust and a Superchips controler.

best bet IMO, is a 2004 (405 HP) Plastic mess-06, which should have a good suspension for just straight line; and it shouldnt be over 35K, so with that go for NO2, Super, whatever.

oh, also, any of the shelby replicas with 427s available for this price?

It depents on which company you buy it from, i have seen them built with the 427 for under 50k but thats if you build it yourself a Turnkey may run you 10k more.

This is for off the lot cars, where talking all out production cars. :axe: