***SOLD***

US/UK-Diablo

OK. Simple. I’m selling my 1997 European Roadster. LHD. Scurro blue. Approx 40K kilometers. Just had a complete once over by Verdi of Southall. Includes a new clutch and new battery. While the car was here in the U.S. for 3 years it was maintained by Wil DeGroot in Frenchtown NJ. I have all service and maintenance receipts. Mechanically its sound but cosmetically it could use some tidying up. The seat leather needs to be redone and the nose could stand a spray. There are a few other bits and bobs but overall its good. Absolutely no accidents. I’ve owned it for 8 years and I’m the third owner. The first 40,000 pounds takes it! As is. It’s currently located near Heathrow airport. For someone who wants to get into a Roadster and is capable of doing some hands on cosmetic work this is the car for you. For those of you who have the super speeders videos you can see it in the first two. PM me if anyone is interested or wants more information. I am currently located here in the U.S. but I have someone (business partner) in the UK who will take care anyone who might be interested and has full knowledge of the car. I am also offering this through other venues in the UK so subject to prior sale. Thanks in advance :icon_mrgreen:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but you will not find a Euro 97 LHD Roadster (running) for under $100,000 U.S. Someone's going to get this for $80,000.

post-1035-1218143882_thumb.jpg

post-1035-1218143905_thumb.jpg

post-1035-1218143928_thumb.jpg

post-1035-1218143947_thumb.jpg

post-1035-1218143965_thumb.jpg

post-1035-1218143985_thumb.jpg

post-1035-1218144005_thumb.jpg

post-1035-1218144027_thumb.jpg

post-1035-1218144046_thumb.jpg

Easily the cheapest the Roadster here (UK), and looks stunning. I think the only problem shifting it may be the fact its LHD, but in my opinion the price more than makes up for that. Good luck with the sale!!

you have PM!!!!!

NICE! Go for it Emilio!!! :icon_thumleft: I dont think youll ever get into a Roadster cheaper then this!!! :icon_super:

Wow - I've noticed that the asking price for Diablo's generally seems to have fallen by £10-£20K over the past 18 months in the UK but this is crazy!!

Of course I wish you luck with the sale but I also wish you were asking more for it - I don't want mine to depreciate any more!!

Cheers

Zack

I was waiting for this question. Let me just say that yes this may seem to good to be true but it IS just one of those one off deals. In short I want it sold and I want it sold NOW that’s it and it’s not any more complicated then that. Scratch you head - say I’m f-ing nuts - but somebody is going to have an opportunity that seldom happens. There is no hidden agenda, no shady deal, no bad history on the car, I am as honest as the day is long. This is a straight up fare and square deal. Sometimes it happens and this time I'm the one offering it. What ever I might loose on it is of no matter to me. I make my money else where. Let me add that when I bought it 8 years ago the pound was $1.65 it's now $2 so out of the gate I have an 18% advantage on the exchange. And if you all must know that the difference between what I bought the car for 8 years ago and what I'm asking now is only $20,000. Yes believe it or not I paid $100,000 (61,000 pounds) 8 years ago when they were selling for a 100,000 pounds. $20,000 for 8 years and over 30,000 kilometers of driving to me is a bargain. I had the deal of a lifetime 8 years ago now I'm giving someone else the same chance. Zak I would not worry about this affecting the price of your car. This is an isolated offer. I believe it could well be years before a deal like this will be offered openly again.

did you scan those photos? what type of cosmetic work are we talking about here?

The top 3 photos are digital the others are scanned from color negatives that's just what I had. I have others but............................................

I may be being a bit critical here when I say cosmetic. I drove the car. I never had the nose clear guarded so the nose is well stone chipped. The drivers seat flat out needs to be redone. If you have the drivers seat done you'll also need to have the passenger seat done so they match. The paint behind the rear wheels on the lower corner of the quarter panels are worn. The leather on the arm rest in the center console is clean but looks tired. Should have that done as well. The little bit of black carpeting that it has (while clean and tidy) does not have that deep black unused look anymore. The coating on the rims should probably be redone but there is no curbing. Overall it's clean and tidy but it's not the fanatical showroom - straight from the factory - condition that most people obsess about. The cost of having these things done are a LOOOOOOOOOONNNGG way from what the car is worth. I've had a new clutch put in it 3 months ago and that is the biggest gift to ANY buyer. I simply have had my fun, I no longer spend enough time in the UK to enjoy it, I no longer have the time to deal with it, and I would rather just sell it and let someone else have the fun with it.

I'll answer any other questions!

How is it possible this car is still available. If it was in the states I would have bought it all ready. Yesterday!

Price in USD today is $76,800. fcuk!

How is it possible that this car is still available. If it was in the states I would have bought it all ready. Yesterday!

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

How is it possible this car is still available. If it was in the states I would have bought it all ready. Yesterday!

You cannot import the car, unless it has had a substantial amount of EPA/DOT modifications. That is assuming, it is even importable to begin with. Their is a DOT list, of approved cars (post 1985) for importation. You can petition the DOT, to allow importation, if the car is not on the importable list. The show and display permit, cannot be approved with this car. It also cannot be imported as a race-car.

With U.S. importation, a bond must be posted, and the modification work will have to be performed, from an EPA/DOT approved licensed shop, that converts Euro cars, to U.S. specs.

It looks better without the wing :icon_super:

You cannot import the car, unless it has had a substantial amount of EPA/DOT modifications. That is assuming, it is even importable to begin with. Their is a DOT list, of approved cars (post 1985) for importation.

Ralfabco.

YES YOU CAN LEAGALY IMPORT THE CAR. Just FYI the 96-97 Roadsters are the ONLY diablos on the DOT/NHTSA list which ARE allowed for conversion to U.S. spec. Yes the process is quite involved but it CAN be done. I personally had spoken to the owner of the company who did the first one to get it approved. It was a silver 97 Roadster.

SEE http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/elig050108.pdf

Dave

Ralfabco.

YES YOU CAN LEAGALY IMPORT THE CAR. Just FYI the 96-97 Roadsters are the ONLY diablos on the DOT/NHTSA list which ARE allowed for conversion to U.S. spec. Yes the process is quite involved but it CAN be done. I personally had spoken to the owner of the company who did the first one to get it approved. It was a silver 97 Roadster.

SEE http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/elig050108.pdf

Dave

Dave

I did not know, it was on the list. In addition, you can import a 1983 Mondial :eusa_naughty:

I have seen several diablo roadsters from 97 to 99 imported and federalized.

Yes, it has been done. I am aware of the DOT list. However, I did not know, if the 97 was actually on the list. Example: Note how a 93 512TR is on the list, yet a 92 is not.

If a U.S. buyer wants to drive it on the street, it will be required to have substantial ($$$$$) DOT and EPA mods, before it can be released from bond.

If you really want to have the car here in the U.S., don't forget about the indian reservation trick... :lol2: On another note, can this car be brought into canada without much difficulty?

If you really want to have the car here in the U.S., don't forget about the indian reservation trick... :lol2: On another note, can this car be brought into canada without much difficulty?

lol

In Cn, as far as I know, it has to be 15 years old, to register and plate the car. I don't know about tricks or Indian reservations in Cn :icon_mrgreen:

I have seen several diablo roadsters from 97 to 99 imported and federalized.

abolfaz,

Do you know which company(s) that were used to do the conversion? I'm aware of the one in Baltimore.

Dave