Midwest Women

TheFilipinoStig

Why are all women from the Midwest stupid, boring and about as exciting as falling down a flight of stairs? Really, I've tried... but the amount of 'stupid' never ceases to amaze me. Some of the cute ones open their mouths and it's straight 'ree-ree.'

Where/how did you guys meet your 'soulmate'/wife/significant other? And is it completely different across the pond?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking to anyone from IU, U of I, UW or a big ten school? Or are they from the North Shore of Chicago? All will result in idiocy.

Ah, the good old women rant, I remember feeling this way at 22... hell my friend and I would actually quiz girls with something simple like "when did WW2 start?" just to prove to each other this point... unfortunately looking back now all I can say is the point is to start hanging out where higher quality women are.

My BS theory:

Take 10 midwest girls. 5 will be fat/overweight right off the bat.. some places it's as high as 7 Out of 10 2-4 will have good bodies. This automatically entitles them because guys hit on these a lot more.. Out of those 2 might have good personalities. Pick the less clingy one.

Go to a place where out of 10 9 will not be overweight, 5-7 will be attractive, 4 will be flat out great and then personality is your key. I find girls are sweeter and nicer right off the bat in certain places in the south - Austin TX for example. Right now in FL around Miami there are a lot of fake superficial shit imo, but you can still find cool girls. At least they all look good, that can carry you for awhile if you keep it very very light on the intelligence part.

Well since you asked I met my wife at school. Short story is as follows. Girlfriend came up and dumped me on homecoming weekend freshman year. My "mentor" on the football team took me to a party to cheer me up. Meet a cute girl and started talking. A year later we were dating.

As for how I knew she was the one....First time I took her home to meet my parents she made a joke about my mom NOT coloring her hair (my mother-in-law does). Any woman that feels comfortable enough to make a joke like that the first time she meets my mom is a keeper. My mom can be rather intense seeing that she is German and her name is Helga.

Sorry you had a rough night man!

Hate to break it to you, all girls are like that, the downside for you is the Midwestern ones are fat too. (I lived in Indy before moving to the Left Coast).

The true way to find a 'keeper' woman is find one that has the right amount of crazy that you can stand because they are all crazy.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Just remember..no matter how beautiful,intelligent,popular,famous or interesting a woman might seem...theres a man somewhere thats sick of putting up with her shit.

I do best with women when I am really in the mind set of I dont fcuking care...I almost always strike out when the goal is to "find" a woman.

You have to be able to look at them and not have the "I really would like to go home with you" look on your face.

The best date I recently had was one in which I set the tone at the beginning of the night with "Im happy we get to go out and have some fun and grab some dinner together...I like having you as a friend" I could see the look on her face like it about knocked her out of her chair. She had no idea what to do when the cards had been flipped on her and she had been put in the friend zone. You should have watched her try to convince me all night that "even though we were friends you could see something happening with us right?"

Relax...enjoying meeting new people,women etc... and soon one will come along worth having without even trying.

Are you talking to anyone from IU, U of I, UW or a big ten school? Or are they from the North Shore of Chicago? All will result in idiocy.

Give me a fcuking break. You are in no position to cast stones mr iowa.

You have to be able to look at them and not have the "I really would like to go home with you" look on your face.

The best date I recently had was one in which I set the tone at the beginning of the night with "Im happy we get to go out and have some fun and grab some dinner together...I like having you as a friend" I could see the look on her face like it about knocked her out of her chair. She had no idea what to do when the cards had been flipped on her and she had been put in the friend zone. You should have watched her try to convince me all night that "even though we were friends you could see something happening with us right?"

Relax...enjoying meeting new people,women etc... and soon one will come along worth having without even trying.

I've heard I've had the problem of just not being approachable. Not sure if that fits in the same box.

Guest Rob Burgundy
I've heard I've had the problem of just not being approachable. Not sure if that fits in the same box.

What do you think its about in your mannerisms or body language that would have people tell you that you are unapproachable?

Well there is your problem. You're a guy, therefore you're the one that should be approaching...

Give me a fcuking break. You are in no position to cast stones mr iowa.

I'm not from Iowa, but the North Shore of Chicago. I put a generalization to Big10 schools, since 80% of my graduating class went to 3 schools.

I'm just stating I've seen JAPs and idiocy contributing to how Midwest girls are perceived.

What do you think its about in your mannerisms or body language that would have people tell you that you are unapproachable?

I'm going to venture a guess and say crossed arms and no smile. The classic "I'm soo cool look", haha :P

Guest Rob Burgundy
Well there is your problem. You're a guy, therefore you're the one that should be approaching...

True in some cases but I dont agree 100%..

If your interested and she has no idea you exists you can either approach her or my personal favorite....hit on her friend and ask the girl you actually like about her friend...it drops her natural defensiveness and then as she gets talking to you you can start asking her about herself.

When you can tell a woman is interested in you and shes flirting with body language or glances....theres nothing more awesome then hanging back,acting cool and composed and letting them approach you.

No, it doesn't. One, you need to find out what scares the women away, Skokos can give you some great insight, but here are two short points:

1. (hot dumb) Girls do not like to be confused and feel like they are uncomfortable. There is the playbook and if you deviate chances are she will think you are a weirdo and walk away. Now like I said this is hot dumb girls, and the good news is if you follow the playbook hooking up with them is pretty easy. On the other hand I've said the most random things to cool/intelligent girls who can take a joke and it worked - and let me tell you, when they pull that on you instead of the usual "haha, lol" you almost want to marry them right there for having personalities.

2. Be nice to EVERYONE. I made a huge mistake for the first 2 years of college - I would completely ignore any girl who wasn't at least cute. I didn't want fat girls to hang out with me, call me, etc.. sometimes being a dick I would make fun of a fat girl only later to meet her HOT friends...and be shut off. In college everything is connected, DO NOT burn bridges. Rob is great at this imo - look at his facebook and how many comments he gets every time he puts a status, of not only stunning women, but all sorts of people! Treat others the way you want to be treated, as always.

Why are all women from the Midwest stupid, boring and about as exciting as falling down a flight of stairs? Really, I've tried... but the amount of 'stupid' never ceases to amaze me. Some of the cute ones open their mouths and it's straight 'ree-ree.'

What you dont want to settle for working for someone else for 50 years and getting married and having kids at 25?

Me being in South Dakota where it seems every ones goal is to be married and have at least one kid popped out by 22 I see where you are coming from. I would just love to find someone that has goals other than have 2 kids and have a Mini Van.

Personally I have found just make your life the way you want to be and be happy with yourself. If you need a women to be happy you are destined for failure. This is just my opinion, I have had people call me crazy for thinking like that but oh well.

Guest Rob Burgundy
2. Be nice to EVERYONE. I made a huge mistake for the first 2 years of college - I would completely ignore any girl who wasn't at least cute. I didn't want fat girls to hang out with me, call me, etc.. sometimes being a dick I would make fun of a fat girl only later to meet her HOT friends...and be shut off. In college everything is connected, DO NOT burn bridges. Rob is great at this imo - look at his facebook and how many comments he gets every time he puts a status, of not only stunning women, but all sorts of people! Treat others the way you want to be treated, as always.

On this point I couldn't agree more...first and foremost I actually really enjoy all types of people and see good qualities in most everyone and always offer friendship 1st and letting them give me the reasons why I shouldn't be a friend....Now at the risk of sounding coincided I cant tell you how many times Ive been introduced or been hooked up by the hot chicks ugly friend just because I was genuine and nice to them. Ill go as far as even flirting.....I know its harmless,I know its not going anywhere...but do you have any idea of how much it endears you to a women who might not be very attractive or gets hit on very little to have a guy come up,be sweet,put a hand on her shoulder at the bar,smile and be genuinely interested in what shes saying....and then when I say to her "Whos your pretty friend?" do you think she has any hesitation to grab me by the hand and say " HEY ****** ,this is my friend Rob,you two have to meet." CHA CHING.

Also thanks for the compliments rawr :icon_thumleft:

Marriage for 15 years = Sucked bad.

Single now = Awesome.

Some people just shouldn't co-habitate with other people. I'm one of them. Way too particular and neurotic to actually have another human being invade my space (that comment doesn't include my kids, I have warped and molded them into little me's so they share in my dementia).

On this point I couldn't agree more...first and fore most I actually really enjoy all types of people and see good qualities in most everyone and always offer friendship 1st and letting them give me the reasons why I shouldn't be a friend....Now at the risk of sounding coincided I cant tell you how many times Ive been introduced or been hooked up by the hot chicks ugly friend just because I was genuine and nice to them. Ill go as far as even flirting.....I know its harmless,I know its not going anywhere...but do you have any idea of how much it endears you to a women who might not be very attractive or gets hit on very little to have a guy come up,be sweet,put a hand on her shoulder at the bar,smile and be genuinely interested in what shes saying....and then when I say to her "Whos your pretty friend?" do you think she has any hesitation to grab me by the hand and say " HEY ****** ,this is my friend Rob,you two have to meet." CHA CHING.

Also thanks for the compliments rawr :icon_thumleft:

Nice, that reminds me of something, some years ago I watched a video where a guy said that he loves every woman - and acts as if every woman is his best lover. He would call random girls sweeties and darlings and do this with every girl, not just the good looking one. So I tried it, and at one point it got pretty ridiculous, I was being genuinely sweet to pretty much every woman I've ran across... and I gotta tell you, once they see it, they are very fast at returning "the love" back. I think I went wrong somewhere lately because I do this less now, but I am going to get back to it, and not just with women, in general if you make the first move like Rob said - and show people you are not afraid to give love people will gladly connect with you.

Think about it, a person who isn't pretending to be something or be a certain way to make others think something of him is very powerful - it shows you are so confident in who you are that you totally open yourself to any criticism.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Nice, that reminds me of something, some years ago I watched a video where a guy said that he loves every woman - and acts as if every woman is his best lover. He would call random girls sweeties and darlings and do this with every girl, not just the good looking one. So I tried it, and at one point it got pretty ridiculous, I was being genuinely sweet to pretty much every woman I've ran across... and I gotta tell you, once they see it, they are very fast at returning "the love" back. I think I went wrong somewhere lately because I do this less now, but I am going to get back to it, and not just with women, in general if you make the first move like Rob said - and show people you are not afraid to give love people will gladly connect with you.

Think about it, a person who isn't pretending to be something or be a certain way to make others think something of him is very powerful - it shows you are so confident in who you are that you totally open yourself to any criticism.

Loving this side of you man!

On this "some years ago I watched a video where a guy said that he loves every woman - and acts as if every woman is his best lover. He would call random girls sweeties and darlings and do this with every girl, not just the good looking one. So I tried it, and at one point it got pretty ridiculous, I was being genuinely sweet to pretty much every woman I've ran across... and I gotta tell you, once they see it, they are very fast at returning "the love" back."

Where you have to be careful with this is what Ive learned is that the positive stuff you get from this is a genuine reaction back and women are much more willing to be open and caring with you if your being sweet and genuine in the way you talk and with the names....BUT in my own life I ran into the problem when I genuinely fell in love with someone that I was told " I dont feel any different then any of the other girls" "You cant call me that name because thats what you called her"

I learned there is a fine line with bringing up feelings and emotions with someone when you speak so openly with love. If your going to do it you need to find a way to show affection and love to people you care about and then you need to find away to separate it and show it much deeper and more sincerely to someone you are actually IN love with.

Also nothing worse then going out with a girl and her saying " So your a smooth talker...Ive heard your sweet to every girl".

BAM your done for because all shes saying is " I think your going to try to play me and im going to have my guard up ten times more with you then I would anyone else."

So be careful in how you lay on the charm..

I never really think about it, but I guess I don't smile much - unless I laugh at something in my head or a legitimately funny joke. I have a hard time faking a real smile. I caught it when I was running at the gym the other day and just thought of something funny - and smiled - and a girl happened to be looking right at me and smiled back when I did this inadvertent smile.

Ya, sounds clinical and lame - but it's just me. I've been told this from several people now - and I'm looking for ways to change. Appreciate the input, guys - keep it coming.

Guest Rob Burgundy
I never really think about it, but I guess I don't smile much - unless I laugh at something in my head or a legitimately funny joke. I have a hard time faking a real smile. I caught it when I was running at the gym the other day and just thought of something funny - and smiled - and a girl happened to be looking right at me and smiled back when I did this inadvertent smile.

Ya, sounds clinical and lame - but it's just me. I've been told this from several people now - and I'm looking for ways to change. Appreciate the input, guys - keep it coming.

Nah.. screw that idea...if your not a smiler then your not and it will just create awkwardness trying to make your body do something naturally that it doesn't want to. I smile a lot,I like to smile so I smile...it would be the same as me trying to keep a constant straight face...its just never going to happen and if it did it would be obvious.

Instead focus on your presence. Sit and stand in "open body" without arms crossed (Do you want to talk to someone who looks like there saying leave me alone?) Do you sit at the "power positions" at tables or are you a middle of the row kind of guy. Do you stand near a door or against a wall like your not wanting to be there or do you work the room and stand out to be noticed (dont be a wall flower). Just have it in your mind that "Im here to be seen and if someones looking at me im confident in who I am enough to think its because there noticing something good about me" ( And if not fcuk EM ANYWAYS,its non of your business what somebody else thinks about you) Some of the most noticeable people to me are the ones who reserve there laughs and smiles for things that are genuinely funny but the rest of the time they have their composure so under their control you cant help but notice...they stand out in the good way just as a much as a loud obnoxious idiot trying to get attention stands out in a negative way.

Be the master of yourself and people will take notice. Women pick up on confidence just like a dog does with fear.

I have tried being nice to women, they just thought I was gay.

So now I'm just a dick to them and for some reason they respect that a lot more.

Just remember..no matter how beautiful,intelligent,popular,famous or interesting a woman might seem...theres a man somewhere thats sick of putting up with her shit.

I do best with women when I am really in the mind set of I dont fcuking care...I almost always strike out when the goal is to "find" a woman.

wow... this is gold...