2018 Lamborghini Urus

LamboCARS

With the Lamborghini Urus to be ready for production in 2018 I've tried to virtualize how this new SUV might look as a production version.

Added rear view mirrors, door handles, Pirelli Scorpion tires, more usable wheels for a 3,000 unit production and the necessary side markers for the US ... oh yes, and a ski box on the roof :icon_mrgreen:

A special shade of blue:

2018_urus_production_1.jpg

Black always looks great:

2018_urus_production_10.jpg

Or some light metallic shade, popular on SUV in Europe

2018_urus_production_14.jpg

A nice grey metallic will work well too

2018_urus_production_17.jpg

How about a more aggressive Urus ... meet the Urus 6x6

2018_urus_production_3.jpg

Or an Urus Polar Explorer

2018_urus_production_5.jpg

Check out the Urus Mobile Office stretch

2018_urus_production_6.jpg

It's nice to dream I guess ... more shades in my article: The 2018 Lamborghini Urus production version rendered

The limousine and the normal ones look awesome...man the amber side markers are ugly as hell though. Yay on the European one. Really nice man!

Thank you for the nice comments.

I've seen an interview with Stephan Winkelmann online (he was still CEO at the time) and he mentioned $215,000 as the price.

V8 turbocharged with hybrid system, 600hp with four or five seats ... but somehow I don't think the seats from the concept will survive into the production model, neither those carbon fin wheels ... too expensive for a 3,000 a year model I think.

Thank you for the nice comments.

I've seen an interview with Stephan Winkelmann online (he was still CEO at the time) and he mentioned $215,000 as the price.

V8 turbocharged with hybrid system, 600hp with four or five seats ... but somehow I don't think the seats from the concept will survive into the production model, neither those carbon fin wheels ... too expensive for a 3,000 a year model I think.

sounds good, excited to see this unveil!

Bentayga is about $230k w options. I am going to guess at least $270k and most likely $300k given pricing of Huracan.

What a nice looking SUV. But if it is anything similar to Bentayga, it would be still heavy and small inside.

Bentayga is about $230k w options. I am going to guess at least $270k and most likely $300k given pricing of Huracan.

What a nice looking SUV. But if it is anything similar to Bentayga, it would be still heavy and small inside.

Doubt Lamborghini will have the option for a 150k clock though.

I saw the Bentley today. 267 sticker. It was nice, much less ostentatious than I was expecting, just classy and refined. I'd take it over a Continental.

Interestingly, they claimed it is the fastest suv on the planet, including the Cayenne Turbo S and only a little more expensive...

I saw the Bentley today. 267 sticker. It was nice, much less ostentatious than I was expecting, just classy and refined. I'd take it over a Continental.

Interestingly, they claimed it is the fastest suv on the planet, including the Cayenne Turbo S and only a little more expensive...

I messed around with one today while I was ordering a new Continental GT Speed, and I thought the truck was pretty nice. I might go back and drive one tomorrow to see whats up. It looked way better in person than the pictures show.

I just read a article online and the new CEO said it will start at $200,000 USD

:iamwithstupid:

Good article / interview actually. They are currently on track to sell ~4,000 cars this year. Urus sales should be about 50% of total sales, pushing the company to the 7,000+ mark. $200k. It's like what Porsche did, but smaller volumes. I think they go full whore on the Urus. We'll have all kinds of models, "special" editions, etc. Gotta pay for Dieselgate somehow.

Edit: Here's a link Lambo Volumes

And the article:

Lamborghini Reveals Production Cap Along With New Info On Its Urus SUV

by Michael Hines

We now know how much the first Lamborghini SUV will cost and the year it'll come out. Lamborghini has been steadily increasing its sales in recent years, with the Italian supercar maker on track to move over 4,000 cars this year. We know that the company is aiming to increase sales in order to keep pace with Ferrari, but we didn’t know what its target number was until now. Lamborghini CEO Stefano Domenicali told Reuters that the goal is to sell 7,000 cars per year by 2019. For reference Ferrari is aiming for 9,000 sales per year by 2019, albeit with a larger lineup but no SUV.

Domenicali said supercar production would be capped at 3,500 vehicles per year. That leaves the Urus SUV to make up the other 3,500 sales. Domenicali called the Urusu a “big game-changer"

and said that Lamborghini would “push like hell” to sell 3,500 units per year. To do this it plans to increase its dealership network from 132 stores to 160. But the Urus may still face a tough battle. Lamborghini is set to launch the SUV in 2018 and will sell it for around $200,000. Two years is a short amount of time for a car to go from non-existence to 3,500 sales. If Lamborghini were smart it would start releasing more images and info of the Urus sooner rather than later. Selling thousands of SUVs isn’t as easy as selling 20 limited edition supercars.

Should Lamborghini be able to meet its ambitious sales goals the brand will be in a good position heading into 2020. By that time a hybrid-electric Urus should be on the market with an all-electric version potentially close behind. The good news is that despite its sales push the company’s supercars will remain pure. Part of that is thanks to the production cap. The other part is the automaker’s vow to keep the driving experience at the forefront. Domenicali has no plans to axe steering wheels from the cockpit or let tech take over entirely. "If you buy a Lamborghini you want to drive ... We are talking about emotions. In life, technology has to be part of the emotion."