Aventador exhaust valve disconnect

First

I am so sick of the car's anemic valved exhaust sound. And yet I recall another member saying you cannot disconnect them without triggering CEL lights after a couple of drives.

Does anyone or any tuners have a solution yet to disconnecting the valves? I dont want aftermarket exhaust. The stock exhaust sounds perfect for me when the valves are open but how do you disconnect them so it sounds good from 1000rpm and not 3500rpm? I know driving it in Sports and Corsa makes the valve open much faster around 3000rpm or so but thats not good enough!

ANYONE? At wits here...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish i could disable the valves without triggering cells, stock exhaust sounds awesome with the valves open. Some one needs to come up with a solution

You could try one of the capristo or cargraphic valve controllers, basically a remote kill switch for the exhaust valve solenoid.

It was mentioned it only brought a cel on a cold startup, not sure if this is the case though.

Let it run up as normal,then kill the power and valve open all the time and maybe no lights.

I agree. Stock exhaust is too mild and has no drama until one selects sports mode. I am waiting for my car to hit 6500km mark for service to try unpluging the hose. 2000km to go before trial. Will post results if there is cel.

I agree. Stock exhaust is too mild and has no drama until one selects sports mode. I am waiting for my car to hit 6500km mark for service to try unpluging the hose. 2000km to go before trial. Will post results if there is cel.

by any chance, is your Aventador Grigio Telesto? if so, could you post some photos? :D

by any chance, is your Aventador Grigio Telesto? if so, could you post some photos? :D

As you wish...

By the way, there are so many people copy and paste pics in teamspeed. I didnt want that to happen so I didnt upload the pics there. Too much unwanted attentions...

(add) I will try when the weather permits.... :)

post-4347-1328655037.jpg

post-4347-1328657025_thumb.jpg

As you wish...

By the way, there are so many people copy and paste pics in teamspeed. I didnt want that to happen so I didnt upload the pics there. Too much unwanted attentions...

Thats out of this world hot. I need better pics please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! PLEASE!

Thats out of this world hot. I need better pics please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! PLEASE!

:iamwithstupid:

Extremely bad-ass on that car and I haven't been a fan of the 'Battleship' grey previously...

Thanks for the photos, j09333! Looks badass!

I wonder how many will be made in that color, I'm sure it will be very unique.

On the subject of grey, where the fcuk are all the Grigio Estoque cars that I'm going to want to buy in a couple years?!

Ive seen a couple posted on F chat. I know there is one in ohio without black wheels and orange and black interior.....

As you wish...

Is that a Honda Ruckus scooter in the first picture?

• 2 weeks later...
As you wish...

I missed this post with the pics before. I knew Grigio Telesto would look perfect on this car but holy fcuk!

j09333 congrats on the car and great taste.

and more pics please!!

I missed this post with the pics before. I knew Grigio Telesto would look perfect on this car but holy fcuk!

j09333 congrats on the car and great taste.

and more pics please!!

Thank you for the comments.

I havn't found time and weather good enough to take pics yet.

But I will post them soon as I get them.

Just disconnected the valve today. It sounds so good at low rev. So far no fault codes. I will see over the next few days if it throws any codes. One of the member saying it throws a code after several cold starts may be an unrelated event. We will see. I just got the aventador VAS system so I can clear and diagnose any codes now. Anyone wants me to try anything?

Will try post a clip of the unvalved stock exhaust sound later. And took a few pics with the rear spoiler and both is flaps in service position. It looks so hot!!!

Just disconnected the valve today. It sounds so good at low rev. So far no fault codes. I will see over the next few days if it throws any codes. One of the member saying it throws a code after several cold starts may be an unrelated event. We will see. I just got the aventador VAS system so I can clear and diagnose any codes now. Anyone wants me to try anything?

Will try post a clip of the unvalved stock exhaust sound later. And took a few pics with the rear spoiler and both is flaps in service position. It looks so hot!!!

you are my hero!!!!

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but on the subject of Grigio Telesto Aventadors, we just delivered one on Tuesday. Grigio Telesto/Black, Black Wheels, Yellow Calipers and Springs. I put a few pictures of it up on our facebook page last night: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lamborghini-...on/145998301871

It looked even better outside under the lights as he was leaving that night!

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but on the subject of Grigio Telesto Aventadors, we just delivered one on Tuesday. Grigio Telesto/Black, Black Wheels, Yellow Calipers and Springs. I put a few pictures of it up on our facebook page last night: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lamborghini-...on/145998301871

It looked even better outside under the lights as he was leaving that night!

He sure has taste! :)

I am disconnecting today. Will post results. Excited!!

He sure has taste! :)

I am disconnecting today. Will post results. Excited!!

Been a week for me, no check lights. Did about 6 or 7 cold starts now. Fingers crossed!

Been a week for me, no check lights. Did about 6 or 7 cold starts now. Fingers crossed!

Low speed drivability is also a lot better during cold car with the valve disconnected. Car becomes much smoother in cold low rev

Awesome to hear! If you get a chance please post a clip at low/high revs. Would be interested in seeing those pics with the rear flaps up too :icon_thumleft: