Headed back to UGR !! Phase Two

svoshop

Well, there were bets out there that this would not take long. To my surprise, it sure didn't. For those who do not know, last summer, I took my 560-2 and ended up at UGR with a bolt on kit. I had only had the car for 500 miles, when I went with the upgrade. The transformation of the car is hard to put into words. It surpassed my every expectation, and I was blown away with not only the car... But with Kevin at Underground Racing.

Fast forward to January of this year. The kit has been driven about 1000 miles, and I decide to take the car to Wanna Go Fast in Ocala Florida. The car did very well for the class of car that it was up against. I venture to say there was not a car in my power range, that was rear drive, and a manual transmission that was any faster than me. The car was great running 177.2 as my fastest time. I never even iced the intercooler box down. Just ran the car as it sits in my garage. I had VP109 unleaded in, and it was a blast. I know that the car would have went 180 with me shifting better, and a little cooler charge temps...

Having the opportunity to hang out in the pits with UGR... The stupid fast Black SL, the also stupid fast Yellow SL... I knew it was not going to be long until I wanted a little bump in power too...

gallardo%20ugr%20trip%207_zps42sy4viv.jp

Gallardo%20ugr%20trip%206_zps98w4mftf.jp

gallardo%20ugr%20trip%208_zpsnfo4icnk.jp

So, here we are. Two weeks after the event, and I decided it was time to upgrade. I emailed Kevin... He knew it was coming. Time to go faster. How much faster you ask?? Well, currently. This is our game plan.

We are building the car to a Stage 3 with race heads. Going to install a complete AWD system ( More on this in a minute ) and do the suppression system, harness bars/partial cage, and maybe a shift light to keep me off the rev limiter :eusa_wall:

I was very torn about going AWD on this car. Running the stock tires, or the Toyo R888 I have had not one ounce of trouble with traction. The MoTec does all the work for me and keeps that boost lower in the lower gears. However, being that I want to race this car more often, it was a joint decision that with the lack of traction at runways, and the higher HP/TQ numbers this car will make. It was in the name of safety that we went AWD. I would not for a second think twice about going RWD with a stage 3, but I know there is more power around the corner, so just doing it now while the motor is out, made sense.

So, there you have it. I am sure this thread will get updated soon. As the car is currently at UGR and has been for around 10 days. Knowing Kevin, the engine is already out and at the machine shop. That outfit knows how to turn cars. For those of you who have your cars currently there, I said hi to all of them for you. My wife and I are like kids at the toy store when we are there. It is simply amazing.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Unloading at the shop.

Gallardo%20UGR%20Trip%201_zpson83exbi.jp

Gallardo%20UGR%20trip%202_zpswoaqaylu.jp

For now this is all I have. Thanks to Dustin ( Duhawks ) and his advice I have relied upon. You're next buddy..

Mike

It was in the name of safety that we went AWD.

Excellent!!!

We're glad to see you're heeding the "wise counsel" of those who've gone before you ...

Congrats ... Looks like you're in for a great Spring ...

Awesome news. Shame you need to add the weight and driving dynamics of the 4wd system, but it is going to be awesome still. and safe. congrats

Really cool news! I can't wait to hear more about how they do a RWD to AWD conversion instead of the other way around.

I swear I saw your car at the PGHCnC Hanger party last year but I am going off of the vanity plate and to be honest I am not 100% that it was on a lambo at the time. Does your car have red stitching on the interior?

Really cool news! I can't wait to hear more about how they do a RWD to AWD conversion instead of the other way around.

I swear I saw your car at the PGHCnC Hanger party last year but I am going off of the vanity plate and to be honest I am not 100% that it was on a lambo at the time. Does your car have red stitching on the interior?

Yes. I am a member of the pgh cnc. It was at the auto show two weeks ago too!

Mike

Guest 300MPH
Well, there were bets out there that this would not take long. To my surprise, it sure didn't. For those who do not know, last summer, I took my 560-2 and ended up at UGR with a bolt on kit. I had only had the car for 500 miles, when I went with the upgrade. The transformation of the car is hard to put into words. It surpassed my every expectation, and I was blown away with not only the car... But with Kevin at Underground Racing.

Fast forward to January of this year. The kit has been driven about 1000 miles, and I decide to take the car to Wanna Go Fast in Ocala Florida. The car did very well for the class of car that it was up against. I venture to say there was not a car in my power range, that was rear drive, and a manual transmission that was any faster than me. The car was great running 177.2 as my fastest time. I never even iced the intercooler box down. Just ran the car as it sits in my garage. I had VP109 unleaded in, and it was a blast. I know that the car would have went 180 with me shifting better, and a little cooler charge temps...

Having the opportunity to hang out in the pits with UGR... The stupid fast Black SL, the also stupid fast Yellow SL... I knew it was not going to be long until I wanted a little bump in power too...

gallardo%20ugr%20trip%207_zps42sy4viv.jpg

Gallardo%20ugr%20trip%206_zps98w4mftf.jpg

gallardo%20ugr%20trip%208_zpsnfo4icnk.jpg

So, here we are. Two weeks after the event, and I decided it was time to upgrade. I emailed Kevin... He knew it was coming. Time to go faster. How much faster you ask?? Well, currently. This is our game plan.

We are building the car to a Stage 3 with race heads. Going to install a complete AWD system ( More on this in a minute ) and do the suppression system, harness bars/partial cage, and maybe a shift light to keep me off the rev limiter :eusa_wall:

I was very torn about going AWD on this car. Running the stock tires, or the Toyo R888 I have had not one ounce of trouble with traction. The MoTec does all the work for me and keeps that boost lower in the lower gears. However, being that I want to race this car more often, it was a joint decision that with the lack of traction at runways, and the higher HP/TQ numbers this car will make. It was in the name of safety that we went AWD. I would not for a second think twice about going RWD with a stage 3, but I know there is more power around the corner, so just doing it now while the motor is out, made sense.

So, there you have it. I am sure this thread will get updated soon. As the car is currently at UGR and has been for around 10 days. Knowing Kevin, the engine is already out and at the machine shop. That outfit knows how to turn cars. For those of you who have your cars currently there, I said hi to all of them for you. My wife and I are like kids at the toy store when we are there. It is simply amazing.

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Unloading at the shop.

Gallardo%20UGR%20Trip%201_zpson83exbi.jpg

Gallardo%20UGR%20trip%202_zpswoaqaylu.jpg

For now this is all I have. Thanks to Dustin ( Duhawks ) and his advice I have relied upon. You're next buddy..

Mike

What do you mean by a complete AWD system?

Aren't the Lambos AWD to begin with?

Some are gallardos are LP550-2 which are RWD

Congrats! I saw this coming for sure!

It's hard to explain to others but the TT cars are just so freaking exciting to drive that when done right. Your car looks great and I'll be just as fun with more power.

so you have been a lambopower member for a while now and dont know this?

It was just a question. That's how people learn.

so was my question.... i just wanted to learn how he has never heard of a 2wd lambo? what TTSL you own... i assume you have one with your screen name...?

His car is a special edition LP560-2 which still came with 6 speeds. Beautiful car. Hopefully will see it out and about in Cincy sometime.

His car is a special edition LP560-2 which still came with 6 speeds. Beautiful car. Hopefully will see it out and about in Cincy sometime.

To answer the above, as some already have. LP Gallardo's can be had in rear or all wheel drive.

Most are 550-2 and there were 27 560-2. The 560-2 were all manual transmissions, and there were only a few 550-2 that were manuals.

When the car is awd, it will be a 560-4...

Kevin2772, thanks for the compliments.... She will be out and about. I promise.

Mike

Car looks great! Should be interesting to see how much of a difference the AWD makes putting the power to the ground. That's awesome that you've never had any traction problems being 2wd.

Lol, that didn't take long! I could tell you had the itch for more power at the event and going with the AWD addition is a smart move. You are going to love the stage 3 and you will be setup perfectly now for future upgrades if and when you decide. Good luck and can't wait to see that beast at the next event! :)

Lol, that didn't take long! I could tell you had the itch for more power at the event and going with the AWD addition is a smart move. You are going to love the stage 3 and you will be setup perfectly now for future upgrades if and when you decide. Good luck and can't wait to see that beast at the next event! :)

How could I not have that "itch" You were ripping off 220+ runs. I was sold before I even emailed Kevin.

This game is a drug. And I am finding out I'm an addict. Lol

Mike

How could I not have that "itch" You were ripping off 220+ runs. I was sold before I even emailed Kevin.

This game is a drug. And I am finding out I'm an addict. Lol

Mike

GIVE THIS MAN A 2R BEFORE HE PASSES OUT!!!

lol.