Nowhere else to ask! Phantom Owners!

ben

There's no good Rolls-Royce forums!

Phantom owners, have you heard or tried any new brake pads that are dustless? I'm tired of cleaning the rims every 3 days. Much more dust on the front rims than the rear of course.

When I had my Plymouth Prowler (cool car and cheap too!) there were dustless pads available for it and I never had to clean the chrome rims again.

Anything like that for the Phantom?

Lambo Owners: Sorry to piss on the general forum, nowhere else to go with actual Phantom owners :)

Thanks!

-Ben

I still think its incredible that you have a Phantom AND a Lambo at 26 years old... :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Unfortunately, I cant help you with that problem though. ;) Im sure one of the other guys can.

All the BMWs have the same problem, my 750Li and my old 745i had the front wheels black within a day after car wash.

It's not only the pads fault, it's the way the brakes are cooled and the hot air channeled off the rotors.

26...that's impressive. Good thing i've got a few more years to catch up. Have you tried contacting any Rolls dealers? They might be able to offer some valuable alternatives

....lol, very impressive, but why drive a phantom @ 26? who u gonna fill it with realistically? and dont say "bitches" bc i doubt ull score a 4 or 5some hehe.

....lol, very impressive, but why drive a phantom @ 26? who u gonna fill it with realistically? and dont say "bitches" bc i doubt ull score a 4 or 5some hehe.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Friends and bitches.

While I was hoping for more responses on dustless brake pads rather than age........

Why drive a Phantom at 26? Silly question. The real question you should be asking, is why not? There's no reason I shouldnt own and drive the car and I do so with pleasure. I drive it daily and put about 1300 miles a month on it.

That's why I have 606 posts and you have 2155. I'm busy driving the cars, you're busy talking about them. :) Ok, that was a cheap shot but you deserved it :butthead: :P

I've called two RR dealers and none have suggestions for replacement pads. I'm trying to dig up the specs to see if there's an off the shelf replacement such as those green pads but no luck so far.

-Ben

i've had 5 bitches in my phantom, its easy to fill that car up. its the best car for that period. i wish i had a RR when I was 26. But i'm happy that I had 2 RR's and 4 Lambos at 38. ;)I just turned 39 so its time for another car.

time for the Veyron :supz:

Read my mind. ;)

Could you do something about the brake ducts? If what Joe says is true, if you could find a way to hack the ducts so they dont send too much air at the brakes, you could possibly get away with less dust. I doubt you'll ever fade the brakes on the RR, as spirited driving is completely out of the question.

-Olivier

You can never b too young to have a phantom. I got to the party a little late at 30. I wanted one by 24 but oh well.

It is the best car period and if u can have the best why not!!

As far as brakes go. There is a brembo upgrade and cross drilled rotors for the phantom.

It looks much better and its $7500. Only problem is u don't change the reat caliper which looks like shit.

The brakes suck on the car anyway so it would b a good improvment.

While I was hoping for more responses on dustless brake pads rather than age........

Why drive a Phantom at 26?  Silly question.  The real question you should be asking, is why not?  There's no reason I shouldnt own and drive the car and I do so with pleasure.  I drive it daily and put about 1300 miles a month on it.

That's why I have 606 posts and you have 2155.  I'm busy driving the cars, you're busy talking about them. :)  Ok, that was a cheap shot but you deserved it  :butthead:   :P  

I've called two RR dealers and none have suggestions for replacement pads.  I'm trying to dig up the specs to see if there's an off the shelf replacement such as those green pads but no luck so far.

-Ben

har har har;) lol. No i just meant if it were me id be more inclined to get a jaguar, lexus etc u know? but hey thats me. I like the 6.0 in ur avatar;)

har har har;) lol. No i just meant if it were me id be more inclined to get a jaguar, lexus etc u know? but hey thats me.  I like the 6.0 in ur avatar;)

The point is, stay on topic. No one cares what you'd buy, seriously. If they did, it would be in a thread entitled: "Guys, what would you buy out of these choices?".

You know better.

And this goes for the other people in this thread commenting on nonsense like age of ownership etc. Stay on topic. If you can't answer the brake question, then be quiet, or start a new thread with a title that applies to what you'd like to discuss. Janus and murclover: This means you. The two of you are constantly going off-topic in threads day after day. Control yourselves please.

I put Minitex Reds on my Jetta and they've improved dirtiness a ton but they also are a pretty shitty pad. But hey, for $35 on a daily driver, it's worth the trade off to me. Goes much longer between wheel cleanings now. I'd recomend getting all the specs and finding a shelf pad, surely they aren't one of a kind. However, for $300k or w/e I would want them to be. :mrgreen:

har har har;) lol. No i just meant if it were me id be more inclined to get a jaguar, lexus etc u know? but hey thats me.  I like the 6.0 in ur avatar;)

I've got a Lexus GX470 and a SC430 now already. Jaguars are an embarassment to british people. The 6.0 in the Avatar is mine too. :)

-Ben

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Nowhere else to ask! Phantom owners!

There's no good Rolls-Royce forums!

Well, now there is one !! :drunk

Ask away.. :lol: :lol:

Ever thought of giving the wheels some nano treatment? then the brake dust can't stick to the wheels. you can give your entire car that treatment. for instance the windshield, if treated, the water and dirt runs of when doing more than 40 mph, no need for wipers.

thinking of giving our p-cars and mercs that treatment. some guy here at the forum got his murci done at my local merc dealer. you can try and ask what it's like. I'll see if I can find the thread tomorrow, since it's 01:30 am here and a work day...