Last Real Lamborghini?

Furious George

A Diablo is basically an updated Countach. A Murcielago has a lot of the Diablo concept in it as well. It is true that Audi, has refined the Murcielago.

With today's market, I just do not think raw unrefined cars would sell anymore. It would sell in a cheap kit fashion, but it would probably be difficult for a legitimate company to sell a raw car today.

I do not think the F marque following has too much of a problem, with cars that have been developed with Fiat assistance and funds.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With today's market, I just do not think raw unrefined cars would sell anymore.

I think the Pagani is a pretty raw car though, and many people, especially on this board, like this kind of car. If Lamborghini would produce such a car and make it street-legal for the US, don't you think it would be a succes?

I think the Pagani is a pretty raw car though, and many people, especially on this board, like this kind of car. If Lamborghini would produce such a car and make it street-legal for the US, don't you think it would be a succes?

I think that cars today have become so perfect in driveability, that they tend to disconect the driver from car. I think the more advancement that happens, we might see a shift to more cars that are more raw.

The Pagani would sell hands down. Unfortunately I see Pagani, as little beyond a legitimate car builder (a decent sized dealer network that stocks inventory and parts etc...) . - It is a little beyond the price range, of most exotic car buyers. Everyone loves that car.

I think that cars today have become so perfect in driveability, that they tend to disconect the driver from car. I think the more advancement that happens, we might see a shift to more cars that are more raw.

This is why I got my Ford. There is nothing like being able to steer a car with your right foot. No cruise control, traction control, interior lights, clock, etc... I think as raw as you can get these days.

This is why I got my Ford. There is nothing like being able to steer a car with your right foot. No cruise control, traction control, interior lights, clock, etc... I think as raw as you can get these days.

This is one of the reasons for choosing the Diablo.

This is one of the reasons for choosing the Diablo.

The diablo isn't as easy to drive as the ford, I have never had a car that was so easy to drive fast.

It was the 1999 6.0 Diablo SV and GTR that made me fall in love with Lamborghini. The first time I came across one, I forgot about any other exotic on the road. The look of the 6.0 Diablo is just so much more aggressive, sporty, and cunning. I like the designs of the Gs and Ms, but the Diablo has a personality that the newer ones can't touch at all IMHO.

Modern designs are more "luxurious". The Diablo was for all out sexy aggressive sportiness...hardcore lines, mean stance.

As far as last "Real" lambo, then it would probably have been the Countach. But, again, it depends on where u personally draw the lines between "Real" and imitation. And if one thinks the Murcielagos and Gallardos are imitations..they are damn fine ones worth the money, drive, and praise haha

It was the 1999 6.0 Diablo SV and GTR that made me fall in love with Lamborghini.

Your blinded by your love for lamborghini, there is no such thing as a '99 6.0 SV!

carrera GT! you might die if u turn the traction control off, but its very raw:)

the last real lamborghini is the countach. The diablo was a joint effort between Chrysler and lamborghini essentially. the design of the diablo was essentially decided and tweeked by Chrysler with Gandini okaying the changes. One book i have which Gandini was interviewed , he stated it was hard for him to work with Chrysler.... Even more so, when the 6.0 came out, notice gandini is no longer on the plaque.... It is for a reason. Because gandini felt the design had deviated to much from his perception to take credit...

the last real lamborghini is the countach. The diablo was a joint effort between Chrysler and lamborghini essentially. the design of the diablo was essentially decided and tweeked by Chrysler with Gandini okaying the changes. One book i have which Gandini was interviewed , he stated it was hard for him to work with Chrysler.... Even more so, when the 6.0 came out, notice gandini is no longer on the plaque.... It is for a reason. Because gandini felt the design had deviated to much from his perception to take credit...

With all due respect to Gandini for creating astonishing cars like the Muira, Countach and the Diablo, I think its time for a whole new generation of designers to interpret the Lamborghini spirit. If Gandini had designed the Diablo without Chysler's assistance we would have the Cizeta ( a remarkable car, first V16,) which was looking a little dating in terms of design. Theres more to Lamborghini than which parent company owns it, its about the rawness of its engine, the breathtaking appearance and the philosophy of why the cars were built: To show Ferrari that sports cars can be built without fucked up clutches....

Even more so, when the 6.0 came out, notice gandini is no longer on the plaque.... It is for a reason. Because gandini felt the design had deviated to much from his perception to take credit...

Interesting. Does this have anything to do with the fact that some diablo's only have the plaque on the right side of the car and not on both sides? :eusa_think: :icon_mrgreen:

that might be....lol. Because he always felt it was a "cooperative" design effort.... so perhaps its some sort of sick italian design inside humor.....lol

I had to go and check my car. I have a plaque on both sides. Does that mean I'm special? :eek3dance:

I had to go and check my car. I have a plaque on both sides. Does that mean I'm special? :eek3dance:

Our cars have a plaque on both sides that says diablo 6.0!

Our cars have a plaque on both sides that says diablo 6.0!

Mine says NAZ on one side and YO SEF on the other. Is that a special model I have?

Mine says NAZ on one side and YO SEF on the other. Is that a special model I have?

If you don't have the signature 4 cyl engine, then its a fake.

If you don't have the signature 4 cyl engine, then its a fake.

I can't tell what kind of engine I have. There's a strange looking cover bolted on top of it.

I can't tell what kind of engine I have. There's a strange looking cover bolted on top of it.

Thats a tough one. You'll need to have Barboni inspect it.

'Real' Lamborghini? I think ALL Lamborghinis after Countach are 'unreal' in fact the 25th Countach itself was styled by Horacio Pagani(familiar last name?), an Argentinian. The original Diablo styled by Marcello Gandini was significantly 'butchered' by Chrysler in an American studio. But I love the 'Chrysed' Diablo. Absolutely splendid. The Gandini Diablo looks more like the Cizeta Moroder. Apparently he did the Cizeta first than just adapted that for the Diablo and Chrysler was unhappy. Still, Gandini was credited for the design hence his signature on every Diablo.

Gallardo? an improvement over the original (Giugiaro) Italdesign 'Cala' design. So the G does have more Italian DNA than most people realize. Diablo 6.0, Gallardo, Murcielago? Belgian Luc Donkey.. how you spell it :) Which I think is great. The Murcielago looks timeless and will age well. Incredible design and very much in the right design direction for Lamborghini. Personally I think the Murcie will be a tough act to follow.

In my humble opinion it all changed when the design went from Italian to German. Yes Audi owned Lamborghini during the Diablo 6.0 period but it was still the Marcello Ghandini design. The G and the Murci are German designs. The G and the Murci to me do not have the same impact but are technically great cars.

The Diablo was more american in my opinion than any other Lamborghini model ever built even.

The G and M-car maybe designed by a German but the bottomline is it was born and built in italy so even if the parents are german it was spawned on italian soil!. They are great cars with alot of potentual its just they don't have the outstanding performance to match the great looks. I really don't see how people say that Lamborghini went from Italian to German.