Nice countach for sale.

abolfaz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how valuable the bravo wheels are getting, I would make sure I keep an eye on my S1! :eusa_think:

Ya know it is funny. A few years ago, when an S1 was traded at regular 2 valve Countach prices, a set of those hot wheels, brought $10,000. With that, a set today, should be worth approx 3 times that number. With a LP 400 bringing big bucks a few days ago, it should open the door for even more appreciation of the S1 values.

So dem rare wheels, are worth how much ???? 30 today and 50 tomorrow !

Are the Bravo wheels the same on the front of the Countach as the one that came on the Jalpa? I know the back rims are 1 inch smaller in width, but what about the fronts?

I believe yes but with different offset. (?)

we know that it doesn't have original wheels :eusa_wall: , mirrors, stereo, ecc....

it has ugly speakers, there are no A/C vents and controls...

it would have been well worth 150k with bravos and original interior, but without them :eusa_think:

:iamwithstupid:

Under the topic, "ask the seller a question"

Should I ask, where are them damn Bravo wheels ?

If I do, do you think OneLamboSeller, will post the question, or will I get no response, and or an angry phone call ? :eusa_think:

Under the topic, "ask the seller a question"

Should I ask, where are them damn Bravo wheels ?

If I do, do you think OneLamboSeller, will post the question, or will I get no response, and or an angry phone call ? :eusa_think:

the only way to find out is............

please ask

I agree..IT IS A NICE CAR! If I could afford to buy it and sit on it for a year, I would.

I agree..IT IS A NICE CAR! If I could afford to buy it and sit on it for a year, I would.

I like your green car better though. Did you get to meet the last owners?

Yes, I met the last owners..2 nice guys. They had brought the car to a repair shop and told them to check out the car and "DO WHATEVER IT NEEDED DONE", needless to say, the repair bill was over 30K. They drove the car less than a hundred miles! So I really made out like a fat rat! Also I just checked my records to see what I sold my 1982 Countach for back in 1987......$35,000.00....Don't I feel stupid NOW!

Yes, I met the last owners..2 nice guys. They had brought the car to a repair shop and told them to check out the car and "DO WHATEVER IT NEEDED DONE", needless to say, the repair bill was over 30K. They drove the car less than a hundred miles! So I really made out like a fat rat! Also I just checked my records to see what I sold my 1982 Countach for back in 1987......$35,000.00....Don't I feel stupid NOW!

c'mon, don't feel bad: it was right money for 1987

about the 79 on e-bay: yes it is nice,

but if i would buy it i'll keep looking at those wheels and think they are wrong ones ....to me it would be better an 80 S2 but with proper ones even if i had to pay 10-15k more

I`m wondering about one thing. Most persons beliving in big increases in their "investment" are owners and traders of the type of cars the discussions is about. Do they know what they are talking about, or are they only interested in the price-hike to make a profit? I have for the last half year been searching for a car, but I have followed the ups-and-downs for years. The value some talk about in the states have an effect over here in europe, and to me it seems that the only result of that is that sale of cars are about to halt. In my search, I have been in contact with dealers in UK, Germany, France and Switzerland. It is mostly the same cars that is stil available today as 4-5-6 months ago, and by mail I have been offered cars for less than adverticed prices.

Lets put it this way: YOUR CAR IS NOT WORTH MORE THAN SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY!

I`m not, and collectors I know is in no way interested in paying in the region of $150-200.000 for an S1, so it will be interested to see what will be bid for this car. My wild guess is $115000.

For the discriminating buyer/collector any S model is not even close in value to to an LP400.

I`m wondering about one thing. Most persons beliving in big increases in their "investment" are owners and traders of the type of cars the discussions is about. Do they know what they are talking about, or are they only interested in the price-hike to make a profit? I have for the last half year been searching for a car, but I have followed the ups-and-downs for years. The value some talk about in the states have an effect over here in europe, and to me it seems that the only result of that is that sale of cars are about to halt. In my search, I have been in contact with dealers in UK, Germany, France and Switzerland. It is mostly the same cars that is stil available today as 4-5-6 months ago, and by mail I have been offered cars for less than adverticed prices.

Lets put it this way: YOUR CAR IS NOT WORTH MORE THAN SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY!

I`m not, and collectors I know is in no way interested in paying in the region of $150-200.000 for an S1, so it will be interested to see what will be bid for this car. My wild guess is $115000.

For the discriminating buyer/collector any S model is not even close in value to to an LP400.

The listed car does not have the original wheels. The original wheels are not easy to locate. - That will effect the price, of the car that is listed. With the wheels, the car would obtain more than your estimate.

We discuss all aspects about Countach autos. It is paint, originality, rarity, variations, backing it up, price, funny stories, investment potential, maintainance, visibility, availability of parts, cars forsale on the market, colors, the clutch, performance, prototypes, modifications, our loathing for kits, driver adaptability to the car, mirrors, enjoyment, glove boxes, reputable shops, bumpers, specs, shocks, and wings etc...

A discriminating Countach buyer/collector can purchase any model they like. The quintessential Countach is not a LP 400.

The quintessential Countach, is whatever is parked in your garage and makes you happy.

It is one of these -

QV DD

LP 5000 S

QV F.I.

LP 400S1

2 valve F.I.

Anniversario

LP 400 Periscopa

LP 400S2

LP 400 with factory S1 upgrades

Reply:

A discriminating Countach buyer/collector can purchase any model they like. The quintessential Countach is not a LP 400.

The quintessential Countach, is whatever is parked in your garage and makes you happy.

To me it seems like the LP400 is the "collector`s item to be", and price on these few cars will be higher due to the few cars produced. All other cars will in my view climb much slower. But to many rich collectors, it is not only what makes them happy but the collectability of the item that makes them want to pay whatewer asked, to be in the game. Pebble Beach next...

What makes you happy, will for the more average owner-to-be most possible be any Countach, whitch not put so much pressure on a specific model. For me any Countach will be just fine..

let me put in this way:

one S1 from Bobileff sold for almost 150k $

it has already been offered more than 150k$ for an S1....and even for a late hi roof S (S3), and the car on ebay without bravos,proper mirrors, ecc.. is already over 115k$

and yes there are buyers who just want a countach,

but there are buyers searching just for some cars and i feel after the LP400 the early S cars are the more sought after

imo if an original S1 would come for sale now it will reach much more than your estimate

I don't mind sharing some info about 1121056 now that it seems the previous owner from Long Island, NY must not be the owner anymore. This car was the next one off the assembly line (by chassis #) after mine. I became acquainted with the car and its owner through Terry at Ultimate Motors when he heard about the Bravo wheels for sale and he knew I was looking for them. Ultimately I bought the wheels from the NY owner. When I owned 1121054, I had a business trip to NY so I visited him one night and checked out his car.

The Wheels: I bought the Bravo wheels from 1121056 in 2002 for $4,000! The NY owner didn't like them, so he got a set of the later OZ wheels with new Pirellis from Al Burtoni, for $5,000 I think, which are now on the car. So contrary to the add, they are not 28 year old P7s, but rather would be from a post-1983 car, still plenty old. Funny thing is my car had been changed to the newer OZ wheels and I wanted the Bravos, so I ended up selling my OZ's to someone else and putting my car back on the correct wheels after refinishing them. They had been painted red to match the red car.

So to answer the question of where are the wheels now? Before I sold my car, I sold the wheels to a guy in Marina Del Ray, CA and he sold them to someone in Canada. (names intentionally withheld) Good luck persuading someone to let them go now for anything less than $20,000. Hard to imagine that much money for 4 wheels! They are probably not entirely safe anymore anyway. If only someone would take an original set to a machine shop, digitize and CNC machine new ones. Surely it would not cost that much to do.

The Center Console: The car did have a/c, but there was a roof mounted Panasonic stereo installed and the a/c vents were modified / tilted upwards to work better. I also noticed that it had the larger Jaeger instruments instead of the Stewart Warner gauges mine had. So this is where the registry info on that point came from.

The Mirrors: When I saw the car I believe it had the rectangular flag style Tornado mirrors. I sold some Vitaloni Turbos to the owner which appear to be on the car now.

The NY owner was restoring the car. He had bought it from his friend who was the original importer. The car had a German safety plaque in the front trunk along with some steel tubing to reinforce the bumper to the chassis. The rear wing was apparently damaged or bubbling and was not on the car when I saw it. He intended to paint the whole car (he was an auto body painter by trade) and was trying to figure out what color to paint it, the factory red versus some custom color like candy apple metallic.

He pulled the motor and trans and was trying to have it all rebuilt when the shop doing the mechanical work flaked out and left him with an unfinished engine in parts. Eventually, he found someone to put it back together and put it on a dyno for tuning because it was running pig rich. I guess he got it running right and installed in the car. He called me one day to ask if I had any spare parts because he had bumped the front end into another car. I sold him some OEM Carello driving lights to replace his cracked ones. I don't remember how extensive the other damage was.

It was only a few months ago that he offered to let me drive the car the next time I was in NY, so I was surprised to see it offered on ebay in Michigan. I'm impressed with the price it has attained so far and it has a while to go before the auction ends. Boy I wish I had mine still!

David J. Anderson

some thoughts and opinions.....as an owner of a very rare and exceptionally nice CT, I for one am enjoying the FACT that CT's valuations are on the rise - duh! One thing I find intriguing is the reaction this car (more than any other 'collectable' car I know of) garners with regards to said valuations. I've watched hemi cuda ragtops rise from 10's of thousands of dollars to multiple millions of dollars in fast order and I wonder what the owners of those cars read as far as opinions along the rapid ride up. It had to blow through 300k...900K....1.5million...etc. etc.

Already bid up over 119k, the car on ebay has made those that predicted 115K as tops WRONG. more opinions....I think eBay is an exceptionally inexpensive way to expose any car to the entire world for about a hundred bucks. Finding a direct buyer/bidder may not always occur, but as far as exposure and networking to the world it is an amazing opportunity. I almost parted with my car back in Decembr due to life changing events. I have a fair amount of my net worth in that car (not a rich dude, like many here are, but still in the 'club'!), but since I have insurance for these life changing events I am able to hold on to my gem.

Now why does one man's opinion on the value of a Countach PISS off so many? Strange phenomenon indeed....

I think my CT story/history may be interesting to some here, so I'll share, if you don't like it, scroll down!!

When I was 29 I bought my first CT (damn, I was proud!). It was a beautiful white/red, front wing, fabricated rear bumper, bought it from the "TOY STORE", a small out of the way mainly muscle car dealer in Phoenix, AZ. I had contacted Jim Heady out of the blue and he refererred me to a broker who had just made contact with him about that car. A day later I paid under 100K for it (this is 1990). I showed it at an early Concorso Italiano and it took 3rd place, after I drove it there from Walnut Creek, CA. Got photos of Al Burtoni and Jay Leno (in blue overalls) looking it over and judging it. Realize at one point I had an interested buyer in the car at 285K (no joke!! - those were the whacky Italian car days). A few years later, I caught my frisky young wife misbehaving and needed to part with a valuable asset to rid the wench from my life (divorce), I had a home, business, etc. to protect, so off went the Countach - very sad day :( and no, by that time it was not worth even 100K anymore, even more sad....ouch!

For years I watched from afar, but noticed the market on these cars just stayed down. A few years ago I enjoyed the sale of an overpriced home and took the proceeds and searched not only for another CT, but for the finest example of my favorite of all - the dd. I found a REAL GEM and bought it from a very nice and very professional broker by the name of Mike Haber in Bensalem, PA.

Considering the unbelievably amazing condition and quality restoration (Thank you Mike at Evans), I have simply preserved it, no racing around rashing the paint, etc. The point of my story (I love talking Countach, so hopefully someone will enjoy this story), is that I have an INVESTMENT grade CT, and I am not ashamed to admit I don't thrash around at high speeds and can't talk to you too much about it's performance, etc. etc., so valuations are of great interest to me for sure.

I did enjoy driving my former Countach and know they are amazing cars to drive, but this one is museum quality and will have to stay that way. As far as it's value - I hope I never have to sell it even when it tops a million bucks, lol!!

For those who are selling, get all the money you can, we are talking about THE exotic car icon of the history of the automobile - hands down! To me CT's are WAY undervalued even at today's rising prices when you compare them to ANY OTHER CAR!!

Got bored watching the stock market today, so just typed away.....hope my story didn't piss anyone off - like I said earlier it is interesting how just talking about a CT's value just pisses some off? Strange indeed....

:icon_super:

David

Nice post

I think your X-car, #1121054, was the last transition car, with the S/W gauges and new for the time, S1 body.

some thoughts and opinions.....as an owner of a very rare and exceptionally nice CT, I for one am enjoying the FACT that CT's valuations are on the rise - duh! One thing I find intriguing is the reaction this car (more than any other 'collectable' car I know of) garners with regards to said valuations. I've watched hemi cuda ragtops rise from 10's of thousands of dollars to multiple millions of dollars in fast order and I wonder what the owners of those cars read as far as opinions along the rapid ride up. It had to blow through 300k...900K....1.5million...etc. etc.

Already bid up over 119k, the car on ebay has made those that predicted 115K as tops WRONG. more opinions....I think eBay is an exceptionally inexpensive way to expose any car to the entire world for about a hundred bucks. Finding a direct buyer/bidder may not always occur, but as far as exposure and networking to the world it is an amazing opportunity. I almost parted with my car back in Decembr due to life changing events. I have a fair amount of my net worth in that car (not a rich dude, like many here are, but still in the 'club'!), but since I have insurance for these life changing events I am able to hold on to my gem.

Now why does one man's opinion on the value of a Countach PISS off so many? Strange phenomenon indeed....

I think my CT story/history may be interesting to some here, so I'll share, if you don't like it, scroll down!!

When I was 29 I bought my first CT (damn, I was proud!). It was a beautiful white/red, front wing, fabricated rear bumper, bought it from the "TOY STORE", a small out of the way mainly muscle car dealer in Phoenix, AZ. I had contacted Jim Heady out of the blue and he refererred me to a broker who had just made contact with him about that car. A day later I paid under 100K for it (this is 1990). I showed it at an early Concorso Italiano and it took 3rd place, after I drove it there from Walnut Creek, CA. Got photos of Al Burtoni and Jay Leno (in blue overalls) looking it over and judging it. Realize at one point I had an interested buyer in the car at 285K (no joke!! - those were the whacky Italian car days). A few years later, I caught my frisky young wife misbehaving and needed to part with a valuable asset to rid the wench from my life (divorce), I had a home, business, etc. to protect, so off went the Countach - very sad day :( and no, by that time it was not worth even 100K anymore, even more sad....ouch!

For years I watched from afar, but noticed the market on these cars just stayed down. A few years ago I enjoyed the sale of an overpriced home and took the proceeds and searched not only for another CT, but for the finest example of my favorite of all - the dd. I found a REAL GEM and bought it from a very nice and very professional broker by the name of Mike Haber in Bensalem, PA.

Considering the unbelievably amazing condition and quality restoration (Thank you Mike at Evans), I have simply preserved it, no racing around rashing the paint, etc. The point of my story (I love talking Countach, so hopefully someone will enjoy this story), is that I have an INVESTMENT grade CT, and I am not ashamed to admit I don't thrash around at high speeds and can't talk to you too much about it's performance, etc. etc., so valuations are of great interest to me for sure.

I did enjoy driving my former Countach and know they are amazing cars to drive, but this one is museum quality and will have to stay that way. As far as it's value - I hope I never have to sell it even when it tops a million bucks, lol!!

For those who are selling, get all the money you can, we are talking about THE exotic car icon of the history of the automobile - hands down! To me CT's are WAY undervalued even at today's rising prices when you compare them to ANY OTHER CAR!!

Got bored watching the stock market today, so just typed away.....hope my story didn't piss anyone off - like I said earlier it is interesting how just talking about a CT's value just pisses some off? Strange indeed....

:icon_super:

Great story !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please provide additional details, if time permits !

Enjoy your treasure. - We all want to collect the entire Countach series, from the LP 400 to the Anniversario :icon_mrgreen:

Grazie :icon_super:

let me put in this way:

one S1 from Bobileff sold for almost 150k $

it has already been offered more than 150k$ for an S1....and even for a late hi roof S (S3), and the car on ebay without bravos,proper mirrors, ecc.. is already over 115k$

and yes there are buyers who just want a countach,

but there are buyers searching just for some cars and i feel after the LP400 the early S cars are the more sought after

imo if an original S1 would come for sale now it will reach much more than your estimate

Also, remember 1121130 sold for $165,000