Your thoughts on "bargain for the money" cars

Guest skokos

Well he said "Bargain" which iam almost certain he was refering to cars that aren't more expensive than 50k.

You wanna go that far you also add in the Countach as well as the Testarossa's. I have yet to see a Diablo sell for under 100k well atleast here but if there is such a thing it really gives me something to look forward to :icon_super:

Uh, I got one under 100K three months ago.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me where you can buy a Diablo that's running and is not crashed for that price.

3-6 Months ago you could not any more the prices are increasing you can't score one for no less than 114k

http://autosupermarket.it/auto.xhtml?knd=s...spaceUD=N914933

http://autosupermarket.it/auto.xhtml?knd=s...spaceUD=N168447

http://www.carclassic.com/stock.asp?Ref=DV28&Lang=en

the last one supposedly comes with history, a lot of papers and new clutch at 35k

i don't know about US but there are some early diablos around 70-80k euro in Europe: some are good some not, with some time it is possible to find a nice diablo around 70k euro: i'd say GO FOR IT!! :icon_super:

continuing on the subject - give some choices or picks of cars that are really inexpensive, but make good beater/driver/investments....like Alfa spyders, or Fiat 124 spyders, etc.

I like duetto alfa's, although they are moving up in value and now mid 70's air cooled 911's are a good buy. Got to mention the Triumph cars - like the stag, TR6 and spitfire - cool cars and throw in an old Bronco (half-cabs are my favorite)..

Others??? :huh:

Well I won't even bother posting any more cars, all mentioned got my vote (well almost all...)

BUT GUYS, he's talking about the BEST bang for the buck!! I noticed plenty of high performance cars, but there's something to be said about the "EXOTIC" part of some of them. Sure, you can add about $20K to a 350Z and put away Lambos (proven by my lil bro's 400HP '04 350Z, who's on this list BTW), but where's the supercar, exotic and class!?!?

Not b/c I own one, but if you want exotic class appearance AND performance, proven track record and history, legal production vehicle that you will see less than any Ferrari or Lambo (and of course, your "Best bang for buck"...), the Lotus Esprit V8, or if you are just hardcore, the Lotus Exige S or Noble M400. Not to mention that you can modify the Esprit for more than reasonable prices. About $5K gets you an extra 100 HP and then some in reliable and simple upgrades. My car SAFELY does about 425 HP to the wheels (that's about 500HP at the crank).

All these cars are GREAT choices, and I definitely agree with the EVO and Mercedes SL's... not to mention the toughtest and most reliable pure sports car in the world, Porsche. But are these Exotics??

• 3 weeks later...

too many to list, but I'll play..

I have bought 3 88-94 BMW 750's as daily drivers/beaters. Great Chicago highway cars, V12, comfortable and sporty for a big car. The most I paid for any of them has been $2200. That said the BMW 850 has a more exotic look, can be had with a 6 speed, and a well maintained driver can be had for $8000-$15000.

Also a fan of the aforementioned 3000GT VR4. They are getting harder to find but $10,000 can get a decent AWD, Twin Turbo with every option and it looks like a sports GT. Same goes for it's little brother the 96-99 Eclipse GSX. $5000 gets you an AWD turbo that's pretty nimble

Forget all the grief given by the anti replica people, an 88 Fiero Formula with a V8 is great handling, VERY quick, and as a bonus the driving position is so similar to the Lambo :) (just remember when parking the Lambo that it's lots bigger on the outside lol).

Almost forgot!!, a Maserati bi turbo has really dated looks, is often mistaken for a Chevy cavalier, but it's Italian, has a great name, sounds great and can be had for under $2000

Chelle

I will put more of my .02 in.

1986 Lamborghini Jalpa. Yes, Lamborghinis less than $40,000 and will appreciate. Todays bargain is tomorrows nest egg.

IMHO a real "bang for the buck" car is the Nissan 350Z. For under 50K you get a vehicle that while not on par with a Lamborghini will give the driver a real thrill.

IMHO a real "bang for the buck" car is the Nissan 350Z. For under 50K you get a vehicle that while not on par with a Lamborghini will give the driver a real thrill.

They sound great too!

too many to list, but I'll play..

I have bought 3 88-94 BMW 750's as daily drivers/beaters. Great Chicago highway cars, V12, comfortable and sporty for a big car. The most I paid for any of them has been $2200. That said the BMW 850 has a more exotic look, can be had with a 6 speed, and a well maintained driver can be had for $8000-$15000. Chelle

I think the problem with those cars, is the cost of parts and maintainance. (just from what I heard).

If you can get by those problems, you have an excellent car.

Ask Charliex what he thinks of a 50k bang for the buck piece of turd. :D He got a ride in one last week.

Let me guess its the C5 POS?

Ahhhhhhh, I see. But all that plastic and cheap leather is such a turn off.

I agree, but a C5 Plastic mess-06 can be had for less than 30k. Thats killer performance for the dollar.

I agree, but a C5 Plastic mess-06 can be had for less than 30k. Thats killer performance for the dollar.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. But, you will attract so many over age women, the cost will be so much higher. Have you ever looked at who is diving the majority of these Corvettes? They are old crusty men.

Id rather use a C5 and buy a GTM for far less than a C5 Plastic mess-06 and have performance that will dominate the Gallardo and F-430, 911 and C6 Plastic mess-06.

Have you ever looked at who is diving the majority of these Corvettes? They are old crusty men.

Thats only the majority of them. :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

Id rather use a C5 and buy a GTM for far less than a C5 Plastic mess-06 and have performance that will dominate the Gallardo and F-430, 911 and C6 Plastic mess-06.

Translation???????