Countach sold.

lambolp400s

I guess this car has been discussed before, but what I wonder about is if anybody know inn what shape this car is in?

http://www.fa-automobile.com/detail-vente....id=7&v=1091

http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search...x?itemid=337083

The car has been for sale since before christmas if I don`t remember much wrong. And at a wanted price of $89.000. I guess it now sold for less than that. Is there a reason for this "low" price thinking of the price other cars is priced at?

I have kept an eye on that car wondering the same thing myself. Why so low and is it still for sale at that price? :eusa_think:

He probably got the 89k he was looking for. He was firm on the price. The car is nice, I think it needed the dash recovered (?), and has not had much service work done on it, besides a water pump. He bought it a year earlier from Scott at a very attractive price.

We've discussed that car before. What makes you think that $89k for a 2v '83 is cheap?

Because they should sell for $150k. :eusa_dance: After all, those slower 4l cars are selling for $180k+. :icon_mrgreen:

Now this is a coincidence.

I inquired about this car this morning. The owner called me back and filled me in on the condition.

There is absolutely 100% NO history with this vehicle. The owner has had it for over a year and has not put one dime into the car for maintenance (fluids).

He has a leaking water pump which he says he has tried to fix but cant.

The paint , in his words, is 24 years old and is good for that many years.

the interior also shows age.

Divorce forces sale.

That is way too wierd that this car has come up, especially after I called on it just to check it out. I would rather go for "Samuels" for the same money.

its still for sale

You're right, I listed my car with Roy. He put it on Ebay. If that car went for 89K then mine is a steal at 94K. My has nothing wrong with it and the paint is great. I am not in a rush either, will probably be strict with my price. 92K is my lowest. Baby needs a new pair of shoes. It will be bitter sweet if it sells. I love that car.

Udo, your car is a different case. This car is no where near as nice as your car.

Thanks. Well mine is not exactly "perfect", but it will be eventually. Then maybe I'll sell it for $200k. :eusa_dance:

Thanks. Well mine is not exactly "perfect", but it will be eventually. Then maybe I'll sell it for $200k. :eusa_dance:

No, Udo, remember...............you have to sell it to me at a loss. You promised.

We've discussed that car before. What makes you think that $89k for a 2v '83 is cheap?

Mike, i know a very nice, original 5000S red sold for 105k euro

this one is not as good -from pics- but i'd to say 89k $ looks quite cheap

P.S. i know it is not the same thing and i have nothing to gain sayn this :eusa_silenced: ..., but with LP400 well over 250K $ and 400S selling for 150-180 k$, i'd call any good 5000s 2V Weber car a good deal for 89k$

I'll trade it for your Diablo and Jalpa. :icon_mrgreen:

I have been feilding a lot of calls on his car. I really dont think it is going to last long at all. With the research I did out there, this car is a VERY VERY good deal at this price....NOT TO MENTION saving on Sales Tax through us AND $500.00 TOWARDS SHIPPING anywhere in the USA...

CAN NOT GO WRONG WITH THIS CAR....IMO

12 YEAR financing available!! ZERO down!!

Should I ask for more. greed is good

the car leaks anti-freeze when you shut it down.........(that"s what the seller told me)....

also tried to tell me that it's normal :jackoff:

the car leaks anti-freeze when you shut it down.........(that"s what the seller told me)....

also tried to tell me that it's normal :jackoff:

leaks from the hoses or head gaskets? thats a shit load of cash for a car that may need and engine out and new gaskets job.

i guess the carbs cars prise increase is driving the others up too?

ps : i dont know anything about this car, my thoughts are more of a general observation.

love the black Countachs though.

leaks from the hoses or head gaskets? thats a shit load of cash for a car that may need and engine out and new gaskets job.

i guess the carbs cars prise increase is driving the others up too?

ps : i dont know anything about this car, my thoughts are more of a general observation.

love the black Countachs though.

My understanding is it leaks from the water-pump. guy says he has rebuilt it three times and it still leaks.

Talked to Wil about doing a PPI and he said either it needs to be re-built again (properly)

or the engine is coming out.. so I guess it's either no big deal or just about the worst case

scenario....nothing in between, but I learned that the water pump on a Countach can be

a very big deal.

Why would you have to rebuild the water pump 3 times? I wonder if the housing on it is shot.

I knew a guy one time who cut a board on his tablesaw 3 times and it was still too short :eusa_wall:

:eusa_think:

I knew a guy one time who cut a board on his tablesaw 3 times and it was still too short :eusa_wall:

:eusa_think:

Sounds like something I might do.